Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

This one is essentially feature complete, including the big one: JTL.

The only problem is, it's NGE, which was the worst loving thing ever to happen to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

You're likely the only one trying.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I am actually in the process of putting together a server, and in fact have it up in a limited capacity (30 player limit currently - this will be increased once/if I actually launch it) if anyone is interested.

It's literally stock SWGEmu without the 10+ years of overburdened economy and all that goes with it.

If anyone is interested in trying it you can connect using the SWGEmu launchpad and adding the server address: Launchpad -> Settings -> Login Servers -> Add -> srv.sabreswg.com

There's no account server, yet. So you can create an account at the login screen of the server after you launch.

Maybe it'll be a thing, maybe I'll end up playing it by myself.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

LiterallyATomato posted:

I'd be interested in a goon-run server.

No XP boost, though? I'm not sure if I'm up to the full grind anymore. I'm an old man in his thirties with a job and a family.

This is pretty easy to change. Not something I'd really thought about. 2x 3x? I have no idea what people would feel good with, but yeah the grind is definitely real at base 1x.

Edit: I've set the XP multiplier to 2.5x to make the grind... less grind.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 17, 2021

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Cool. Everyone is welcome, (unless you're some shitlord who is going to try to exploit and cause grief, in which case Basilisk is that way --> )

I'd be thrilled if I even get a few people playing regularly, just to mess around with things.

If anyone notices any weirdness or things not working let me know.

I mean it's just an interesting thing for me to learn at this point because why not?

Server status thingy: https://sabreswg.com/

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 17, 2021

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Apparently in one of the recent publishes Imperials now stop you and scan you for contraband on Corelia and somewhere else...

Thoughts on leaving this on, or disabling it? It can be annoying when you're zooming along in your Landspeeder and it pulls you out of it to the ground for a random scan.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

LiterallyATomato posted:

In the little I played this morning, I got stopped three times in and near Mos Eisley. All the best guns are sliced, anyway, I say remove it or at least reduce it.

Alright, I'll figure out how to disable it. It's pretty annoying.

Edit: found it and disabled, restarting the server now.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 18, 2021

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So I went and rented an actual dedicated bare metal server for this. I plan to move it to the new server over the weekend.

Right now it's running on some cheapo vps.

I guess this is happening, even if I am the only one that ever uses it. :v: I should probably create a thread in PGS for this at some point as well.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

LiterallyATomato posted:

A couple quality of life things you may consider that I've seen implemented elsewhere:

1) In vanilla, training a master profession skill requires "mentorship" experience (or something, I forget the actual term) only acquired by teaching skills to others. In a low population server, this can be problematic. You could set the mentorship XP required to 0 but keep the credits requirement for training.

2) I've seen vehicle "summon" times reduced from 15 seconds to 5 or 3. Convenient, but some might consider it cheap, I guess.

3) Raising the number of missions possible to take at a time from 2 to 4 or even 6. Helps the grind faster, either for XP, credits, or faction, with less down time going back and forth between mission terminals.

4) Raising starter credit amount. No need to go nuts, but I think vanilla is 1000 and a lot of servers do several times that.

Just some food for thought. I think those would probably all be easy to implement, but I know nothing about coding.

I think these are all good ideas.

Changing these is fairly easy, and I've got a pretty good handle on where to change various configuration options.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

So I've got the new supercharged server up and running.

I believe all characters should still be there.

I've made changes to the starting cash and you can have 2 characters online at the same time now.

Looking into the other things that have been mentioned and will figure it out.

New server address: srv2.sabreswg.com

As always let me know if you have any problems, etc. The old server will be disappearing in the next day or two once I make sure the new one is working as expected.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Here is the PGS effort post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959599

Make any comments or suggestions there I guess, or hop onto Discord https://discord.gg/fnswRvJyap

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Burt posted:

When I try to launch the game I get a "can't connect to the network at this time" error message.

Any ideas? Some server path that I need to direct the launcher to maybe?

It should just work after you add it in the SWGEmu launcher.

Alternately you could try adding the IP rather than the hostname: 198.251.79.160

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

I've done the legacy questline many times. The monotony of it doesn't bother me, it's that I'm having issues soloing mobs 1v1 as a TKA and have to use Center of Being and many self-heals to get through any 1vX situations, whereas the same quest in NGE is just hit button kill dude in two shots.

I don't have any armor or anything and just now got the knuckler, so maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. I'll try something like Carbineer or Rifleman and see if it's better.

I am not sure what the concern over having to self-heal is, it's literally part of the rotation and fits into the GCD dance in between the Melee Hit and Melee Strike cooldowns. (these two moves are on separate CD's so should be alternated back and forth, if you're not using both you're doing it wrong). I am literally blasting faces of poo poo 5-8 levels higher than I am and not dying, yes there's a lot of self-healing but that's uhhh what it's there for?

This is coming from someone that started playing this about two hours ago for the first time ever. I've never played CU and only about 10 minutes of NGE.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I never thought I could enjoy SWG if it wasn't pre-cu, but this Restoration 3 server actually kind of nails it. CU mixed with NGE QoL makes for an almost modern feeling game and is kind of fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

When you get your vet rewards the crate of free resources will sell for upwards of 7 million if you're patient, and the self powered harvester deed for 1-2 million. It makes for a nice initial cash infusion. If you're into space content always check the stats on your looted parts before selling to the Chassis Dealer, I randomly looted a part that sold for 160 million that way. The pinned messages in the pilot channel of the Legends discord have handy info on that.

Is there any way to make the controls for space less poo poo?