Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
In the colosseum section you say you only get 3 orbs. It's 5 now. Also there is an arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

The FFT exploration event was such an amazing boon for Esper leveling that I feel really bad for anyone who started after it and/or wish a future exploration event has similarly good returns.

I was just going to post this. I got literally all my espers to max just from doing that exploration for like..... 3 days. It was ludicrous

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Does anyone know exactly how much these stat pots actually boost your stats? I want to toss them onto Cecil or ExDeath, but there is of course no UI confirmation of anything prior to fusion. I know what their max boosts are from the wiki, but I don't want to waste them by overstuffing anybody.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

She becomes pretty good. Innate dualcast with green/white/black magic. So in theory she can Buff and/or heal and/or contribute to a chain 2 out of 3 in a turn. Doesn't have 6* stats obviously, but a solid addition to a team for sure.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Niton posted:

what do i win

The prize is the realization of your crippling autism.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Deleted a bunch of inactives and nongoons as well. Currently a 398 Mag Arc, but will be 6* ExDeath tomorrow (working on DW and 3x Letters and Arms as well, so he should be pretty beastly at some indeterminate amount of time in the future)

\/\/\/ - Well he still has built in Dualcast and all the -agas, so depending on how many ExDeaths and Kefkas you have (or if you're one of those people who doesn't want duplicate characters on your team), he definitely is great to plug holes in a mage team. Cecil, ExDeath, Kefka, Arc, Tellah is amazing for arena, even moreso when their 6*'s come out. Cecil, ExDeath, Kefka, Arc, Refia also an aces team. He is your best bet out of all your dudes listed below, except debatably for Krile, depending on what her Mag stat ends up being at 5*

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 21, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Chen Kenichi posted:

Temptation has me wanting to dump cash so I can TM farm my 3 Ludmilles then run ExDeath x 2 + Rydia x 3 all with DC. Ten space rocks should be enough to kill stuff I think.

Only need 2 Rydias! Cecil with Focus provides a larger bonus to damage than the two extra castings (I think)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

I've never had anyone use Raise offensively on me in Arena :confused:

I don't think the AI is capable of targeting opponents with Raise... but you can certainly do it to them.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Dazh posted:

I've heard Japan doesn't have it this bad.

You're right, it's far, far worse in Japan.

fedit: also way to drop $100 on the worst banner since I started playing

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AegisP posted:

Twin Lance on Lightning would probably be a nightmare. Every time you hit attack you'd be able to go make a sandwhich before it finishes.

Someone should do this on their friend unit for troll purposes. Like that guy with Locke and charm bangle. If you give her an Aurora Scarf also will her norma attack hit 8 times? 12 times?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Tengames posted:

Gumi has an event in thier facebook page where you get a summon ticket and some gigatuars if you're over rank 15 and post a screenshot of your character page. It lasts until 12/8
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/race-to-rank-15/692786827549867

If it's anything like the other Facebook events, we're all going to get the rewards anyway, so why bother.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Your excess energy is triggering me so hard

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

HGH posted:

It seems the Water Shrine is capable of dropping every single type of Megacryst except fire (I got Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Dark and Light). It doesn't have a great EXP/NRG ratio, but if you want the most versatility, this might be the place.
The only problem I can foresee is that the boss, Gespenst, is a Mahadeva palette swap and thus can present a legitimate threat.

Or you can just cast raise on it to kill it in one shot

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

I've been working on completing missions and I just beat the Golem fight twice. It counted as two exploration quests for my dailys. :psyduck:

Yea Espers have always counted as explorations for that quest for whatever reason.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

In case any of you were considering doing an 11-pull today..... don't.

:negative:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 14, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I'll be taking PayPal donations to help me recover from my now crippling depression

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Langolas posted:

Just get on that train to Pulland and we'll take care of that "donation" with some fresh gold teeth!

We should come together as a community and support this poor f2p teacher with monetary donations for lapis. I'll even live stream my horrible future pulls. It'll be like that guy pulling for Elza video

\/\/ - :rip:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 28, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Goddamnit

\/\/\/ - I don't know... 2 usable characters is better than 1. That's a lot Bediles though :lol:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 28, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

They're explorations though so I guess that's a thing.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

SquirrelGrip posted:

what team should i be rollin with now, afaik the non poo poo units i have are;

CoD, ExDeath, Agrias, Refia, Bartz. Could swap Bartz for the other CoD as well. Ideally you'd want a Cecil or some other tank in there instead of either of them, especially for the recent challenge content.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 30, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm confused. My Refia has magi staff and heavy shield equipped, why would you need a rod or mace? She's rocking equip shield, dualcast, stona, and melody of life, plus magi staff, flame shield, mystery veil, minerva bustier, 2x muscle belt.

I assume he thinks that you can't equip stuff in your OH if you're using a 2h weapon like a staff or spear. Surprise! You can.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Kronikle posted:

What's with this snarkiness? He was trying to give you advice.

The horror!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'd really like to see Square's original fully realized vision for FF9, because it feels like they had to cut a lot of content. Lani has her own (pretty badass) theme and character model, and gets played up like they're introducing some big new character, only to be such a non-entity, I can't even really remember what she does in the story, and I've played through the whole game multiple times.

