Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I'm a pretty new F2P player. I've ground about 10k karma and am getting ready to cash out. Is it worth it to grab the Vernard or Lad Mirazh? Or is it more worth it to grab a cactuars and awakening mats? As far as equipment the Murasasa is my best weapon so far.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Thanks for this write up. I actually use Kain so I'm going to get awakening mats and the spear to start, then check out any gigantaurs/tickets with the leftovers.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

KDdidit posted:

Darn it event. I have 280 NRG bottled up I wanted to burn so I can hit "collect all" again when getting all the piddly 10 and 20 lapis things from clearing stages instead of wasting time doing it one my one

I did the exact same thing and this event gave me massive blue balls. Just not worth eating the NRG.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

321 020 638

Add me if you want to see my 6* Butz!

Reminder to put something SA related in your comment lest you be branded a pubbie.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Blew a bunch of saved ticket hoping for a lightning. Got Charlotte which is good, two gold Rosa I don't need, and SIX FANGS. WTF. Is she worth any amount of poo poo other than team gear grind?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I read in this thread that macroing is okay with the company, but I'm seeing it as a TOS violation elsewhere. Which is it?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Two-Headed Dragon is down. I had Bartz, Refia, Krile, Kain and Charlotte + MrSwoons baller Luneth. Full up F2P with no TMs yet. Bartz + Refia + Krile has so much staying power it's insane. And now my Charlotte is up to 405 Defense with her new helmet and shield.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Palleon posted:

Penis to skip dailies...

What?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Dana Crysalis posted:

I would be the biggest whale if this were a thing.

Ugh don't even joke. I just remembered the other day that was a SE game.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Any reason to get Cerius or Medius leveled up for this raid?

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 20, 2016

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Problem with Medius is no matter what he gets he has draw attacks. Unless he gets evasion or something he literally had a huge target on his back.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

First group reward is incoming.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Don't forget the other snowman thing next week may be more beneficial. I mean I doubt it cause Gumi but maybe.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Go RV! posted:

Reminder that group rewards come out the 9th. You don't get those instantly like the individual ones.

Aww I got all excited.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Gonna vent a bit because apparently that leads to good pulls. I'm up to 100+ pulls since starting in November. My current lineup is Ceceil, Refia, Bartz, ExTree, and Argias/Krile depending. I have zero dual wield/dual cast TMR units. Bartz and Medius are my only 6* physical DD units.

I can't complain too much cause I can handle 99% of all the current content but I rely HEAVILY on whale friends.

Got double owned today too. 1/2 pull is regular Roselia. Gold pull on Noctis banner is Terra. FML.

All I want for Christmas is a Mercedes. Or a Cheesewhiz. Just something to throw a little damage.

Please Nuffle hear my pathetic F2P RNG prayers.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

CyberLord XP posted:

Gonna vent a bit because apparently that leads to good pulls. I'm up to 100+ pulls since starting in November. My current lineup is Ceceil, Refia, Bartz, ExTree, and Argias/Krile depending. I have zero dual wield/dual cast TMR units. Bartz and Medius are my only 6* physical DD units.

I can't complain too much cause I can handle 99% of all the current content but I rely HEAVILY on whale friends.

Got double owned today too. 1/2 pull is regular Roselia. Gold pull on Noctis banner is Terra. FML.

All I want for Christmas is a Mercedes. Or a Cheesewhiz. Just something to throw a little damage.

Please Nuffle hear my pathetic F2P RNG prayers.

THE SYSTEM WORKS!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

1/2 pull = Charolette
Burn a ticket on Noctis banner....FIRST EVER RAINBOW... Gaffgarion.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

By will of the discord here's my last Lapis on an 11:

Not crazy good but still very solid. I'm happy with it.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Cat Pilot posted:

i can't wait to set this chick as my friend unit

"You're not really my type, but we can be friend units."

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Is there any reason to have more than one doublehand TMR? I currently have 3x Bartz and I kind of want to smush them. I don't have any Zidanes or Gilgameshs, but I'm sure I'll get one or the other eventually.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Managed to Kill ELT. Are there any 6* full breakers yet? I brought Agrias as a breaker and 5* units do not do well in the Fina fight. Can't wait until WoL gets his 6*.

