Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Once you figure out how to play enter the gungeon is much easier though, stuff like the invincible roll lets you make a lot of mistakes and still recover
Fish can roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah but in nuclear throne that's the starting, get used to the game character. In Gungeon everyoen does it and the games designed around it

Also it feels like in nuclear throne you can mess up and die really quickly, in gungeon you get kind of overwhelmed but have time to react
I think they're just designed differently. It's harder to die in Gungeon, but the penalties are worse because each Gungeon run is way longer. In Throne you're just expected to die a lot and just start over, because a successful game is like... 20 minutes to half an hour.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh yeah and a bad first floor in gungeon can kinda ruin the rest of your run too
Yeah. One of the things I like about Nuclear Throne is that I'm not so focused on resource management. I'd like to see Gungeon increase both the number of enemies and the frequency of ammo and new guns, while decreasing enemy health. But what makes Gungeon a good game is that its biggest issues are just "I'd prefer the numbers to be this way." The actual movement, dodging, etc. all feel really good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

not getting hit = more items
Woah. Is this new?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah its true. additionally, you tend to get more ammo the more ammo you use.
Wow. Huh. I guess I've just gotten unlucky. I'll have to play a few games again and check it out.

• Locked thread