Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Random topic: supposedly these are the current Vegas odds for NFL MVP.

Tom Brady (NE) +275 - If they can get over his missing the first 4 games then sure I guess
Russell Wilson (SEA) +350 - Wilson is objectively having the worst season of his career and the Seahawks don't have a great record at the moment
Ezekiel Elliott (DAL) +450 - A rookie RB is not getting the MVP, AP had to get over 2,000 yards at 6.0 yards per attempt (!!!) to win it in 2012 and Zeke isn't on pace for that
Matt Ryan (ATL) +600 - His stats justify it but Atlanta's record might not be good enough
Derek Carr (OAK) +900 - Monster stats + great record, seems like this should be much higher
Dak Prescott (DAL) +1400 - I like him a lot but LOL nope
Matthew Stafford (DET) +1600 - Has neither the best stats nor a 9-10 win team
Drew Brees (NO) +3300 - Team will be too lovely for him to earn it no matter what how much compiling he does, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

49ers remaining schedule: Bears, Jets, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks
Browns remaining schedule: Bengals, Bills, Chargers, Steelers

If the Browns win one of those, and the 49ers lose all of those, despite having the same record due to SOS 49ers would get the first pick

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chris James 2 posted:

If the Browns win

Annnnnnd you lost me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol that Kaep is good again and now Wilson stinks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Annnnnnd you lost me

If they lose to the Bengals I'm convinced they go the distance. This is the worst I've seen the Bengals look in the Dalton/Lewis era

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Browns are not going to beat the Bengals or any team ever again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If they lose to the Bengals I'm convinced they go the distance. This is the worst I've seen the Bengals look in the Dalton/Lewis era

Their only other hope is that the Steelers have absolutely nothing to play for in Week 17 and play their B C D team.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's unlikely the Steelers are playing for nothing in week 17 though since they're currently tied with the Ravens

The Ravens probably have a slightly harder remaining schedule too so the Steelers could be playing the Browns to lock up the division

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Bears Niners is so very important. I'll probably watch a full Bears game for the first time in a month. Cheering for bad football is always fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

Play with some freaking pride, Jets defenders.

https://twitter.com/DanHanzus/status/802992960392597512

This is loving stomach turning. Why are they even out there playing? To get his autograph? I think I was more angry watching this play than I have been through this entire clusterfuck of a season. This play makes me want Bowles fired.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sending Brady out to lead block on a sweep is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. It's even worse than that "trick" punt the Colts pulled because at least you're not putting Luck in a position to get killed (though they do that every play I guess)

Brady should have been completely blown up on that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Tbh your season is over, just lay the wood on Brady and take the 15 yards

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

Tbh your season is over, just lay the wood on Brady and take the 15 yards

There shouldn't even be a penalty for laying him out, he's a blocker

Course, it's Brady so it'd be a lifetime ban

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Intruder posted:

There shouldn't even be a penalty for laying him out, he's a blocker

Course, it's Brady so it'd be a lifetime ban

Only a loser team that doesn't give a poo poo and is going through the motions doesn't hit him there. It's embarrassing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

fishing with the fam posted:

Bears Niners is so very important. I'll probably watch a full Bears game for the first time in a month. Cheering for bad football is always fun.

Oh man I forgot which season it is from.. Remember the game where the wind was blowing so hard nobody could throw and both teams just ran all day.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Intruder posted:

Sending Brady out to lead block on a sweep is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. It's even worse than that "trick" punt the Colts pulled because at least you're not putting Luck in a position to get killed (though they do that every play I guess)

Brady should have been completely blown up on that

iirc it was a blown play, they ran to the opposite side, but the rb had nothing and flipped fields. Brady just ran out in front becaus he wanted to

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
First - that's Brady not Newton
Second - We have zero run game with this OL

We're starting Sam Young. He's our third string LT. Second string LG Urbik. Second string Center.

We're getting thrown off the line immediately. It's finally becoming clear to the average idiot dolphins fans that yes, OL matters, and yes, we need quality healthy starters... so let's make sure we have em

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans have released CB Parrish Cox

:slick: :slick: :slick:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

49ers remaining schedule: Bears, Jets, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks
Browns remaining schedule: Bengals, Bills, Chargers, Steelers

If the Browns win one of those, and the 49ers lose all of those, despite having the same record due to SOS 49ers would get the first pick

Sadly, I think the Niners have been better than our record, especially recently, and with games against the Bears, Jets, and Rams coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up at 3-13.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Congrats Titans on no longer employing a piece of poo poo rapist :toot:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Congrats Titans on no longer employing a piece of poo poo rapist :toot:

They still have a piece of poo poo who threatens to rape his buddy's rape victim if she doesn't shut her drat mouth though

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Amy Pole Her posted:

We're starting Sam Young.

:stare: oh drat

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

They still have a piece of poo poo who threatens to rape his buddy's rape victim if she doesn't shut her drat mouth though

Word. Lewan is a scumbag of the highest order.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

baby steps

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/SBNationNFL/status/803292878655160320

RG3 must've broken a shitload of mirrors as a kid or something, because Jesus :stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People were giving him and his girlfriend poo poo for leaving their wallets in the car, even though it was the players lot so they really shouldn't have to worry about it

e: As stated in the article, which I didn't click until after I posted :v:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Huh. Wasn't expecting that mid-season. Who is the replacement?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans promote CB Kalan Reed, Mr. Irrelevant for 2016 to the active roster to replace Cox. Surprised to see him released because all our CBs are terrible, but he has been especially bad. Has most yards given up by a CB in the entire league (750) and is tied for missed tackles.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/803260083731910656

How is it possible to be worse than David fuckin Shula? :laffo:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Remember before the season when the Jaguars looked really dangerous and were going to contend for the division?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Remember when you said the Texans didn't have a loseable game left on the schedule?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
KC@HOU has a decent chance of happening in the postseason, and will be the FOURTH time KC travels to Houston within a calendar year

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope the Texans come to Nashville at the end of the season with the AFC South title and a playoff birth in the balance, that would be fun times

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Titans promote CB Kalan Reed, Mr. Irrelevant for 2016 to the active roster to replace Cox. Surprised to see him released because all our CBs are terrible, but he has been especially bad. Has most yards given up by a CB in the entire league (750) and is tied for missed tackles.

I'm very much in favor of this move

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Gynecolojustice posted:

KC@HOU has a decent chance of happening in the postseason, and will be the FOURTH time KC travels to Houston within a calendar year

How are you getting 4? The only way I see that happening is:

1. Meet in the playoffs
2. Same stadium hosts the Super Bowl
3. Regular season matchup before the year rolls around
And either a preseason game (occurs between #2 and #3) or divisional game that occurs in Week 17 (occurs before #1)

I count only the regular season and playoffs games. Another playoff game would be in the next calendar year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

whypick1 posted:

How are you getting 4? The only way I see that happening is:

1. Meet in the playoffs
2. Same stadium hosts the Super Bowl
3. Regular season matchup before the year rolls around
And either a preseason game (occurs between #2 and #3) or divisional game that occurs in Week 17 (occurs before #1)

I count only the regular season and playoffs games. Another playoff game would be in the next calendar year.

9/13/2015
1/09/2016
9/18/2016
Possible playoff game in early January 2016

So yeah not in a calendar year, still an odd trend

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions sign Logan Thomas to their practice squad as a tight end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

logan thomas, first day of tight end practice: ok coach let's practice the wildcat

• Locked thread