Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Hey it's thanksgiving and everyone's about to either have their homes invaded by family or be those invaders.
This year I've got a few people from the Great White North to host...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jm4LoOaAWI&t=73s

...I figure It's a great time for fancy beverages so after a little research for inspiration I've decided to pander to them with a whisky sour variation using whisky from Alberta and maple syrup from Quebec.
Maybe it'll make them feel a little at home.

after a test run that I thoroughly enjoyed, I thought I'd post it up for any liquor loving goons who might want to give it a try.

you need
  • one lemon
  • rye whisky
  • maple syrup
  • rosemary

juice the lemon, add 1.5 ounces to your shaker

add 3 ounces rye whisky to your shaker
I'm using Alberta Rye, this is the first time I've tried it but it seemed appropriate for the theme

then add .75 ounces maple syrup. the real stuff 100% pure from Canada not that "maple flavored" stuff

now for the fun, get a sprig of rosemary and an open flame

make sure the rosemary is tall enough to sit above the liquid in your shaker
light up the end of the rosemary and when it's smoldering well, drop it in the shaker and seal it up

let it sit and smoke for one minute

add ice to the shaker, shake vigorously, and strain over ice
add a rosemary garnish and lemon twist (I forgot the twist)

enjoy and repeat as needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread