Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shilajit
YEA
HELL YEAH
Shilajit is a rare tonic herbal substance collected by local inhabitants in the Himalayas and as far north as Russia. It has been used for thousands of years as a tonic. Shilajit is regarded by many herbalists as the most important natural tonic substance of Ayurveda (the traditional Indian health care system). In Sanskrit, Shilajit means "conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness." Shilajit is an exudate that oozes out of cracks in the Himalayan rocks and cliffs in the summer months. It is composed of organic plant material that is thought to have been compressed by rock for hundreds of years. After it is collected, it is naturally purified, concentrated and processed into a potent, high-quality extract. Shilajit is extremely rich in plant-source organic minerals. Most assays show that Shilajit, depending on its source, contains between 70 and 85 complexed minerals and trace elements. Shilajit is a humic substance, humus being the natural material that is formed when soil microorganisms decompose organic material into elements usable by plants. Shilajit is astoundingly rich in nutrients, antioxidants, amino acids, and phytochemicals. The main active component in Shilajit, to our knowledge, are macromolecules known as fulvic acids. Shilajit is extremely rich in fulvic acids (Dragon Herbs Shilajit, from high altitude in the Himalayas, contains approximately 40% fulvic acids). Fulvic acids are one of natures most astounding and miraculous molecular substances, perhaps second only to DNA in its importance to life on this planet.
hey man not all supplements are bad i take some and they help me
View Results

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Look at this loving poo poo:

It's a black tar like substance that oozes out of rocks in the Himalayan and Tibetan mountains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shilajit

So like, it's probably really healthy and good to eat.

http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=526
http://www.iherb.com/Sunfood-Himalayan-Shilajit-Powder-3-5-oz-100-g/50427
https://www.amazon.com/P%FCrblack-Shilajit-Supplement-Ayurvedic-Practice/dp/B00MHAVDVQ/

Oh poo poo...

http://www.naturalnews.com/055381_Shilajit_heavy_metals_lab_test_results.html

Oh well, let's keep selling it and keep taking it anyway!

"Amazon's Choice"

lmao

http://fakespot.com/product/prblack-shilajit-30-grams-live-pure-genuine-resin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3yj7Ksz4WI

:mmmhmm:

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
Hell yeah organic soylent

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Perhaps, for something safer, we could try... ants?

http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=503

"Dragon Herbs is pleased to offer a first-of-its-kind pure Polyrhachis Ant single herb in capsule form, comprised half of ground, raw Wild Changbai Mountain Black Ant, and half of a 10:1 pure Polyrhachis Ant extract.

Polyrhachis Ant is known to increase the production of DNA and RNA within the cell itself. A unique set of aldehyde compounds found in Polyrhachis Ant is believed to contribute to the Ants unparalleled physical strength, known to be able to lift up to 100 times their own weight. This aldehyde provides the great tonic action for the human body."

ANTS.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I never heard of people eating crushed up dirt before, at least people who weren't dying of starvation.

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
Seems lajit to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A magical substance found only at the tops of the world's tallest pyramid schemes.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I just raked up a big ol pile of leaves can we crush them up and sell them? I'm thinking 30 bones a bottle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol people can't get enough of that veneer of authenticity "ancient" medicine has. if that bullshit ever actually worked then modern medicine would never have been invented.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
are you trying to trick me into voting for gohan or something?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol people can't get enough of that veneer of authenticity "ancient" medicine has. if that bullshit ever actually worked then modern medicine would never have been invented.

also most "ancient" medicine is pure fiction invented in the 60s-80s. Especially the Chinese stuff, which was pushed by Maoists in attempt to glorify Chinese culture over Western stuff.

Mao literally invented a lot of it lol

Mao to his doctor who is baffled at 'traditional' Chinese medicine stuff posted:

Even though I believe we should promote Chinese medicine, Mao told him, I personally do not believe in it. I dont take Chinese medicine.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 28, 2016

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.

Moridin920 posted:

are you trying to trick me into voting for gohan or something?

also most "ancient" medicine is pure fiction invented in the 60s-80s. Especially the Chinese stuff, which was pushed by Maoists in attempt to glorify Chinese culture over Western stuff.

Mao literally invented a lot of it lol

Aw man, what will I do with all of my bottles of powdered rhino horns now?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Shilajit 2 quit

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Didn't take it himself? Didn't he brush his teeth with mint leaves? Or weed leaves?

This Khajit Shilajit poo poo seems questionable as well but at least it's not bear bile or endangered dicks

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
"A fool and his money are easily parted"

-Donald Trump

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Maldoror posted:

"Dragon Herbs is pleased to offer a first-of-its-kind pure Polyrhachis Ant single herb in capsule form, comprised half of ground, raw Wild Changbai Mountain Black Ant, and half of a 10:1 pure Polyrhachis Ant extract.

Polyrhachis Ant is known to increase the production of DNA and RNA within the cell itself. A unique set of aldehyde compounds found in Polyrhachis Ant is believed to contribute to the Ant’s unparalleled physical strength, known to be able to lift up to 100 times their own weight. This aldehyde provides the great tonic action for the human body."

ANTS.

