Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So, you may have heard about a recent, small US election that may have gone in a less than ideal direction. In fact, you may have read news headlines about a bunch of silly Americans threatening to move to Canada, which is a country that obviously loves having a bunch of extra mouths to feed suddenly. Alternatively, you might have heard about a couple of refugees who've just turn up on more than a few doorsteps unannounced and who are definitely not becoming the victims of mass hysteria.

Yes, it seems like half of everybody is looking for safety and sanity outside their borders; and this is a thread where we all come to the tear-soaked conclusion that the whole world is, in fact, doomed less than eager to have anyone who isn't super-privileged, talented or educated burdening their economies.

Here's a picture of the Myra Rock Tombs, to make this post more visually interesting

My current pipe dreams possible destinations include:

Argentina; because it's just chock full of pretty people
Germany; One of the last, shining beacons of liberal democracy
Iceland; Because I've got a surprising number of friends there.
Greenland; because I feel like Global Warming is really gonna make it a premier summer getaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
As more useful data shows up, it'll be put here for better use to the thread

Choosing Destinations

Xibanya posted:

For those looking for a place to chill outside the US for awhile, I also suggest Spain :spain: it has a nice combination of European standards of living and cheap healthcare even (as someone who'd overstayed a visa I was still able to get insurance for about 30€/month) combined with that wonderful Southern European tradition of officials not actually giving any fucks (it's super easy to get in and out on an overstayed visa.) additionally you can make bank in the major cities by giving private English classes, 20€/hour or more. My last year in Madrid I was earning 1,500€/month tax-free for 20 hours of work per week.

However, know that if America is truly turbofucked, you won't be able to escape that no matter how far you run.

Getting There
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Thread: A very well made thread that can help you qualify to at least get out of the country for a couple years.
How to get EU Citizenship, by Country; Thanks freebooter!
Skilled Occupations List for Australian states. Thanks Helith!

Living There

Other Useful Stuff
US Department of State Human Rights Reports: Organized by region and country. Can be good for vetting some of the less well-known countries that don't have a huge media presence.

Veyrall fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 28, 2016

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
Megacorps are truly the way of the future.

:negative:

Also, added your link, Freebooter

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this

Helith posted:

Here you go, it's the skilled occupations list or see if a particular state needs your trade / skills and will sponsor you.
Added to second post. Thanks Helith!

• Locked thread