Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

My favorite Instagram account of all time is @NASA

Not because of the images they post, but because of the comments.

The comment section on every one of their pictures looks like this:

There is no government agency hardcore conspiracy nuts hate more than nasa, due to the massive role NASA plays in covering up the greatest secret of our time: the true shape of our Earth.

please give me more flat earthers being mad at nasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i figure id chat with iBaloogan, lay down some ground rules, divide assets, make sure it was a good transfer

uh oh, iBaloogan now identifies as a USSR communist

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

You have a misapprehension regarding our view of NASA. NASA is not evil,in and of itself, anymore than MI6 or the American NSA. They are secret because :the truth:, as Churchill said, i"s so precious it must be protected by a bodyguard of lies."

So what is NASA, ESA, ROSCoSmos and CNSA doing? They are protecting the populations to keep people and objects and falling off the edge. Secondarily, I believe that they are conducting experiments in the Celestial Sphere- which are very concerning. What might these be:

1)Attempting to tap Sol's energy for use on earth.
2)Attempting to mine Luna for precious metals
3)Attempting to breach the firmament to explore what is on the other side, the "unknown unknown"

Why is this concerning
The terrestrial plane, the celestial sphere, the aetheric concentration and whirlpool, the movement of the celestial objects are all together a very delicate mechanism. Tampering with these could have catastrophic results, regardless of the good intention of these actions.

The firmament is the very dense portion of Aether most distal to the terrestrial plane. It acts as a massive protective barrier as the Flat Earth Mechanism accelerates through space. My theory is the objects in the firmament (stars etc) have been "trapped", that is the outer edges of the celestial sphere have captured these objects preventing from colliding with the delicate mechanism of the Flat Earth Mechanism. Breaching the firmament could weaken or destroy this barrier.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

incredible

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Despite you post you must agree with my conclusions, or at least with the general conclusion.

If the World is Flat the NASA must be lying. If NASA is lying what are they lying about and what is the nature of NASA.
A few options regarding the nature of NASA:
Either NASA is a supra body controlled by an evil Cabal bent on world control and all democracies (or any government) is mere puppets of the Cabal
or
Democracy is real, which means NASA is not evil, but has a mission in line with the goal of Governments (or supposed goal)- which is to promote the general welfare and protect its people.

Given the latter option we can see that NASA is not evil but has a mission. If that mission, as would be self evident, is to protect its people and promote the general welfare then what better way to do so than to keep it a secret to
a) prevent people and objects from falling off the earth
b) To prevent unauthorized tampering with the celestial and terrestrial mechanisms
c) to perform experiments to solve our energy crisis and dependence on fossil fuel and
d) to learn what lies outside the celestial sphere (the unknown unknown).

This is most logical conclusion given the assumption that the Earth is flat and there is no evil cabal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

This is the reason that Flat Earth is so attractive to people.

It restores geocentrism. The entirety of existence revolves around us. In that universe, it would make a lot more sense for humans to be some kind of special being inhabited by an interior invisible light, instead of just another animal that happens to have a large and incredibly complex brain thanks to sexual selection.

That's why NASA and the other space agencies end up getting cast as lucifers and harbingers of end times prophecies. The blending of pseudoscience conspiracies and ancient religious dogma in the youtube age is just incredible.

that and they're real fuckin' dumb

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

earth is actually irl roundish / spericalish / looks like a ball IRL

what if earth was frisbee shaped

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

we are living in a simulated alternate history experiment, in the real world spartacus's rebellion was successful and in the absence of slave labor the romans instead turned to wage labor and industrialized by the 300s and developed full roman space communism on mars by the 1600s

i read it in a book it's probably maybe true

"now that we are on mars can we stop wearing togas"

"no"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think you guys are taking the obvious "FAKE!" meme posts a little too seriously

it would be pretty comforting if they were actually fake

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

id like to rot in the ground on mars, or rot in the ground on earth. with all my organs k thx.

someone has to maintain Waste Planetoid X19, so welcome to shitworld

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FabioClone posted:

I wanted to contribute to the space program, but the best I could do was to be the guy who pumps the fuel. Not even for the rockets, but for their trucks and stuff. And to be honest, I wouldn't even be as good at it as the guy who's currently pumping the gas, so the best thing I can do for the space program is to stay far away from it.

This goes for all of you as well. Just by walking into NASA, you're significantly lowering the collective IQ of the organization, which makes it harder to get things done. Keep your distance.

i always figured it was the funding of 5 dollars and some shiny beads that was doing it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

consciousness is an illusion and you have no reason to think you are who you think you are

then how am i thinking, idiot

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

your loving stupid dude to not realize we're full of bateria!!!!!! and the daytime summer temperatures on mars get up to like normal human temperatures, and some bateria love low oxygen enviroments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loving idiot you will never get to mars

lol like any bacteria could defeat the powerful mars AIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

of course not, viruses are parasites totally dependent on the metabolism of others. what life that could eke out an existence would be fragile and fragmentary, a weak sun, biting cold, no liquid mediums for chemical rxns

do not hedge your bets on building a new biosphere on mars. preserve our fragile spaceship earth while we can

that's why it's mars aids and not normal aids

man you're really not on the ball today

• Locked thread