Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

nasa will become a useless husk of its former self because newt wants private space travel, not government space travel

the moon will be ruled by china

lmao they will have the first people sucked up to death by space escalators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

what if when you dowloaded your consciousness the "physical" you died instantly? An immortal digitized copy of yourself is made, but from the perspective of the "you" that pressed the download button, it's an instant cut-to-black. The end. Would you still do it? (same deal with teleportation, ala The Prestige).

only a loser would do this. the hells the point if im dead

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Baloogan posted:

i think the point is you kinda ascend to a higher plane, is all that you are your consciousness? whos to say that its you every time you wake up in the morning?
me. i say im me.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Baloogan posted:

how can u be sure? what evidence do u have that ur the same u every morning?

this is retarded. what evidence do i have that im not some autistic kids dream?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Baloogan posted:

excuuuuuuuse me i thought u had wanted like discussion or something instead of just making GBS threads on a neat sci fi concept and high tailing it outta hear jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus christ

fine, ill give you an answer. its the same drat ship. when it was created it was given a name and brought into this world as a whole. no amount of replacement will change that

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

i am me until i am given 100% proof that i am not me. then i am a clone of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Jose posted:

if i die i'll be dead so won't give a poo poo so people can laugh at my dick or whatever while they carve me up to make my corpse be useful instead of just rotting in the ground

if you dont get a coffin and dont pump yourself full of formaldehyde your corpse is very useful underground

• Locked thread