Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Problem description: Computer won't S3 sleep or wake from S1 sleep. If S3 sleep:
I click sleep and it instantly wakes up again (or it does the same thing while I'm away), back on the Windows login screen. powercfg -lastwake returns nothing--recent wakes 1, but wake sources 0.

If S1 sleep:
it will sleep, but when I wake it up the screen never comes back. The other devices in the case seem to behave normally (vidcard/CPU spin up, HDD spin up, optical spin up). I have to use the reset button or PSU power switch or long power button hold.

Attempted fixes: Everything I can find on Google. Right now I have no devices allowed to wake the PC (powercfg -devicequery wake_armed returns NONE), wake timers turned off, switched from DisplayPort to HDMI, no USB devices plugged in except KB and mouse.

Also tried:
-enabling S3 video repost in BIOS,
-enabling PCIe power state management
-pure default BIOS settings
-disabling all Windows scheduled tasks that would wake the PC
-different mice
-different KBs

Recent changes: Reinstalled Win10 Pro in an effort to fix this problem. Nothing else I can discern. I once had Ubuntu installed but there is no partition for it anymore, so I can't change the active partition state
--

Operating system: Win10 Pro

System specs: Haswell i5-4670k @ 4GHz, 16GB DDR3 running at specified voltage/speed, Biostar Z97 Hi-Fi WE mobo, GTX980, Intel 480GB SSD w/latest FW, 3TB WD HDD, Dell U2715 monitor, Logitech g900 mouse, mech keyboard that reports as three devices in Device Manager (but all are set to not be allowed to wake the PC)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: hell yeah bithc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Do you have the latest motherboard BIOS? If not I'd start with updating the BIOS.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Pretty sure yes, as the latest BIOS is dated June 2015. But I will double check when I get home from work.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Well, it turned out I didn't have the latest BIOS, but updating it didn't help. After updating, still seeing the same problem with S3 sleep at least. (Haven't tried S1)

• Locked thread