EDIT: Pretty sure I won with Dana's Noctis as well. He's so insane on damage an has great staying power for long explorations. Gross.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

AegisP posted:

Noctis not having Auto-Refresh in global is the most head scratching thing to me. We already have Auto-Refresh on our 5* base units, would it have killed Noctis to also have it?

I guess his abnormally high MP pool makes it much better than most.

He has multiple other MP refresh tools available, it's not a major issue.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

9 Pulls, got Jack, Seven and my first CoD, so I'm all set.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Shingouryu posted:

I've run into two dualcorns during my runs today, and they are pretty dangerous - anybody they decide to hit dies and they get two actions per turn. Hope they don't target your dualcast Refia! (they totally targeted my dualcast Refia)

You can have 2x Mirage vests. One for your tank, one for your Refia!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Vadun posted:

Just used an 811 attack Noctis friend and still wiped on Antonella.

Killed everything but the flower and still lost. Cecil, Refia, Mercedes, COD and Arc.

Probably need to swap Mercedes for a breaker, and try something other than fire flask, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Any advice?

This might seem weird, but were you using items? I know it took me a bit to get out of my RPG habit of never using them, but once I learned to start eating elixirs and ethers when needed stuff went way better.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Everyone attacks. Then BC lids sleeps it. Just make sure lid goes last.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Cecil
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Refia

Would level Bartz as well for the synergy with Refia.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

DD's are almost always the best "general use" companions. I'd go with Exdeath, Chizuru, or CoD based on which is geared better.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

hagie posted:

Trying to do long term strategy here:

After I beat all of the main story, and have mopped up all the cleats to get every bit of lapis offered, how do I sustain my lapis?

I am looking to put 0 money in this.

Do 5 daily quests, don't pull every day.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh my loving god. Since my usual arena strategy was banned this week (doublecast) I figured I'd just farm chumps for the 100 streak trophy.
I got to 74 before four nocti hiding behind a rain fire flasked me to ruin.
gently caress.

Maybe next week.

I managed to lose my 96 streak last night off of a game crash against a garbage team. Gotta try again next week

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Spells and limit breaks. Even ones that don't attack him.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

hagie posted:

I just can't get into this event

I don't mind the daily Beast fights, but the Great Beast fight is kind of poo poo. They really need to rework/get rid of Kill with Item/Kill with Esper requirements. I've done a few runs now and have been unable to time the Esper/Item correctly on the last attack due to their extremely low damage. So I'm throwing a bunch of time and energy at ELT for nothing. I'm probably going to call it and just TMR grind more.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Full party for TMRs.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Here's the thing though, there's not a lot of room to gently caress up when it's only a 5% moogle and it's 20 NRG a run. If you're a macro user (like me) and you can't get it in less than 5 runs it's not worth getting. I really don't care about the whip and it's difficult enough that I don't want to chance losing it.

If you can get it in the first try or two, well done. If not it's probably not worth it.

EDIT: Note I am F2P garbage and my big damage is from Bartz/ExDeath/Chiz. None are much higher than 400 in Atk/Mag, so this is a legit difficult fight for me.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

WebDO posted:

*Story content that does not, as a general rule, contain best in slot rewards, leveling/awakening/esper materials, or trust moogles.

So yes, if you want to just finish the story and don't care about anything outside of story mode you technically don't need 5 star units or trust mastery rewards.

Um, I ran through ELT Love Trials and Mana Mystery with 1 TMR (Double Hand) and no 5 star bases. I've beaten all the trails except March of the Beasts. You can literally do anything in this game with a decent team and a buff whale friend, of which there seem to be a solid supply. TMRs and 5 Stars are fun but nowhere necessary.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

WebDO posted:

It's almost like you're saying a five star base and TMs are mandatory to do anything challenging outside of story mode

You're making it sound like it's hard to have 5 stars on your friends list and it's not. :shrug:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

hagie posted:

When doing this kind of stuff are people running a single member or a full party?

I do a single member at a time. Big Noct buddy and away you go.

EDIT: Change thread Title to "Noct the gently caress out."

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Yeah what am I missing on the ELT boss? Is it just a super long fight?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Buckled down and beat ELT but how anyone who's not a a super whale beat it without white magic is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

hamsystem posted:

So who is Leon's TM best for? I pulled him this morning but I don't think I have anyone that can really utilize it, at least not yet.

Bartz could make good use of it. Already gets a bonus from swords and can equip heavy armor.

• Locked thread