She's a bounty hunter hired by Brahne along with Amarant to hunt down Garnet and Co to get the summon jewel thing back that's in Garnet's necklace. You encounter her three times during your journey to the outer continent, she's actually pretty persistent. The final time you see her she kidnaps Eiko and holds her for ransom for the jewel, which culminates in Amarant coming in and taking it and giving it back to you if you agree to fight him because he's butthurt that you got him arrested at the Auction House in Treno. I assume she would have stuck around after that, except in the immediate next dungeon Kuja fries Brahne with Bahamut and therefore her contract is null and she has no reason to keep following you around.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Any time Rain is lead in my list, I click him without hesitation. I have never lost any of those matches.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Do what I did and wait for a non lovely event that you can complete easily, (FFT in my case) and grind the mats for literally every character you have or want that will ever get to 6*. Now I never have to grind mats again! Unless I get someone I wasn't expecting. This event I just need to grind mats for Refia and Garland to replenish (and add to) my supply and I'm done, aside from gigantuars and such.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

e:f;b

Considering it's happening to everyone, I doubt they're going to ban their entire playerbase

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The whales were getting them also though, so presumably no one will complain

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

PathAsc posted:

Yeah gently caress this. I'll just grind all my mages instead.

I turned on my TM Macro after I cleared BGN -> PRO and I'm not looking back

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Why would they not have Lightning for a bonus earner. FF13 is her game goddamnit.

Because people can have and use lightning to get bonuses without wasting money on pulls

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I've been dumping HP and SPR onto Refia, MAG and MP into ExDeath, DEF and LB onto Cecil, and just recently decided to put ATK into Chiz, since her 6* is coming soon and is apparently good. I don't really have any other top tier physical dps so yea.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Vax posted:

Got the impression that 6* Chorizo is useless. Apart from that the 6* awakening will override any pots you fed her, will it not?

No, it's just that many fewer pots I have to feed her when she awakens.

\/\/\/ - Also this, some of us have never pulled a 5*base, or a rainbow crystal, ever :smith:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 4, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

I meant one specific character cause there aren't many characters that would use L&A other than Exdeath. 30% mag is good for any mage just like bracers are good for any physical attacker.

Krile can use swords too, I'm sure there are other mages either out now, or coming out eventually that can use swords as well. Here's her with Enhancer

Krile 5 Star
Total Stats: HP: 2564 MP: 341 ATK: 207 DEF: 210 MAG: 633 SPR: 272

Casters who could benefit and are also of note: Celes, Ludmille, Ingus, Ramza

Ramza 6 Star (Learns Ultima)
Total Stats: HP: 4813 MP: 318 ATK: 302 DEF: 291 MAG: 754 SPR: 348

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 5, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Scrublord Prime posted:

Praying for Death.

This is me. During this event.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

6 of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm not going to get either of them so I might as well chase the dragon

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

enahs posted:

How often does the special friend point summon happen? The one that includes cactuars and gil snappers. I'm getting a lot of friend points saved up and I'm hoping for that to happen soon but I've only seen it once since I started playing. Is that a regular occurrence or just random?

It's random, it's happened twice since I started playing in July. Honestly though, after the second one I realized that you're actually better off just using them to get the few good TMs that friend point units offer (Aquan, Stone, and Dragon Killer, HP+10%, Sunbeam, maybe some more I'm forgetting). I burned all 99k FP and I think I got like... 8 gigantuars? All the other special units you get are basically useless (gil who cares, regular cactus who cares) and prevent you from getting more of the good TM units.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

drat, I thought I was in bad shape with no 5* bases and my only 4* bases being Gaff, Chiz, Agrias, and Rosa. That's some poo poo luck dude.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

They definitely have, this morning I pulled my first Roselia as a daily, then used 5 tickets

Fang
Fang
4* Roselia
Garland
Artemios

not a single bedile, maria, penelo, or sabin

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Rigel posted:

lol, I'm not going to do that. (I think)

So, I guess I just try to get as many Trust Moogles as I can and accept the slow pace?

I thought the same thing when I started. "I'll never do that, that's crazy." Here I am 5 months in, macroing all night, because even with moogles it's completely impossible to get more than one like every 6 months any other way.

Edit: To help illustrate, I pulled Kefka and ExDeath the first day I started playing, and they have been on my team for practically every story dungeon, event, vortex mission, etc. They are at 9.8% and 11.2% respectively.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 12, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Meanwhile, Mr. Meteor over on the other side...

If you swapped Refia for Cecil (or another Focus user) Meteors would work just as well.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

dangerous.hotdog posted:

They all 999 anyway without Focus (except vs. Cecil and Refia but I can deal with that). I built my team so everyone's MAG and HP is consistent across the team so that everyone can hit 999.

But yea, I think I'll swap to Cecil just for his Cover since Exdeaths are made of paper. Putting Black Belt and Sleep Sword on him is nice too.

Chaining breaks the 999 barrier, you'll increase damage with each hit. The last one will likely hit for over 2k damage with focus.

• Locked thread