Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Alain Post posted:

It's a good game. I once had an insane run where I had the Scrambler, Backup Gun, and Scattershot, which meant I was firing six shots in all directions which all turned into smaller bullets which homed in on enemies. It killed everything, and was the first time I made it to the Forge.

Biggest complaint is that it starts off pretty slowly compared to something like BoI.

BoI starts off really slowly, or at least the original did. Was the remake faster at the start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
not sure how i feel about this game so far. it seemed funny to me that people had to go 'i like nuclear throne' OR 'i like enter the gungeon', but i can feel myself falling into that same pattern right now - like, why are all the starting guns so intentionally unsatisfying? why can nothing shoot straight?

i'm going to give it a bit longer to see if it'll 'click' with me. the art in particular is really charming, all the enemies are really cute. so far playing this just makes me want to play more Deathstate, though

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

White Genocide posted:

how can one poster be so freaking chill?

he's chill as hell. can't believe how chill this guy is

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
is there some way to skip boss intros in this game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

i pressed every key on my keyboard & mouse and nothing works

also, almost beat a zone 3 boss for the first time (cannonbalrog) and died... because i forgot i had the invincibility star item ;_;

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Yobgoblin posted:

Did you try clicking?

yes, actually

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

After googling 'gungeon how to skip boss intros' I have learned it is E. Well learned isn't the right word because I knew it at one point from playing the game.. Perhaps you could say I rediscovered it

thank you. you were very mean to me in this thread, but i forgive you, in the holiday spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i like:
  • the art style - it's really cute, and the pun enemies are fun
  • the cash economy - it's basic but there are some fun trade-offs and gambles you can make
  • the blanks - i'm bad at using them but they're a neat mechanic (stolen, i know, but good)
  • the roll, similarly

it feels almost unfair to compare it to nuclear throne, tho. like, some of the guns in gungeon are neat, but every single gun in nt is a tremendous blast to use

• Locked thread