Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
ChenSA, you've had a level 11 Gaffgarion as your friend unit for a few weeks.

No idea if you're still playing but change it up or I'll have to unfriend you :v:

Sidenote: 1 Spot for a 500 ATK Elza. 112,301,437

m.hache fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cat Pilot posted:

Speaking of fixed, you should fix your friend code.

added her.

Noted:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Probably give him Last Stand at the very least. Maybe some kinda dumb gimmick where he deals more damage the lower health he's at.

Time to stack him with +HP items and make him a pseudo tank.

I got nothing else to grind right now so I'll use the maze to max him out right now. I doubt he will top the charts in damage though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well I tried Nox and had the exact same problem I had with memu. I try to start it up, it gets to 99%, and just stops there. The only difference is after a couple of minutes, Nox puts up a little window that says "Hey startup failed!"

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.

Are you trying to start it up using remote desktop? If the graphic card isn't being triggered Nox tends to do that.

Maybe make sure your drivers are up to date.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I cannot get my macros to run for more than an hour now. They either crash to desktop, freeze up entirely or end up in some feedback loop.

This is on both Memu and Nox, and on the most recent versions of each.

That alone might kill the game for me.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Honestly, if I get banned for Macroing it'll be a bitter sweet release.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

gently caress gachas.

Looks like they "Gacha" good!

:suicide:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Of course after bitching about my Macro's today, Nox has been running flawlessly for 6 hours while I work.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just wish it didn't take normal energy for this.

How am I supposed to TM grind now.

This is probably Gumis way to combat TM Macroers. Make event that require constant grinding.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

they really need to release some good mage units so i can use all these mag pots

already maxed out ramza

Exdeath?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fenrir,

Twice your noctis has eaten it on the first round of ELT Froster. Just bad luck I suppose. The ifrit makes him vulnerable to his blizzagas.

Still packs a whollop though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Would the Giants axe edge out the enhancer after her buffs?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Ariana Grande thing is Gumi's way of distracting us from bad pulls %.

It's working.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Popup wasted a days worth of TM Grinding.

Gonna see that crop up somewhere on reddit in some flame thread.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

Doublehand VS Dualwield oh god my brain

Dual wield.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Anyone have a proper guide to set up nox?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/?sort=new

Dark Fina down in 2 rounds. GrimSA, your Noctis is a beast with 805 ATK. My Elza is starting to destroy since I put Dual Wield and a Gungnir on her. Still only floating around 500ish ATK though, but mostly because she has Diabolos on her.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So i woke up to a "group bonus" which had a bunch of stat pots and tickets.

Any idea what that was about?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

They're the cumulative point total rewards for the Frostor event.

Oh awesome

Completely forgot about that.

Also managed to pull Luka this morning. I can finally replace Lenna but I'm going to miss my cheer buff.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

:retrogames: fits well enough.

or :suicide:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vax posted:

What makes this good and actually watchable is the Doge avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qgwGsgdz28

Oh god those 10 pulls were horrible. loving Lani.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm curious where she'll fall in the rankings and what her kit will look like.

I can't recall, is she a mage?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

AegisP posted:

Unknown exactly, but in one of the screenshots, she's casting Dance Tune, whatever that does.

Our first 6* Support would make sense, but we won't know really.

A dedicated support class doesn't really have a fit on any of my teams.

That being said, I could always replace Luka with her and keep my Dual Cast on Cecil for Double Curaja fun.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

KDdidit posted:

Was a pretty long run of not much to do but TM grind. Since Frosty ended (where a lot of people even had all the rewards by the end of the first week) all you basically had to do was run the 5 Aquapolis levels plus the dailies and you were set. Will probably TM the first few days of the Type-0 while hoping to get some bonus units and waiting for friends to get some too. I suggest if you get lucky on pulls to really hammer the King Mog stuff. I lucked into 2 Lightnings (100% Bonus) and 3 75% bonus units during the last one and with a friend Lightning I was rolling in gears. Ended up with 50 of every 6* mat, both trust Moogles, and anything else useful. Then again it may not work well with this banner since the difference in running 2+1 Lightnings and say 2+1 Aces may be hard to overcome.

I may just forgo the 6* Mats this time. Pretty sure I have a full stack of each of them.

I'll just get the Tickets, Gigantuars and the moogles if it's not a great pain in the rear end.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Evil Fluffy posted:

Got Trey for my 1/2 pull and blew through all the levels. The ELT boss is able to be hit with blind and paralyze so Exdeath/Exdeath/Exdeath/Trey/Cecil can walk right through it with an Exdeath clearing the first 3 waves via dualcast thundaga while the others melee to build up an LB for one of the Exdeaths.

