Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

i know. but i want to experience 0g

You can always crawl into a cardboard box and ask somebody to toss you off a bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You wouldn't rot on Mars.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Maduo posted:

Normal rear end earth air floats in the venusian atmosphere, so we just need a steel balloon full of that and we're good. We could probably figure a way out to make cloud cities here too but we don't really need them. Compared to mars venus is way easier to live on, but nothings ever gonna beat living on earth.

Although I guess the biggest problem with venus as a colony is we don't really 'get' anything from it other than living space. Except for what we skim from the clouds, all the resources are on the surface and we haven't made anything that survives THAT for more than a couple of minutes.

edit: also all those things rudatron said. Some of those are probably easier to overcome than they sound but eventually you either have to deal with getting to the surface or getting to space.

You seem to be awfully glib about the fact the atmosphere is saturated with sulphuric acid, which seems like something to account for when talking about the ease of maintaining a colony.

• Locked thread