Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Nice Rosbergesque line for that corner. Does Lauda teach all european Merc drivers to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

keevo posted:

I hope Bernie takes up a cabinet position for the President of the United States Donald Trump.

I hope Theresa May puts Bernie in charge of the Brexit negotiation with the EU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

New F1 rules for 2019 announced: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127862/nascar-reveals-sweeping-format-changes

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Until this year I believe the road race at Watkins Glen was officially titled "The Cheez-It 355"

I'm afraid F1's new american owners stole this sponsor... starting this year the Monaco GP will be known as The Cheez-It 300 at The Pansy-drome

Bernie couldn't stomach seeing our F1 get destroyed like this

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow I didn't expect this from the leader of the anti-Hamilton faction in this thread

Hmmm actually

poty
Jun 21, 2008

GramCracker posted:

The guy does have $8bn to make it happen now

It's cute that you think he'd put in even a penny of his own money

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Bernie is a saint who has been smeared by the fake news from the european media. He has always acted in the best interests of the sport, he doesn't care about money. I'm sure he doesn't even know how much money he has!!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Just you wait until F1 becomes the Red Bull Formula One Cup Presented By Trump Hotels. The sport is dead without Our Bern.

In a year or two this thread will be nothing but picture after picture of German drivers drenched in milk... hopefully I will be dead by then

poty
Jun 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/KARAOKEQUEEN29/status/826116391778603009

hell, same

poty
Jun 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Yeah, if you ignore the brakes

That sounds like an excuse to me, you don't go fast by using the brakes a lot!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The terrible situation in Venezuela has robbed us from the work of two maestros of their craft: Pastor, at driving and El Hefe, at posting. How much longer will the European Union allow this situation to go on?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

KMag, the second greatest American, proves he's an American by using a sawzall

surely an american would use some sort of gun

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Jedit posted:

An amusing article on the BBC website today about how Red Bull own a team in the Bundesliga (RB Leipzig) and they are the most hated team in football. In fact they're so disliked that one German newspaper doesn't even name them in the league tables, instead putting "Dosenverkauf" - can sellers.

Germans using Rivals.com puns when competitors are better than them? As a Lewis fan in this thread full of German posters, it's hard to imagine

poty
Jun 21, 2008

He makes money the same way as all the other hack "F1 journalists": from the checks Mercedes sends him to spread fake news against our Lewis

poty fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 9, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

Hamilton hasn't had a residence in the UK for 10 years, so he's European (Switzerland, then/now Monaco).

Lewis had to leave in order to escape the monsoon of ridiculous taxes that the Brussels eurocrats forced on poor Britain, which has caused him great distress

American hack takes over after stabbing British visionary leader in the back and ruins everything immediately seems to be 2017s hot trend

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I would think that a Ron Dennis hater like wicka would be happy that he got ousted, but that's not enough. Everyone has to be happy that the best team in F1 is run by a marketing exec who thinks calling a thing mclrn+ is good marketing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wicka posted:

Criticism and constructive criticism are two wildly different things.

How's this for constructive criticism: bring Ron Dennis back

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

I am a distant cousin with Paul di Resta

gently caress you

poty
Jun 21, 2008

julian assflange posted:

I'd watch cars drive around a racetrack if I were you

I recommend ignoring the nerdy cars and loving off to enjoy Barcelona instead, which a cool spot

poty
Jun 21, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Bit difficult when his job will require him to be at the circuit

Doesn't sound like a job worth keeping, the only thing more boring than watching F1 is watching F1 live at the circuit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The year that made Nico Rosberg unironically a WDC must surely be rock bottom, can't get worse from there

poty
Jun 21, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Oh no no no no my sweet summer child. Real Commitment to a sport is continuing to watch it after a Damon Hill Championship, or not walking away after Rubens is ordered to move over for Michael for the 30th time. Watching Lewis melt down and a genuinely exiting last race of the season is actually quite the treat when you look at the quality of F1 over the years as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93igduisgzY

Heading off to Pizza Hut for hundreds of quids' worth of pizza, do you guys want anything?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

Hans Heyer starting the 1977 German GP despite not qualifying because the officials liked him ftw.

Germans ignoring any rules they don't like and getting away with it?? In my F1?????

