Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
With newt gingrich being a big trump supporter is he going to make nasa great again? Is its budget going to get expanded or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

how else are they going to make trump hotels the first interplanetary hotel chain

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

nasa will become a useless husk of its former self because newt wants private space travel, not government space travel

the moon will be ruled by china

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My expectation is that if any budget increases are added it will mostly be in manned missions. The science side which is all I really care about career-wise will probably either stay the same or get cut like it always does.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My expectation is that if any budget increases are added it will mostly be in manned missions. The science side which is all I really care about career-wise will probably either stay the same or get cut like it always does.

By 'cut like it always does' you mean eliminated entirely right
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/22/nasa-earth-donald-trump-eliminate-climate-change-research

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SpaceGoku posted:

good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

china already pollutes this planet enough we shouldn't let them do it elsewhere

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

china sucks buddy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
best case scenario: trump nasa sends newt to the moon, neglects to figure out how to give it back, sends him supplies every year until they run out of funding for the newtstronaut program, his last days are cold and lonely

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Al! posted:

best case scenario: trump nasa sends newt to the moon, neglects to figure out how to give it back, sends him supplies every year until they run out of funding for the newtstronaut program, his last days are cold and lonely

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell Camilla I love her very much

she knows!

Ground Control to Moon Commander Newt
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Moon Commander Newt?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

china sucks buddy

actually this is good

http://aqicn.org/city/beijing/jingnanyufa/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell Camilla I love her very much*

she knows!

Ground Control to Moon Commander Newt
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong

* unless she develops cancer

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Caring about space travel is the whitest poo poo

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

But if NASA hadn't invented Velcro then we'd be without Yeezys!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

its gonna be cool when trump turns america back into a polluted shithole like china

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

zegermans posted:

Caring about space travel is the whitest poo poo

Every dollar spent on NASA has a larger positive economic impact than any spent on tax breaks.

So yeah it's pretty white but not the whitest.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Al! posted:

* unless she develops cancer

In that case

Tell this moose I love her very much

And this lion cub

And this lion adult

And this seal

And this sloth

And this RINO

And this hawk

And this monkey

And this turtle

No, not that turtle, THIS turtle

And whatever the gently caress this thing is

I, Newt Gingrich, love them all

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

And this lion adult

.... you know that's a tiger right?

Also the other thing is a bearcat, aka a binturong

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

yeah it turns out that when the manufacturing center for billions of consumers relies on fossil fuels pollution happens. yet this is treated like some incredible gotcha by idiots itf

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

yeah it turns out that when the manufacturing center for billions of consumers relies on fossil fuels pollution happens. yet this is treated like some incredible gotcha by idiots itf

gently caress off homework explainer

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jose posted:

gently caress off homework explainer

eat poo poo moron

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
http://www.trumpmoon.com/

It could happen!!!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

It's amazing that the person who apparentloy built this angelfire website in '98 predicted Trump's presidency ~20 yrs before it happened

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

In that case

Tell this moose I love her very much

And this lion cub

And this lion adult

And this seal

And this sloth

And this RINO

And this hawk

And this monkey

And this turtle

No, not that turtle, THIS turtle

And whatever the gently caress this thing is

I, Newt Gingrich, love them all

have my personal effects buried under the arbeit macht frei sign, says newt, battery at 5%

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIo6qwJarI

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
space is our only choice

we gotta get off earth

we are the parents of a dead earth

our generation is gonna be loled at for eternity haha

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL9HOvdA4q0

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sure the rich people can get off earth ,but in a generation the children of the rich will be th e scum of space so it all evens out god has one hell of a dry sense of humor

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I want everyone to imagine Trump trying to deliver a speech about discovering Planet nine.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Dude: a few months ago, on the anniversary of the moon landing, I was running late for my History of Christianity final. I-5 was backed up for miles, and I was about to not graduate and ruin my life. Then KEXP played this song as part of their Apollo celebration. I'd never heard it before. There was something about it filled me with incredible courage. I swerved into the carpool lane and illegally blasted down the interstate while the voices of NASA mission control urged me on. Made it with 10 minutes to spare.

Pretty good track is all I'm sayin

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

nasa will become a useless husk of its former self because newt wants private space travel, not government space travel

lmao they will have the first people sucked up to death by space escalators

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

That isn't Mitt Romney

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
nobody alive today will live to see the colonization of any other planet, moon, or asteroid

go put up a self-sufficient colony in the sahara desert, or the antarctic, and have it just survive for ten years without being sent more supplies, and then start making plans

and these are places you can drive any number of trucks into, also there's air you can breathe

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Duscat posted:

nobody alive today will live to see the colonization of any other planet, moon, or asteroid

Well not with that attitude!!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

:3:

the cheeto bandito should tap Newt to head Fish and Wildlife Services, or maybe the Smithsonian could poach him for the National Zoo

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

lmao they will have the first people sucked up to death by space escalators

I feel like those should be american bones and guts sprayed out into a perpetual orbit-grave

not chinese bones and guts

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Duscat posted:

:3:

the cheeto bandito should tap Newt to head Fish and Wildlife Services, or maybe the Smithsonian could poach him for the National Zoo

Newt's unrelenting love for animals is the most humanizing thing about any politician ever.

I mean, he's still an evil lizard from space, but he's an evil lizard I'd like to grab a beer and go to the zoo with, you know?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
SPACE
if that cuck king elon musk gets my rear end to mars to die screaming and rolling on the marsian surface he will no longer be the cuck king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

SPACE
if that cuck king elon musk gets my rear end to mars to die screaming and rolling on the marsian surface he will no longer be the cuck king

:agreed: Baloogan, :agreed:

• Locked thread