Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
All my stuff is probably still on a hard drive in Virginia that I really should back up one of these days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Monaco.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Macau because it's basically like someone designed a track with the goal of making it as likely as possible to have a horrible crash on it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

If the forest section of Hockenheim had never existed nobody would be saying 'ugh it's such an awful circuit bulldoze it and salt the earth'. The track suffers from the comparison with what had been there before but it isn't any worse than half the tracks on the current F1 calendar.

Yeah but most F1 tracks suck rear end. Big part of the general loss of spectacle the product suffers from.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TBH Hockenheim's old layout would probably be somewhat boring because we don't push engines to the limits anymore in F1. But it was still spectacular, and the stadium section always made it a fun challenge to set a car up for.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Austria isn't nearly as good as the O-Ring, but it's done a decent job at keeping the spirit of the track alive, far more than Hockenheim, anyway. It helps that it usually produces a good race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have a weird soft spot for mutilated Fuji. Maybe because the 2008 race there kicked rear end.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The moral WDC was you, the fans.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Paul Ricard owns as a layout and it kind of always looked a bit like a parking lot/highway. Hope they use the long layout.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FAROOQ posted:

Rosberg won this title while being beaten by his teammate

Just checked and Nico had more points. Explain

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Red Bull's main problem they will be faceing in the 2017 Formula One season is that both of their drivers are insanely bad and I want them both to suffer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder how loving pissed Lewis is that he's never going to be able to take Nico's title back from him

Also if Lewis/Ocon/Pascal doesn't run #0 in 2017 than F1 is dead

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MZ posted:

Lewis won't care, he already has 2 more WDCs than he does and knows full well he would have won the title were it not for reliability issues.

I didn't know Lewis was an Autosport poster.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Remember when Lewis was really bad at the start of the year and had a bunch of bad starts? IMO, he should have done less of this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Too busy filming cameos for Call of Duty and getting involved with celebrity culture probably. No focus

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

julian assflange posted:

Yes but you see the reliability

One engine failure during a race. Lmfao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iospace posted:

Why did people start to hate Max anyway? Yeah he's an aggressive as gently caress driver but off the course he seems cool.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Stewart murdered someone on camera and got away with it, which Max Verstappen has attempted several times in his career so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren have also gotten rid of the cancer of the team, Ron Dennis. Cautiously afraid that they may be less poo poo next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Poois

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

El Hefe posted:

loving Lewis had to get a few digs in there, no class.

He's so loving mad he won't get the chance to beat Nico for his title lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Scud Studs Will Stun in Seventeen.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
What does that make McLaren?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is the ultimate mindgame. Nico's masterpiece.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Norns posted:

He has provided more on track entertainment than any other driver in years.

Pastor...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pastor's win was in a far worse car than Max.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Senna was a fraud who only got his F1 seat by bullying poor Martin Brundle. Fact.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

NtotheTC posted:

Good post, good post. sure.

Alternative opinion though, you and the rest of the "gosh well he did his damndest yadda yadda classy yadda yadda" can go and paddle in the mediocre pool with Rosberg. WINNERS don't give out their respect easily. Hamilton, Alonso, Senna, Schumacher. In fact Schumacher is the only one who used to say "yeah wow he's a great driver very impressive" to his poo poo teammate (Rubens) and he couldn't keep the smirk off his face so why are you're acting like this is noteworthy is beyond me.

Rosberg won though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

Michael couldn't set a car up for poo poo and relied on drivers like Rubens and Irvine along with the engineers to come up with setups that were race-winners (as is widely documented) and then on team orders and his contract to make sure he won (as we watched for so many years).

Does this mean Michael Schumacher used to rely on Jos Verstappen and JJ Letho to set up his cars at Benetton

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The "Benetton was illegal" talk is from jealous British journalists.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Theophany posted:

But the fact remains that during the Ferrari days, it is well documented Schumi was a driver.

Agreed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lewis is bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He lost a championship to Nico Rosberg, who is bad. Embarassing imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Falken posted:

Rosberg also beat Michael Schumacher 3 years running though, so does that mean that Scumacher is also a Fraud?

Yes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Max Verstappen will die.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hulk is our generation's Giancarlo Fisichella.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*adjusts numbers* Hulk is our generation's Jarno Trulli?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

What the gently caress does that mean? This mod must like the sportsball or something, he clearly does not understand the fine culture of the worst thread

It is illegal and highly risky to post things like Poois Shamilton, Sebshitstain Vesmell, Pooderia Ferrari, ShitClaren, or Nico Fraudberg in this thread. Please do not post any of those things or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poty posted:

The worst I've seen is Failpeepee Assa. I reported that post so many times.

Thankfully he has retired from the series, likely due to this online abuse.

• Locked thread