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The levels of autism regarding the new car opinions in this thread are off the extremely detailed charts

poty fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 22, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am sorry that you live life like an autist

I was actually just making a callback to this post, which was funny to me because I didn't understand what the poster meant

What are some technical F1 posts

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Lewis will win every race, clinching the championship by Monza, where all the tifosi will repent from Ferrari and become Lewis fans. He will also win last year's championship after Rosberg admits he only won because of a conspiracy with Charlie Whiting (who didn't punish his cheating) and Niki Lauda (who sabotaged Lewis' car). Article 50 will make Great Britain the most successful country of all time. The EU will beg us to come back, offering a new membership where we don't pay anything but make all the decisions, but we will refuse

poty fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 23, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lttlLYbNaY

Trigger Warning: This video will show each time HAM wins a race this year. Sorry boot that. Maybe the merc will suck.

Wow, what a song, have had it stuck in my head all day. This could be the next Gangnam Style

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Ferrari have their event in half an hour at http://2017carlaunch.ferrari.com/en/

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It has a shark fin *and* a T-wing

poty
Jun 21, 2008

aequalis posted:

I'm going to shamelessly copy and paste the links from the Reddit megathread, I don't give a gently caress!

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/s2lg8.mp4?token=1489136557_6064510d351f52a681a723ec0e83d49cda44fc82

Arrivabene looks mad at being on a reddit video, which I understand

poty
Jun 21, 2008

keevo posted:

Orange I guess?

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/835082680832245760

lol so when its bright out during a race, its going to look more red than orange

What the gently caress is this. Ron Dennis must be spinning in his grave

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Ron Dennis would have delivered Jenson's second championship in a car with an amazing livery that would become a modern classic

Zak "The Hack" Brown has delivered a turd that is probably slower than a Sauber

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

http://imgur.com/a/EkgCS

Zak just said they chose orange because of the fans.

Fucks sake. NEVER let fans have a say in F1, you feckless twat

Ron's engineers said push-rod suspension would make the car 8% faster but it wasn't testing well with women 25-34 so they had to get rid of it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

http://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/18757390/brown-wants-make-mclaren-less-darth-vader-more-luke-skywalker posted:

New McLaren CEO Zak Brown says the team has been "a little bit too Darth Vader" in recent years -- something he hopes he can change with a little pinch of Luke Skywalker.

Disrespectful remarks from Zak "The Clown" Brown. Was this really the best guy the Bahrainis could find to backstab Our Ron?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

djssniper posted:

The problem with the McLaren livery is that no-one will listen to the GXF department and the sign off will be with someone that has no experience in design, I work in design and it is soooooo loving frustrating when this happens

EDIT: I just wish we could see the initial design concepts

I heard that Hack Clown himself designed the livery in Paint

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Zak Brown: Double Down

"It is hard-on livery," he said when asked if the team could have done a better job. "It was ultimately a dozen people involved in the whole process. We went through tonnes and tonnes of liveries and you got lots of different opinion.

First, that inappropriate language has no place in a family-oriented team. Second, Hack Clown has had half of McLaren waste weeks making his draft of the ugliest livery of all time a reality. Ron would have had them make a world championship-winning car but I guess that's not a priority anymore

poty fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 26, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Magnaflux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFNZRxDe8c

On track action.
I miss the V10's a lot, and V8's a little.

I thought I would hate the 2008esque dumb wide rear wing but the cars look pretty

poty
Jun 21, 2008

This is a great move, can you imagine what World War II would have been like with Ron Dennis leading the Spitfire design team? It would be known as the "English Channel Kerfuffle" because we would have won it by 1940

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Also Bottas appears to be struggling to get to grips with the car. Some people were saying he looked fairly scrappy on the race sim and his lap times were all over the map.

I heard the same thing, Low-Energy Bottas is a disaster. Please ignore Tsaedje, he is fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

CratSock posted:

I dunno, has it? If that isn't the reason, the cars still aren't running flat out most (all?) of the time. I thought they were still trying to get by using less fuel thanks to some "optimal calculations" or some bullshit that means they don't just go out and drive fast anymore.

Ban computers (and nerds!!!) from F1 teams, in my humble opinion

• Locked thread