Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I'll be getting in on this. I'm off the next 11 days and need something to do.

I quit around the time of the combat upgrade, so I'm gonna be totally lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Do I have to download that whole 5 GB thing or if I already have SWG installed from SWGEmu am I good to go?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
*edit* Looks like mine is doing it now too. If you download the whole game from that thread that was linked earlier, you can just run SwgClient_r directly from the folder and it works fine. I'm on the test center right now learning how to play NGE.

Arven fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 24, 2016

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does NGE have doctor/entertainer buffs? As much as I loved the original game, I hated the whole buffing thing. Also, is there any disadvantage to just using auto-aim for everything in NGE? Messing around on the test center and it seems like there isn't.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
One of the devs mentioned in a general chat thread that everything was finished as of last night and they are starting final internal testing tomorrow. I don't think we'll get to play before the new year.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
What type of trader/crafter class is everyone planning on doing? It looks like we're pretty close (TC is down), so may be ought to work that out.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

randombattle posted:

Seriously why do you guys give a poo poo if people have poo poo already? You guys are gonna play for like 3 weeks and get bored and move on. At least I'm honest about being a fat Rodian Jedi named after a terrible action movie. poo poo isn't worth taking seriously.

I don't think anyone here cares about anyone getting a head start, it's the horrible pubbies on their forums/discord that are crying over it.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

You really don't want to deal with running a game server. It's not fun and like a 24/7 job that you are always on call for and don't get paid to do.

Also unless you yourself are a Dev capable of doing everything yourself if need be, there is a 99% chance you will never get off the ground. I only have experience as a UO emu server dev, but it's a thankless job and the only ones that have ever been successful are ones where the lead developer is in charge of the overall project and knows what he is doing.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
To me it seemed like it melted down because the server became unstable when there were more than a couple hundred people on a planet at the same time. For the few hours it was up you'd de-sync constantly unless you got off Tatooine. Other than that it was fine.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Why dd they do a wipe? Did they add anything new or is it just to get people playing?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Does anyone do anything on Bas yet besides grind characters and duel in front of CNET starport?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Tai posted:

Goons or pubbies

Either one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Uh huh. Hardware failure. That sure is convenient.

I'm not complaining though, I wasn't going to come back but probably will if there is a wipe.