Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HllJCZPrAEw

There is also hunting deer using United States civil war howitzer cannons!

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

What other methods of hunting animals can you goons think of? I'm certain there are plenty more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Get those guys a better camera.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Legalize recreational mortar hunting, imo.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nice work team

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
3. Tell everyone in your hunting party to STAY AWAY from you, ... until 1/2 hour "after" they hear a really BIG BOOM. Or, better yet, hunt alone when using a Mountain Howitzer.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

EorayMel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HllJCZPrAEw

There is also hunting deer using United States civil war howitzer cannons!

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

What other methods of hunting animals can you goons think of? I'm certain there are plenty more!

owns

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
8. Now, "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA UNTIL THE SMOKE HAS CLEARED" ( You have just created a smoke cloud that is likely visible from the moon. It may take up to 30 minutes for the smoke to dissipate depending on the particular area and wind conditions ) Move away from the howitzer by one-half mile. ( or more ) Sit down and eat your lunch. Keep an eye on the area from a distance, making sure there are no nosey hunters that wander over to see what all the noise ( and smoke ) was about. In the unlikely event that a crowd of unknown hunters should wander over, play dumb, talk with your mouth full, drool, and entice them away from the area of the howitzer. If they comment about the "smell of rotten eggs" ( the sulfur form the 1/2 pound of black powder you just ignited ) tell them you ate a lot of hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and you have gas. If they should discover the Mountain Howitzer Cannon, "tell them that they are trespassing on private land", and threaten to call the Sheriff if they don't leave at once.

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
I had a friend f.o.b. from Saudi Arabia and he said he could kill a man by snapping his neck like an animal. He just didn't care.

He was also a notorious drunk driver and missing several teeth. Layovers in Middle Eastern airports lead me to believe that most of them are even meaner than he was.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet his dad was a navy seal too

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
No. He said his father was big into computers and made some money that way. I met his cousins and I think they were mocking his associating with me in Arabic.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
However, one word of caution on bait containers. I would suggest using unbreakable bowls made of tin or paper since you don't want to smash your wife's good soup bowls from random Mortar hits

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do you think they were calling you a dumb whitey while they were loving you in the rear end

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
3. Unlike Deer hunting with a cannon, Mortar hunting is somewhat of a spectator sport and can be enjoyed by several people or a small group of people at the same time. Since you are quite distant from the target area, you won't even have to whisper. You will find Mortar Hunting to be very relaxing. Everyone can take turns keeping an eye on the target area with binoculars. Then, when a Feral Cat is lured into the target area, everyone grabs their binoculars and watches. Now you alert the Mortar Captain that it's time to shoot. There is no real rush since the bait will usually holds the target cat for quite some time. The relaxing sport of Mortar hunting for Feral Cats is actually a lot like fishing; bait and wait.

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016

Blast of Confetti posted:

do you think they were calling you a dumb whitey while they were loving you in the rear end

I didn't know what their proclivities were and didn't care to. I was there for the free weed.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
10. In unlikely event that you have "no luck what-so-ever" and you find yourself hitting a Feral cat with you Mortar at the very same time as Uniformed People show up, KEEP COOL . There is still a chance that the Warden ( or whatever ) will hate cats. Statistically, Over 60% of people in general hate cats, so the odds are in your favor. There is also a chance that he or she might have a sense of humor. To probe this, explain that ... " there you were ... minding your own business ... shooting your Coehorn Mortar at pans filled with milk ... when, wouldn't you know it, a really stupid cat wandered right into your target area." Explain that ... " Darwin's Law must have put that cat's head right under the cannon ball in order to remove him from the feline gene pool." If after all this, you are still in trouble, remember there is always a 60/40 chance that the Judge will also hate cats. The Judge might even have a sense of humor when he exclaims to the Game Warden, .............. "You telling me he intentionally hit a Cat with a Cannon ball at 400 yards?"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I found a method at least one goon will approve of.

:nws: gore, blood, other stuffs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ9fOn51Vs

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

10. In unlikely event that you have "no luck what-so-ever" and you find yourself hitting a Feral cat with you Mortar at the very same time as Uniformed People show up, KEEP COOL . There is still a chance that the Warden ( or whatever ) will hate cats. Statistically, Over 60% of people in general hate cats, so the odds are in your favor. There is also a chance that he or she might have a sense of humor. To probe this, explain that ... " there you were ... minding your own business ... shooting your Coehorn Mortar at pans filled with milk ... when, wouldn't you know it, a really stupid cat wandered right into your target area." Explain that ... " Darwin's Law must have put that cat's head right under the cannon ball in order to remove him from the feline gene pool." If after all this, you are still in trouble, remember there is always a 60/40 chance that the Judge will also hate cats. The Judge might even have a sense of humor when he exclaims to the Game Warden, .............. "You telling me he intentionally hit a Cat with a Cannon ball at 400 yards?"

:patriot:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

with only a toyota hilux you can hunt the deadliest prey... sectarian militiaman!

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

EorayMel posted:

I found a method at least one goon will approve of.

:nws: gore, blood, other stuffs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJ9fOn51Vs

That could not have loving went better.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
I like to get myself a wolf rod (fifteen footer) and some 30-40 lb test line. Get yourself a hare (if live bait is allowed in your state) and rig that sucker up with a basejump style harness with muskie treble hooks on the four quarters and backside.

Then you want to cast about two three hundred feet into the woods on a moonlit night. The hare should land fine (they have a nonlethal terminal velocity, so try to aim more up than lateral as you cast). Slowly let out slack. When you get a bite, that's when it's time to set the hook. Give the pole a good yank and then let the wolf take out some drag. You want to tire it out, not land it as fast as possible.

Once it's all tuckered, you can slowly bring in the line as you approach. You're going to want a custom 2-foot dehooker because some of those barbs get lodged halfway down their throat and you do NOT want your hands anywhere near that tooth tornado. Once he's free of the hooks, gently place him on the ground and walk him back and forth, like you're revving a wind up Hot Wheels car. This is to get his blood flowing again cause he's in shock.

All goes well, he'll take off like a bat outta hell.

One thing to watch for is if he winds your line around a tree during the battle. The line can usually handle one maybe two wraps (depends on the bark style). Anything more than that and it's the wolf's game now.

Happy hunting.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Deer are dumb as hell. They will run away from a train in a straight line down the track for miles when all they had to do was go a little left or a little right at any point. In nature they are faster over distances than anything else so this has been bred into them, and their tiny brains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KK
Dec 26, 2016

by Lowtax
IM RETARDED IDIOT 'DARE' FROM TRIBALWARS

• Locked thread