I've gotten so used to a full Melee team that I forgot about my 550Mag ExDeath. He's trivializing this event now. Can wipe all waves in one dual cast.

Time to load up on more bonus units.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

People are reporting that using Carbuncle reflect with Exdeath on the boss obliterates him.

Just using his LB blinds the boss. I can 2 shot him with my Elza so I completely mitigate the only threat he poses with that leap.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Try reflecting. You might be able to 1 round him (I personally haven't tried yet).

How does that work exactly? I've never tried using Carbuncle yet. I just assumed it reflected all spells (including healing)

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
The boss can be blinded and paralyzed.

This has to be one of the easiest events in recent memory. I could probably run 4/6 bonus units and be fine.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

hagie posted:

The difficulty scaling in this game cracks me up. I just broke open into the 3rd map, and every fight is Graviga then some other -aga spell and mobs are wiped. Repeat that 3 or 4 times, get to boss area, and suddenly everything you hit does 1/50th damage.

What I am saying is, basically I got Mad Ochu'd to death for 200 lapis to get the fight over with, WHILE he was on Full Break, Imperil'd, and I had shellga and protectga up...after clearing the other fights with so much a hint of the oncoming difficulty.

Also, what is up with the dramatic change in energy. 2nd map everything was 10+ energy, and now I am back to 6,7,8s

There was this weird energy growth where they realized people couldn't clear content fast enough because it'd take 60 energy to get 4/6 through a level.

I'm glad they equalized it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So since this event has started I've seen one Duplicorn.

I'm still trudging along though and will likely have everything I want and can go back to running my macro 24/7

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

McSpankWich posted:

The summon system change doesn't really change the chances of pulling Orlandu on banner though. If you pull a rainbow currently it's a 50% chance that it's the current on banner 5*, or one of the many 5* capable characters in the game. The change would make it so that you'd have a 50% chance for Orlandu and a 50% chance for a 5* base. Which IS better, but doesn't change your odds of getting TG Cid, just makes it so your NOT TG Cid Rainbows won't be poo poo.

Tell that to Palleon and his 5* Sahz.

That's one thing I'll miss is the rollercoaster ride of emotions when I pull a 5* Celes.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

So, I was using Nox before work to do some arenas while my phone charged. I entered the Nian exploration, not realizing it was an exploration, saw the map size and closed Nox, because gently caress that.

When I got to work and got back onto BE, I had successfully completed the exploration, and got all the rewards except for killing the Nian with a limit or whatever.

So, this event can be cheesed. Do with this information what you will.

I don't advise doing this. It's that grey area where bans "may" be given out.

Sorta like how bans were "handed out" for the Maxwell event but 90% of this thread did it and we're still here.

It's so drat easy to run. I managed to do it in 10 minutes this morning.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So the game won't let me fuse my two Trey's into each other. They don't even show up as an option.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Palleon posted:

You also can't fuse if they're in a party even if unlocked.

Totally forgot about that. I had them in a farming party that I haven't used in weeks.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Somebody coded this up on Reddit, but your probably better off not knowing...

http://ffbe-oddsbitch.danposluns.com

Where's the Fenrir button that increased the numbers by 40%?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MrLonghair posted:

I give up on the kill ELT nyanbeast with item goal. Had to babysit Hayate just to get the exploration event item kill one done. Tickle, Inspect to see how much health is left, tickle once more, see health..

As long as the item is used during the group killing blow it counts.

I got the Item and Esper in one shot.

Just start with your heavy hitters, then cast the item.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Aside from having more armor and poo poo, is exdeath better than dark fina in any way? I'm totally not bitter I didn't roll her after spending so many tickets on that banner. :argh: Aside from being a cool tree knight at least.

ExDeath is easily more accessible since he's a base 3*.

So there's that.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

what's the optimal build for firion to max attack then? fists? or do other weapons work just as well too with different tms if you don't have yun or snow

I'm interested in this too. I've got Bracers, Excalibur, Save the Queen, Black Cowl and DW saved up. Wondering if I can make a push for a semi-turbo Firion to compensate for not pulling Orlandu when he comes out.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any chance we can stash the 11 pull for Orlandu?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Welp game crashed during ELT Captain and now it won't load. Dandy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dana Crysalis posted:

Someone on Reddit had that problem and had to Restore the app, but that fixed it supposedly.

Well isn't that swell.

Guess we'll get some sort of compensation for this. That's always the silver lining

• Locked thread