Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Problem description: After baby photos were lost I have discovered I've apparently deleted the ones on my phone. This would have happened quite a while ago.

Attempted fixes: Some swearing and blind hope I saved them to a laptop, but no luck.

Operating system: iOS 7.1.2 (as high as the OS goes)

System specs: iPhone 4s 8Gig

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. I'm under the impression computers run on some kind of magic, the only internet I have access to has a work filter on it and I am getting no results but "Buy this!!" I'm hoping there is a clever solution, I would not mind paying for these to be retrieved. Baby is no longer with us and we have very little left of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
There's a photo album on the iPhone called "Recently Deleted". Have you checked in there?

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I don't seem to have that folder, I googled that instruction and it appears to only apply to iPhone 5 upwards with Ios8

I have come across a program called "Phone rescue" which claims to be able to retrieve data as long as it hasn't been over written. Ill have a look into that, unless anyone has thoughts on it or a better one?

504 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 21, 2016

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
A quick Google says that the data on iDevices is erased immediately upon deletion, not when overwritten, so it is completely impossible to recover deleted files. Even the professional data recovery firms that recover data from destroyed drives say not to bother sending iDevices in for a quote.

• Locked thread