Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I want everyone to imagine Trump trying to deliver a speech about discovering Planet nine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mars is a garbage rust planet op.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Concordat posted:

I wanna build a big ramp and run spaceships down it using maglev at mach 1 and fire it into space from the top of a mountain.

gently caress space elevators, hit the biggest ramp, fifty.

This was gonna be a thing but then NASA forgot about it and wandered off to try and build another space plane.
The 90's were pretty weird in space.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I bet you could you get Trump to support building one if you let him put his name on it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

i loving hope space travel is affordable in my life time

How are you defining 'affordable'?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Baloogan posted:

musk said 100k to mars

Let me restate the position I have taken over the past year of 'gently caress mars'

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Let me remind everyone that one of the probable implications of current exoplanet research is that super earth's are good and strong places for life to exist. Earth and (probably Venus) are comparatively garbage planets for life and the sun is probably on the high end for life bearing stars. So in a way we are special but just in the way we wanted...

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Baloogan posted:

how can u be sure? what evidence do u have that ur the same u every morning?

:weed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rudatron posted:

also heat is going to be a massive big problem, especially with stuff like foundaries and industry

space is cold but a perfect insulator, which is why even the iss, needs those little white things sticking out the side - those are radiators

dawg

http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/basicdesign.php#radiators

• Locked thread