Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Wasn't Turkey universally praised by the drivers then dumped off the schedule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

Someone help me out here. I seem to remember around 2007-2010 McLaren having some internal drama involving someone's girlfriend/sister/wife. It's been awhile but I seem to remember this woman was dating one of the drivers and was related(?) to the other. I am not sure on this but my memory wants to say the drivers were Lewis and Jenson. It keeps popping back in my head that she gave a several interviews saying she could stop the fighting between the two. In typical bad movie fashion one of them was like "sure ill do it if he does" while the other was having none of it what so ever. Am i just getting old and making things up or was this a real thing?

Jenson's girlfriend was taking part in a TV talent show at about that time if my memory serves and I think Lewis started going out with Nicole what's-her-name at some point during that timeframe as well

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

BubbaGrace posted:

Thanks m8, but I only remember one woman being involved in this. Im having slight flashbacks of her watching on the tv in the garage almost having a panic attack while Lewis and Jenson (still not sure if its these two) are battling it out on track.

that would probably be Nicole then, she was always in the garage

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

A friend of mine does social media stuff at McLaren. She seems to enjoy it.

That's my McLaren as a company opinion.

I've been in their HQ in Woking. It's basically a Bond villain lair

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

If only he were still active in F1 today. We might have some entertaining races.

he's set his sights elsewhere

https://twitter.com/realflanmurray/status/805840862961864705

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Which was the race where Schumi was stuck in fifth gear for pretty much the entire thing and still somehow managed to get on the podium? Was it Schumi? I know it was in the late 90s/early 2000s

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

enri posted:

Even then Crofty would get the wrong car as he calls it out in his last moments
"RICCIARDO'S OFF AND HURTLING THROUGH THE SKY! TAKING AFTER HIS COUNTRYMAN 'AUSSIE GRIT' MARK WEBBER"
"No Crofty, it's Vers-BOOM

:golfclap:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Can we have more of those yellow Jordan liveries from the late 90s? Those were badass

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

now that's what I'm talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

HJB posted:

A compilation of alternate Jordan "sponsors" I found

I remember the top two, was reminded of BE ON EDGE when I saw this, but can't say I recall Bitten Heroes.

They also changed the rear wing livery to read FISSSSSY and SSSSSCHUEY on tracks were they couldn't show tobacco advertising iirc

• Locked thread