Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

supply drop is finally coming out on the 26th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game rules but ive put hundreds of hours into it and some new stuff isnt enough to fight the burnout feel. ill def. come back to it in a while though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/bn03 streaming the challenge mode

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bullet kin past lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gently caress this lovely game. uninstall and play nuclear throne forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that gbs guy who came in here and was all "everything about this game is amazing except actually playing it" was completely right it just takes loving forever to get going and it can take you 30 minutes to find out if you're on a lovely run or not. the scaling HP, the extremely boring tutorial 2 floors at the start. god.

the challenge mode spices up the starting rooms a lot but then it becomes totally impossible as you get to the actual hard floors and you've got a hammer+gorgun+mortars on you [ala avgn] WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

like half the guns in the game are just barely better than the starting inf. ammo gun or flat out worse lol it is really hosed up. a lot of the passives are also worthless and arguably downgrades which is a huge problem.

when you have to be really careful about how you use keys, and you use that last key you have on a big rare gold chest and it gives you a 5% damage upgrade theres something really wrong

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao i was trashed but meant everything i said. the game has serious pacing issues and it took NT to open my eyes to them. the art style, music, sounds, feel etc. are all fantastic but spending 80% of your time trying to make the best of bad guns is not good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

a lot of this games problems could be fixed with faster movement speed and less enemy hp hp scaling is fail. and more guns and zany interactions to unlock since they're going for a zany interactions style isaac vibe. just the movemtn speed really kills it. oh well.

there are a few speed boost items in the game and everytime i find them i say "why cant you just move this fast from the start"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah. the dream patch would be
1. increased player movement speed
2. tune up a lot of the bad guns. everything should be substantially better than the starting pistol, 1 or 2 joke weapons is cool, 40 is not
3. more enemies and more drops

• Locked thread