Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This poll is closed.
Wow, cool!! 27 22.88%
Way to go! 33 27.97%
Please nno we already have too many stickied threads as it is 58 49.15%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Let's Play is such a rowdy rootin'-tootin' moshpit of a subforum (not really, you're all sweethearts and very well-behaved) that we've decided to enlist an extra moderator!

Blind Sally is here to transform the Let's Play moderation team from a Dynamic Duo into a Tremendous Trio. He's very kind and unlike me he posts good.

Please give him a warm welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

I object

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Looks like justice...is blind :cool:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Will we next create false mods to watch over us? How proud we have become, and how...blind.

Seriously though I'm fine with this. Please don't probate me Sally :tinfoil:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm sorry Crow, you're more doomed now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congrats, Blind Sally!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

aw crap now I can't make fun of him in discord.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I, for one, welcome our new overshitlord.

Well, worse decisions w/r/t good governance have been made this year, so why the gently caress not?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm never making Sally a mod on our discord server now. Too much power will go to his head.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

:confuoot:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Actually I thought about it some more and if you probate nine-gear crow for losing the keys to his LP I'll be 200% cool with this.

I'm already 100% cool about it but I could be 200% cool about it instead.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Remember people, your new mod LP'd PlayStation Home. This has nothing to do with anything. I just wanted to remind everyone of that.

EDIT: Quick! Perma everyone in the Ace Combat threads! Even Artix!

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 20, 2016

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Thanks, everyone! I vow to moderate with good grace, humour, and all due diligence. My promise to you is to not sticky so many threads that they spill over onto the second page of the subforum.

Or, well, I'll at least try not to sticky too many.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
If I was a mod i'd kill people.

This is also my plan if I win the lottery or get super powers.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
How much do you all hate Blind Sally to do this to them!?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It's hard keeping track of the 20 different mods this forum gets over the year, so I hope this mod, whoever they are, is a benevolent and wonderful person who has many great lps under their belt.

*checks mod list*

Awwwwwww shiiiiiiiit

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm glad of it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Is it considered mod sass to demand that Sally get off his rear end and do a new Wrestling Manager LP? Because that's a thing that needs to be done :argh:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Can we sticky this thread?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Is it considered mod sass to demand that Sally get off his rear end and do a new Wrestling Manager LP? Because that's a thing that needs to be done :argh:

Seconded, sass or not.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

That's still coming. I've got the program, I just need to square a few things away first. Besides, you need to come up with a new character anyway since Shockrocket got promoted to SLW's head of the Science Division.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

nine-gear crow posted:

That's still coming. I've got the program, I just need to square a few things away first. Besides, you need to come up with a new character anyway since Shockrocket got promoted to SLW's head of the Science Division.

Waaaaaaayyyy ahead of you on that point: can you say 'evil interdimensional twins?' If so, then get ready for SLW2: This Time, It's Not All Doktor Shockrocket's Fault, Probably

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Can we sticky this thread?

Why must you tempt me?!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I gave the game to crow. He'll probably get it started after he updates PoP2008.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Yo, congrats!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Bajillionthing another Wrestling Manager LP. There hasn't been nearly enough wrasslin' in this here Let's Play forum. Congrats, Blind Sally!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
so hey what's your mod star gonna be

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Looper posted:

so hey what's your mod star gonna be
hopefully a Blind Sally

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Bajillionthing another Wrestling Manager LP. There hasn't been nearly enough wrasslin' in this here Let's Play forum. Congrats, Blind Sally!

Follow me to Hell, my children. Follow meeeeeeeeee

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
First Drumpf, and now Blind Sally. What the gently caress is this world coming to :unsmigghh:

(Congrats, Blind Sally).

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Yesssssss this new mod appointment already yields results!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This subforum goes through mods like water, Jesus.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Blind Sally's LP of PlayStation @home was one of the greatest things to from from this beloved Sub-Forum.

I approve of this mod.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Grapplejack posted:

This forum goes through a lot of water?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Welcome to something is awful dot com

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Grapplejack posted:

I wonder why that is, does it generate a disproportionately large workload or something?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
From what Fedule has said in between our recording sessions, quite the opposite. LP is remarkably well behaved. :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Artix posted:

From what Fedule has said in between our recording sessions, quite the opposite. LP is remarkably well behaved. :shrug:

The few times I do look at other forums' reports, LP generally has barely any. I'm jealous.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, LP is, on the whole, pretty well behaved. Sometimes we'll go weeks without a report, and then when one comes in it might not even be actionable. Sometimes, the reports come in waves, which usually means someone's posted a spoiler in a no-spoiler thread and started a cascade spoil-a-thon.

Mostly I put this down to LP threads being - despite their relatively long interest-life and post count - very specifically limited in interest and having a single person (or group) run the show. It's not like a lot of forums where any person passing by might have something to say; it's just people who are here to consume some Content™ and have a little chat, and a lot of times people will pipe down if the OP asks nicely (or just closes the thread with prejudice).

Purely by volume, LP could be moderated in any other mod's spare mod time. We could have Mega do it, he's even a Known Guy around here! But we have multiple mods anyway, because;

1) Coverage. Like I said in the rules thread, we'll never have mod eyes on more than a small fraction of ongoing threads. Not everything gets reported, and being able to get on top of a situation before someone has to call the LP police is never a bad thing.

2) Coverage again; we'd like to be reasonably sure we can always respond quickly if something happens that requires a fast response, and now we have mods in multiple timezones.

3) Second opinions. Quite a few times Jordan or I have felt like doing one thing, and then discussed a bit, and then ended up agreeing on another. Hell, sometimes in the time it takes to just raise something for discussion you'll have an insight you wouldn't have got while engaging immediately or reasoning on your own (in the software business, we call this Rubber Duck Debugging). None of this is possible with only one mod!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hipster poster Shinjobi knew Blind Sally before he was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Fedule posted:

Yeah, LP is, on the whole, pretty well behaved. Sometimes we'll go weeks without a report, and then when one comes in it might not even be actionable. Sometimes, the reports come in waves, which usually means someone's posted a spoiler in a no-spoiler thread and started a cascade spoil-a-thon.

Mostly I put this down to LP threads being - despite their relatively long interest-life and post count - very specifically limited in interest and having a single person (or group) run the show. It's not like a lot of forums where any person passing by might have something to say; it's just people who are here to consume some Content™ and have a little chat, and a lot of times people will pipe down if the OP asks nicely (or just closes the thread with prejudice).

Purely by volume, LP could be moderated in any other mod's spare mod time. We could have Mega do it, he's even a Known Guy around here! But we have multiple mods anyway, because;

1) Coverage. Like I said in the rules thread, we'll never have mod eyes on more than a small fraction of ongoing threads. Not everything gets reported, and being able to get on top of a situation before someone has to call the LP police is never a bad thing.

2) Coverage again; we'd like to be reasonably sure we can always respond quickly if something happens that requires a fast response, and now we have mods in multiple timezones.

3) Second opinions. Quite a few times Jordan or I have felt like doing one thing, and then discussed a bit, and then ended up agreeing on another. Hell, sometimes in the time it takes to just raise something for discussion you'll have an insight you wouldn't have got while engaging immediately or reasoning on your own (in the software business, we call this Rubber Duck Debugging). None of this is possible with only one mod!

So what you're saying is the LP Subforum is the best Subforum?

• Locked thread