Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Anything you'd be running from here is already a problem in the world at large, i.e. anti-globalist and nationalist trends. What little world travel I did, despite going through the effort to learn the language and culture of where I traveled to first, did not impress on me the stability of other regions and governments. Its also easy to underestimate the degree to which our familial and friendly support networks cushion and assist us.

Things aren't bad enough here for me to want to take that gamble. The rule of law isn't perfect here but it is absentee in parts of the developing world where a non-independently wealthy expatriate may try and go to stretch what wealth they have, and the developed countries largely don't want our expatriates unless they can pay their way all the way to the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread