Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Perfect timing, I purged all pubs from my friends list and have plenty of room for hot sweaty goon meat. I don't have a good rep but please add to help me beat story content! :)

508 888 663

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Reposting from last thread because I think it got swallowed up - is there a reason to do Arena as a newbie? I thought the first 5 fights a day would give you lapis win or lose but I haven't been getting rewards the past couple of days.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

I answered your question in the OP :smug:

I am an idiot because I cannot find it. My question is, do the first five fights/day in the PvP Arena give you lapis like I thought or can I just do the Col to move forward in there? I am not only not getting rewards in my mailbox, but even messages saying I earned a reward. I thought last week I was getting those. Sorry if it's really obvious in the OP but I read the thing and skimmed it again and didn't see it :smith:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

How does this game do when trying to play cross-platform? I have a new android phone that can run it but I've been playing on my ipad at home. Any issues? (can't download it and try right now because I'm not near a wireless connection)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Well that's stupid. Thanks for answering!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I'm restarting since I'm making android my primary device and I don't want to deal with lapis shenanigans. F2P so it's not like I'm losing anything. If you could add my new account, that would be awesome.

225 985 375

edit: related, is this a good banner to blow summon tickets on, or should I hold off

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah I got Duane from my daily 1/2 price :(

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Is there any way to build a balanced team that includes both Refia and Tilith? Is both of them too much white magic? I haven't pulled any remarkable DPS units - using Rain, Lasswell, and Kain right now - but got both of these within three pulls.

Oh and I need more goonmeat to throw at the story, 225 985 375, you can delete the VidPaine with a max 4* arc.

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 24, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Pulled a cod from my half price, is she one of those things that will let me steamroll content?

Been pretty lucky with pulls using only the half price and tickets as f2p. Tooth, refia, cod so far.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Glad to see everyone getting some good pulls today. Did an 11-pull and got Alma, Faris, Exdeath, and Cecil, none of which I had. Could really use some advice on making a balanced team that will let me push through content. I feel a little white mage/support-heavy:

Tellah
CoD
Refia
Tilith
Kain
Exdeath
Cecil
Faris
Alma
Kuja
Roselia
edit: And just drew Buttz from my 1/2 price

My other pulls are garbage from what I see on the wiki.

Also 225 985 375 !

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 25, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Cecil, Refia, CoD, Exdeath, Bartz (which autocorrects to Barry on my phone) will be very, very good. Tellah is good if you want to do more mage stuff, and Faris is a good Full
Breaker, so switch them in if you feel lacking. Faris for Cecil (you won't NEED a tank for a while, but you WILL eventually) and Tellah for CoD or Bartz (both of which are monsters at 6 stars, but not that great until then.)

Thanks! Big help!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Repeating a question I had last week because I still don't think I worded it clearly:

Am I supposed to be able to get 40 lapis from fighting 5 times in the arena every day? Some days I'll do one arena fight and get 20 lapis so I'll know I can do four more fights and get another 20 lapis on the last fight. Other days, I do an arena fight and... nothing, so I just spend orbs clearing the Colon. I don't know if it's a bug or if you can only get the rewards so many times or what.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Oh jeez no wonder I'm so confused. Thanks!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Can I do the bridge thing if I'm brand new or will that be wasted energy

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I have five exdeaths. Should I just have a team of five exdeaths for all content

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

PopeCrunch posted:

I have a few pubbies on my friend list, from when I just started and was sending friend requests every time I picked a rando. One of them for the longest time has had a level 7 Agrias as their friend unit, I take 'em along if I'm just faffing about with earth shrine exploration for the daily or cleaning up lapis missions, because lol the friend unit absolutely doesn't matter.

This morning, I noticed it was a level 9 Agrias. Keep going li'l buddy you'll get there :unsmith:

I always assume these are the normal human beings that play for about 30 minutes a week while pooping, unlike us who obsess about energy wasted at cap

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Related to Exdeath questions, how many do I need before I can start fusing them off? I'm at god drat 6 of them. Trust mastery macro'ing is not something I plan on doing if that makes a difference.

e: Same question but for Bartz and Alma

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 28, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

My team is Cecil Exdeath Tellah Refia Faris. Just pulled two va ans in a row. Should I drop Faris for him? Not a huge fan of my party only having one lady in it

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

No thoughts on Vaan vs Faris? I hate to repeat stupid newbie questions but I'm still learning and have trouble evaluating characters.

Seems like steal would be useful since I don't have anyone else with it but I don't know what strengths Faris has outside of full brea

edit: I'm dumb and immediately found a forum post comparing them

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 30, 2016

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Cool, I woke up to zero orbs and an hour later I have one orb!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Now have infinorbs like everyone else. Scared to clear the Colon and get banned. Gotta work anyway. wom

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

How many of my 8 Exdeaths should I keep? No TM macroing.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

If this is your first freemium game, the business model is predicated on creating what are called "pain points" to force you to spend money. You cruise, get a ton of premium currency, people level fast, awakening is easy, etc and then you start hitting walls, whether it be difficult enemies, massive amounts of time needed to progress characters, etc. Then they sell you currency to remove the pain points temporarily until you hit the next wall.

You might quit but they don't care because it just means you aren't spending money. Plenty of people are broken and will spend hundreds.

This is the hell that we, as consumers, have asked for with our dollars. They make these games because they generate income, not because they want the player to feel good or enjoy themselves. They are not worried about losing players because they are making massive profits off those that stay. TLDR if you can't enjoy a stupid grindy game being stupid and grindy, you are not understanding the basic premise of the game you are playing

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Pokemaster #421 posted:

That's a good point and yeah I get the logic behind it, but at least for me I drop money when the event is good like with the Halloween one. I spent more on that event then the rest of the garbage ones combined. That must not be the case across the board though because I'm sure they have who spends what when broken down six ways from Sunday and it must be more profitable to have lovely events more often otherwise we wouldn't see them. But you're right when all is said and done that's the nature of the beast and expecting something to magically change around is probably pretty dumb. Welp back to grinding forever to get these dumb cactars.

I hope I didn't come off preachy or condescending but you pretty much get it. I am a broken human and am able to enjoy this kind of game without dropping money, but another gashapon game had me in it's claws a couple years ago before I knew the drill and I spent a lot of money stupidly. So now I sing the gospel of F2P whenever I join a game like this, just hoping someone reads it and doesn't make my same mistakes. End of sermon, time to grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

225 985 375

I could use some friends with real good units to try to carry me in some event stages. I'm also adding codes I see in here, but just in case anyone is so bored they want to add a useless newbie manually

• Locked thread