People in Brazilian jungles eat ants. They are supposed to taste like lemon grass.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The supplement I take is 100% powdered albino ant dicks and other than the liver failure it's very good.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

various cheeses posted:

Shilajit 2 quit

Honestly pure Shilajit is made from these long-buried veins of plant-digested Himalayan rock only found at certain altitudes and after earthquakes - arguably there's no soil / humus quite like that anywhere else.

It's the Destroyer of Mountains :rock:

Shilajit is the secret ingredient in my homemade energy drink, and my initial inspiration to try it out from online retailers came from listening Jimmy Hendrix's Voodoo Chile. :coolfish:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296184/ posted:

Shilajit is composed mainly of humic substances, including fulvic acid, that account for around 60% to 80% of the total nutraceutical compound plus some oligoelements including selenium

Other molecules present in shilajit preparations are eldagic acid, some fatty acids, resins, latex, gums, albumins, triterpenes, sterols, aromatic carboxylic acids, 3,4-benzocoumarins, amino acids, polyphenols, and phenolic lipids

Its molecular composition varies from region to region. Newer investigations based on high-performance size exclusion chromatography (HP-SEC) show that shilajit contains specific molecular species of polysaccharides and lignins . As humic components, humins, humic acids, and fulvic acids are found in all shilajit preparations, being the last one, fulvic acids, the biologically active compound, along with dibenzo-α-pyrones, which acts as carrier of other substances

this seems like one of those things like saffron that despite a ton of people talking about it most of them dont really knows what the gently caress it actually is.

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

wow. Shilijat is easily the mt everest of herbal supplemts 2% of the population has even heard of. you dam fruit loops

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I just Shilijat my pants.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ninety posted:

wow. Shilijat is easily the mt everest of herbal supplemts 2% of the population has even heard of. you dam fruit loops

its not a herb it comes from rocks

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Honestly pure Shilajit is made from these long-buried veins of plant-digested Himalayan rock only found at certain altitudes and after earthquakes - arguably there's no soil / humus quite like that anywhere else.

It's the Destroyer of Mountains :rock:

Shilajit is the secret ingredient in my homemade energy drink, and my initial inspiration to try it out from online retailers came from listening Jimmy Hendrix's Voodoo Chile. :coolfish:

How about this one

All placenta would be the source of life and all placenta is a powerful source of Jing. However, some placenta is considered superior to others, based upon the experience of Chinese herbalists over the centuries. Traditionally, four types of placenta have been commonly used in Asia: human placenta, deer placenta, goat placenta and sheep placenta. Human placenta is considered to be the most perfect Jing tonic, but is not used in the United States as a dietary supplement except by those individuals who harvest their own placenta after giving birth and consume it as a restorative Jing tonic.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The only suppliment I take is colloidal silver, rectally

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Some cultures feel it's good for the supporting family to cook and eat the nutrient-rich placenta after a woman gives birth, but personally my favorite placenta-practice involves burying the afterbirth under a tree so the child and tree become connected. :angel:

Personally I believe that when a woman's water breaks she should eat like two magic space brownies and see how her trip to the hospital goes, and to not feel so bad if she forgets to ask what they're doing with all the excess body tissue afterward.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Maldoror posted:

How about this one

All placenta would be the “source of life” and all placenta is a powerful source of Jing. However, some placenta is considered superior to others, based upon the experience of Chinese herbalists over the centuries. Traditionally, four types of placenta have been commonly used in Asia: human placenta, deer placenta, goat placenta and sheep placenta. Human placenta is considered to be the most perfect Jing tonic, but is not used in the United States as a dietary supplement except by those individuals who harvest their own placenta after giving birth and consume it as a restorative Jing tonic.

Jing and tonic is the perfect summer drink

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i voted for goofy goku

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Ahem, *mangosteen *

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Captain Yossarian posted:

Ahem, *mangosteen *

Reported

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ChaE9o6uaw

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Captain Yossarian posted:

Ahem, *mangosteen *

You are so loving reported

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You are so loving reported

:(

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
we're all dumped into a Sci fi nightmare again aren't we?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i should piss into bottles and sell them as Himalayan Yak Urine. that way i can make a lot of money off of very stupid people

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I'm all for natural obsessed weirdos buying toxic products. They'll eventually get sick and maybe die and hopefully we could get actual regulation of the supplement industry.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Maldoror posted:

Polyrhachis Ant is known to increase the production of DNA and RNA within the cell itself. A unique set of aldehyde compounds found in Polyrhachis Ant is believed to contribute to the Ants unparalleled physical strength, known to be able to lift up to 100 times their own weight. This aldehyde provides the great tonic action for the human body."

ANTS.

What does 10:1 ant extract mean?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
nu uh this is that x-files black goo poo poo you cant fool me, cig smoking man

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013
Mods please change my name to powerful source of Jing

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Don't they just let dead bodies outside in specific area in the Himalayas instead of burying them ? What if this Shilajit stuff is just liquefied human remains that seep out of cracks a bit down the slope from the corpses ?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
my jing-a-ling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
wait, so they are literally consuming crude oil mixed with lead?

• Locked thread