Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MinibarMatchman posted:

I could go for Goldberg versus Samoa Joe / AJ / Cena

Do you mean Goldberg versus all three men at once where he stacks them up like cordwood and pins them all because I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Goldberg vs. Regal was a killer match

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Do you have a video of this?

It's not on youtube, but if you have the network, http://network.wwe.com/video/v540756183?contextType=wwe-show&contextId=wcw_monday_nitro&contentId=163116606&watchlistAltButtonContext=series at 1:13:00.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/800683563716907008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Rusev claimed that he was starting to become immune to the spear so lets get a match where Goldberg spears him to no effect then jackhammers him so hard he blows up like a Mortal Kombat fatality.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Do you mean Goldberg versus all three men at once where he stacks them up like cordwood and pins them all because I agree

Stacked on each others' shoulders wearing a giant trenchcoat and wrestling under the name Vincent Wrestlerman

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

They work at the Wrestling Factory

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alain Post posted:

by which you mean HHH

I'd love to see a Goldberg/HHH match that went just like last night's did. Followed by Goldberg laughingly retiring.

Nobody's gonna get a rub by beating trips anyway.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
this is still my favorite wrestling entrance of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8do_wxlcq4

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/800862924231340032

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQY-r-kK9o

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If anyone wants to look cool like me and my best friend Bill Goldberg, here is the jacket he and I have.

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/outerwear/burr-jacket/

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Goldberg starred in a movie where he played an evil Santa Claus that set Fran Dreschers head on fire.

This makes him cooler than you will ever be.

Oh, he also wrestled a little a while back.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
whups. wrong thread.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I watched Goldberg's first two televised matches last night, and if I recall, he did the following spots in them:

- Rolling kneebar takedown
- Backflip for no reason
- Running crossbody
- Dropkick
- Diving shoulder block
- Weird flying bodyscissors takedown

By the time he took on Wrath in his third Nitro match, he was settled into the super-fast spear and jackhammer squash routine, but it was pretty surreal seeing him bust out some... not necessarily cruiserweight spots, but definitely less of a singularly focused big man style

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jenny Angel posted:

I watched Goldberg's first two televised matches last night, and if I recall, he did the following spots in them:

- Rolling kneebar takedown
- Backflip for no reason
- Running crossbody
- Dropkick
- Diving shoulder block
- Weird flying bodyscissors takedown

By the time he took on Wrath in his third Nitro match, he was settled into the super-fast spear and jackhammer squash routine, but it was pretty surreal seeing him bust out some... not necessarily cruiserweight spots, but definitely less of a singularly focused big man style

Yeah, for a while part of his early gimmick was busting out a new "technical move" every week or so and the announcers selling it as OH poo poo THE MONSTER CAN LEARN :aaaaa:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, for a while part of his early gimmick was busting out a new "technical move" every week or so and the announcers selling it as OH poo poo THE MONSTER CAN LEARN :aaaaa:

Like I said earlier, Goldberg vs. Regal was a killer match

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Goldberg screwed Bret

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The kneebar thing is still a stock part of his moveset in every video game for some reason.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You can kinda pinpoint when Nash and Co. got in his ear.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

You can kinda pinpoint when Nash and Co. got in his ear.

and it coincides with when his popularity started skyrocketing. always trust big sexy

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Gaz-L posted:

The kneebar thing is still a stock part of his moveset in every video game for some reason.

I think it's because movesets in at least WWE 2K games are absurdly large, so when you've got dozens more slots to fill and you get to the standing submission slot you're just like "He did a rolling kneebar takedown once? Awesome, throw it in"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I think one of the recent ones did actually do Big Sexy justice on his moveset

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

Goldberg starred in a movie where he played an evil Santa Claus that set Fran Dreschers head on fire.

This makes him cooler than you will ever be.

Oh, he also wrestled a little a while back.

I loved the gently caress out of Santa's Slay

The fate of the world comes down to a curling match

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That match loving ruled and I distinctly remember when Goldberg did that somersault just being absolutely blown away. I think I recall Schiavone saying,"...you know, I think Goldberg is capable of a hell of a lot more than we've seen from him so far."

Great loving match.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Jerusalem posted:

That match loving ruled and I distinctly remember when Goldberg did that somersault just being absolutely blown away. I think I recall Schiavone saying,"...you know, I think Goldberg is capable of a hell of a lot more than we've seen from him so far."

Great loving match.

I watched all the Halloween Havocs during October and I was lucky enough to have seen this match fresh. I rewatch it pretty much weekly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think you'll find that it sucked because DDP is a loser who can't call a match in the ring so no match he had could possibly be good.

:goonsay:

(In case the goonsay wasn't clear enough, I'm joking, I like DDP a lot and was real sad when he retired just as he'd started to recover from the damage the Invasion did)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 23, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I used to get drunk and paint up for Georgia football games in college, and one time in like 2012 Goldberg comes over to our section drunk as gently caress and gives us high fives and keeps screaming HOW ARE YOU FUCKERS over and over again.

Goldberg rules.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

this is still my favorite wrestling entrance of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8do_wxlcq4

I'm the guy walking into a pylon at :44

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Renee Dupree sold this spear so loving well

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Goldberg vs Sid at Halloween Havoc is a surprisingly intense, cool match for what it is.

A guy named Goldberg saying he was too busy watching Goldberg crush Kevin Owens is the first time I have seen someone in the outside world mention wrestling in many years.

Also I can't believe a bunch of people who knowingly support a fascist company are mad that Goldberg is being pushed. It's just crazy I wish I could figure out what the connection is.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hate Jews and I hate Goldberg. I love Trump I kiss him every night actually.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Goldbergs not paid by the hour!

• Locked thread