Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Falconry Tag because Atlanta.

Welcome to the Goldberg thread for why Goldberg is the best. Here we discuss why Goldberg is the best.

Goldberg is the best because he showed up, said he was going to kick someone's rear end in the best promo in years, did exactly what he promised to do just like he did for many awesome years, and it was somehow the most shocking thing in years because people forget a time when people could say 'i like [x] because he's awesome instead of having to make up reasons to justify liking someone'

I like Goldberg because he's awesome, and you should too.

GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Goldberg is the best because he'd rather be the 0 in 173-0 than the 1 in 21-1.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

He's OK, but he's no Kevin Nash, that's for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goldberg's last match in WWE before returning was against Brock Lesnar and he won.

Goldberg's first match back in WWE was against Brock Lesnar and he won.

The answer is obvious, Goldberg is a golem inhabited by the spirits of Polynesian men whom Brock Lesnar has defeated (Rock/Mark Hunt) looking for revenge.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

My Jewish friend has informed me that Goldberg has surpassed John Stewart as Most Important Jew. I expect his trophy will arrive shortly.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Pretty cool he's still over, I guess. Not sure who was wasted more in WWE; DDP, Steiner or Goldberg.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

Pretty cool he's still over, I guess. Not sure who was wasted more in WWE; DDP, Steiner or Goldberg.

DDP peaked at European Champion after being buried by Undertaker's wife Sara. He wins.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pGj3uqxIo

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Gold bird is a greater John Cena than John Cena

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Goldberg is cool and much stronger than brock lesnar is/ever was as events would show.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Goldberg is legitimately awesome and I hope he wins every belt including both womens titles

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

One of my fondest WCW memories is Goldberg getting interviewed by Mean Gene, who says "Goldberg, I don't think it's a question of Who's Next, but Who's Left," to which Goldberg immediately replies, "no, it ain't Who's Left, it's Who's Next?"

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

http://billgoldbergsux.tripod.com/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
can't believe bill goldberg just beat floyd mayweather so easily...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Goldberg rules because to this day he is the only guy who does a good spear. Also all that other stuff that he rules at, such as destroying everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCZMUeuZNYg

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

CarlCX posted:

One of my fondest WCW memories is Goldberg getting interviewed by Mean Gene, who says "Goldberg, I don't think it's a question of Who's Next, but Who's Left," to which Goldberg immediately replies, "no, it ain't Who's Left, it's Who's Next?"

Do you have a video of this?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I like the part where he murdered Bret Hart

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

dont even fink about it posted:

Goldberg rules because to this day he is the only guy who does a good spear. Also all that other stuff that he rules at, such as destroying everything.

God, I forgot how good that spear through the Elimination Chamber pod was.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Magic is real and goldberg is the best wrestler of all time

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rare Magic card l00k posted:

GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Goldberg is 50, hasn't wrestled in a decade, and does 2 moves, and I love it.

Meanwhile Brock can't cut a decent promo by himself and Roman can't wrestle without a vest.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goldberg didn't get You Still Got It chants because the audience knew he never lost it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope when Goldberg re-retires he gives The Big Dog Roman Reigns the Jackhammer on his way out.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The biggest babyface in all of WWE is a 50-year-old buff Jewish man who loves his son and hates bullies and I couldn't be happier. :3:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Endless Mike posted:

I hope when Goldberg re-retires he gives The Big Dog Roman Reigns the Jackhammer on his way out.
It'd help Roman a lot to have a move which isn't a running move that looks like a set-up at best.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I could go for Goldberg versus Samoa Joe / AJ / Cena

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Goldberg is the best because he said, during the run-up to this match, that maybe he had one more spear left in him, but he actually speared Brock twice. By suckering him in like that, Goldberg proved himself a thinking man's wrestler

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

dont even fink about it posted:

The one on Nunzio is so vile.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
gently caress that, ending was awesome, Goldberg is the best, I want him to win the Royal Rumble, go on to face the champ whoever that is. I'd be fine with him winning the title at Wrestlemania, retiring and being named the greatest of all time, or sweet jesus if they can work out who to beat him in the main event of wrestlemania in Goldberg's first clean loss ever.
Wrestling is loving awesome sometimes.
Goldberg is awesome.
I hope they get more out of Goldberg before he properly retires, but if this is it it was loving awesome.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

Goldberg is the best because he said, during the run-up to this match, that maybe he had one more spear left in him, but he actually speared Brock twice. By suckering him in like that, Goldberg proved himself a thinking man's wrestler

No, he was honest. He stated that he had one BADASS spear left in him. The first spear didn't have a setup, and was therefore merely good.

Goldberg is a man of his word and would never lie in front of his son.

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I hope he gives The Big Dog Roman Reigns a Jackhammer on his way out, before pinning him clean in the middle of the ring.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Match ruled, that was better than WCW even booked Goldberg in big matches. Can't believe he had to sell for Hulk Hogan's belt and test of strength even a little bit, should have pinned that orange goblin even faster than he did Brock.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm so glad they're building Goldberg to be the guy that loses to the The Guy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I marked out after that first spear and all the way through the pinfall and celebration.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Junpei Hyde posted:

No, he was honest. He stated that he had one BADASS spear left in him. The first spear didn't have a setup, and was therefore merely good.

Goldberg is a man of his word and would never lie in front of his son.

gently caress you. Both spears were badass. gently caress you

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Goldberg winning the US title is one of the greatest moments of the Monday night war

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://youtu.be/gHucO5nKAdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bradzilla posted:

I'm so glad they're building Goldberg to be the guy that loses to the The Guy

by which you mean HHH

• Locked thread