Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Now I love Sushi. Publix sushi Is very good for its cheap price and nice option to just grab on the way home from work.

However

They and many other places put a big dab of wasabi inside the package with the sushi. Now wasabi is fine for the many people who like to harm themselves while eating. Its a cultural thing I get it and its great they provide a bit for those people for free.

But its often touching 3-4 pieces of my sushi so if I'm not paying attention and throw those out I hurt myself. That isn't the experience I paid for. They need to put it in different packaging.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii (cute)). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Maldoror posted:

Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii (cute)). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

There a restaurant called Bentos near where I live I think they may have something like that. Its definitely an Asian place.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Do you also not eat sushi with soy sauce? Sushi + wasabi on its own is pretty offputting but if you dilute it with soy sauce it's great.

it's all about balance, man

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
best sushi i've ever had came from a grocery store in louisville, kentucky.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
Raw fish is full of worms, people.

What I'm trying to say is don't eat raw fish you dumb bozos.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rawrr posted:

Do you also not eat sushi with soy sauce? Sushi + wasabi on its own is pretty offputting but if you dilute it with soy sauce it's great.

You're supposed to neutralize you palette with the ginger and wasabi when you go from one sushi to another. The soy sauce is like table salt, you can use it if you want. :colbert:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Maldoror posted:

good god i met the kid that loving wrote this, its been years since ive seen it. thank you.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

good god i met the kid that loving wrote this, its been years since ive seen it. thank you.

the post is still there

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=406683

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

rawrr posted:

I've used soy sauce before. A lot of condiments go good with it. I like ginger, tartar sauce, and ketchup.

Theres a lot of good variety at publix.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sorry about your tender tum tum, OP.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i like to take my chicken tendie pub sub and fill it full of sushi! EAST MEETS WEST!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
What do you mean those people? This is Trump America now, tell us how you really feel.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Weird that none of the ban reasons/rapsheets show up for those old posters.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

gently caress.... i need archives

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

we need to talk about kevin-chan

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's not wasabi, it's horseradish. We speak English on these forums mister.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i dont know what kind of hosed up sushi you are getting but they are supposed to put the weird green piece of plastic that's shaped kind of like a leaf between the wasabi and the pieces of sushi.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Do you think anyone has eaten their grocery store to-go sushi with ranch?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Hell Yeah posted:

i dont know what kind of hosed up sushi you are getting but they are supposed to put the weird green piece of plastic that's shaped kind of like a leaf between the wasabi and the pieces of sushi.

They use that but it "leaks" its juices leak underneath the green leaf and touches the sushi.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

They use that but it "leaks" its juices underneath the green leaf and touches the sushi.

that's not how wasabi is supposed to be.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TheLightPurges posted:

They use that but it "leaks" its juices underneath the green leaf and touches the sushi.

Wasabi should not have juice...

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Applewhite posted:

Wasabi should not have juice...

well its not super 'juicy' obviously but the pieces next to the green leaf and the wasabi are spicy. Theres some sort of cross contamination occurring like if it shifts over a bit or something.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TheLightPurges posted:

well its not super 'juicy' obviously but the pieces next to the green leaf and the wasabi are spicy. Theres some sort of cross contamination occurring like if it shifts over a bit or something.

This is not consistent with my sushi experience.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Publix Supermarkets: good tendie subs, subpar sushi-style horseradish condiments.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

in my experience the green thing is an effective preventer of wasabi transference and i think maybe the place you are getting sushi from which i think it a grocery store is using the wrong kind of green thing.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Applewhite posted:

This is not consistent with my sushi experience.

Maybe I'll complain to the publix manager to have the sushi guy not shake or shift the sushi packaging. Maybe its a local issue.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Actually OP, we don't need to talk about anything ever really.

Humanity peaked when people didn't talk and only just lived at one with nature.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
What kind of pussy has to throw away whole pieces of sushi because a little smear of horseradish got onto it? Jesus Christ.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

scott zoloft posted:

best sushi i've ever had came from a grocery store in louisville, kentucky.

which store

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Snatch Duster posted:

Actually OP, we don't need to talk about anything ever really.

Humanity peaked when people didn't talk and only just lived at one with nature.

I dunno I like not getting eaten by tigers and reading dank memes on the internet. Plus enjoying food from all over the world (without subpar condiments like wasabi).

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i just get all my sushie and mash it together in a big ball and eat it like an apple

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i just get all my sushie and mash it together in a big ball and eat it like an apple

Sometimes I'll unwrap it and only eat the rice and cucumbery stuff if I'm feeling vegetarian that day.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

TheLightPurges posted:

Sometimes I'll unwrap it and only eat the rice and cucumbery stuff if I'm feeling vegetarian that day.

deconstructed sushi! :yum:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

That's just a badly made rice ball

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FedEx Mercury posted:

That's just a badly made rice ball

you dont know that for sure you havent seen it,

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

you dont know that for sure you havent seen it,

I am actually very sure that I haven't seen it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

FedEx Mercury posted:

I am actually very sure that I haven't seen it.

exactly

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Do you think anyone has eaten their grocery store to-go sushi with ranch?

I live in the south (again, unfortunately). The commissary on base literally uses ranch instead of mayo for toppings on some of their pre-packed rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I live in the south (again, unfortunately). The commissary on base literally uses ranch instead of mayo for toppings on some of their pre-packed rolls.

Gross. You live in the South??

• Locked thread