Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
gatling gull is probably the boss i can most reliably perfect clear, which is funny. not sure if you've realized yet but if you beat a boss without taking damage you get a bonus drop from them that gives +1 max HP. clearing rooms without taking damage also gives you more money and better chances at key/ammo/etc drops. being good at dodging is really important basically.

edit: getting unlocks makes the game generally a lot easier because some of the stuff you can buy is really good ... however, as you unlock stuff, harder enemies will start spawning from the get-go (sort of like a slow, incremental version of Everything Is Terrible from Binding of Isaac) but they also drop more $$ which evens things out.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm gonna play this some today

edit: some of the big secret unlock requirements are insane and I've done everything in Isaac that doesn't involve winning with The Lost

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nice work homie. After you get into the fireplace room for the first time (or maybe you have to also clear the secret level?) the game starts spawning a water barrel like right next to the fireplace on future runs so it's not as much of a hassle on later attempts, which is a very thoughtful touch. Honestly it's a really solid game, I think the general impression at launch though was frustrating for a lot of ppl because drop rates were worse (and they still feel a little stingy now ... but it helps if you know that not getting hit = more items, and being low on ammo means more ammo drops so don't feel like you need to hoard bullets). They've improved all that with patches though and there's another free update coming soon with new guns and a new boss and some more tweaks, i'm really happy they're still developing it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Woah. Is this new?

lol i can't find anything to back this up so maybe i'm totally wrong and this was just speculation i took as fact. it's a good attitude to have and a great motivator though even if it's a lie :)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i feel like i don't get keys for room clears unless it's flawless, but maybe i'm imagining that

I know there's some behind the scenes RNG cheating going on where if you're out of keys you're more likely to get em too. Basically don't hoard your poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

once you beat the past w someone you can use that first shrine to gain +9 curse, effectively making the run extremely hard. cool

Apparently curse also boosts $ drops from enemies and also makes mimics a lot more likely so you don't need to use keys on chests tho. so that's kinda cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol cool just realized that the Eye of the Beholster gun flashes "BEHOLD" instead of "RELOAD" when your clip is empty. also i made it to the second secret area and the king boss is freaking hard

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

game is full of cute little details like that

I played this all day yesterday.... i also learned that the bloodborne brooch that lets you regain health from inflicting damage also cuts the reload time of the trick weapon if you have them both equipped at once

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

The Old King is a bastard.

Got him. Singularity with cooldown reduction + fightsabre made it happen. It was still really intense though lol I can't imagine beating him without a cheesy rear end loadout like that

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 28, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh poo poo the bloodied scarf dropped next floor after killing old king .... this could be The Run. I've never made it to the Forge boss before though

edit: it wasn't , lol. panicked on the second form ..... so close though

goferchan fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 28, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hate the red scarf lol. theres a noticeable delay on the iframes and it feels funky. at least you got to practice the 5th floor some more

I had wallmonger as my 4f boss right after it dropped and unfortunately i took a hit from him before realizing i could teleport behind him with the scarf and stay invincible for the whole fight for an easy master round. It got me through a few locked doors though. Good scarf. Gonna try to bring the Prime Primer down next run! I got the Planar Casing that time but I wasn't gonna give up my Singularity to bring down that bullet part in the mines that takes up your active item slot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Made it to Dragun for the second time today. Didn't have any particularly broken setup, just Master Rounds 1-3 (first time scoring that many during a run) and the Scrambler which is an insanely good gun. I died though, I'm pretty sure he did the knives attack like 3 times back to back which brutalized me lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm close to having 25 credits and I've got some of the rly expensive items available in Ox's shop. Which is more fun, Yari Launcher or Space Friend? i'm leaning towards the latter because good passives are always a treat but good guns stress me out because i don't wanna waste their ammo (and I usually die because I hoard it too much lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The free DLC is officially out now out of beta. Sounds substantial I'm looking forward to checking it out

• Locked thread