Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

Failpeepee Assassa
Banned for rivals.com puns because rivals.com invented puns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Honda needs Soichiro himself back, he'll carry new seals to the race track in his own personal luggage and he'll cry when Alonso wins.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Does everyone still hate Max Verstappen?
Yeah

Tony Montana posted:

How can you hate Max?
He's ugly

Alonso is the only one who deserves to win because he's the most beautiful

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Minto Took posted:

Senna was a fraud.
A dangerous fraud, just like Their Max, making erratic borderline-illegal moves all the time. But at least he wasn't ugly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't really like Their Lewis (whose name notice I spelled correctly because all the mods are British and will only allow rivals.com puns about other drivers) but you have to admit he did sing the Cool Runnings song on twitter.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bernie did nothing wrong

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Don't Indians own Aston though? And they don't care about profits, they just like owning British things for revenge

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Which Max? Careful, some are good (Mosley) and some not (the ugly one)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wasn't it decided that the times are unreliable but the lap counts aren't?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tsaedje posted:

Surtees' amazing achievement of being world champion on two and four wheels is never going to be repeated. RIP to a pretty cool guy
Rossi could have done it but F1 was too boring for him. RIP F1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

Watch mclaren engineers install the wings upside down and make a loving plane.
https://twitter.com/McLaren_Soul/status/840248420371685376

I like "McLaren Soul"'s profile picture. It's appropriate for McLaren.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Don't forget that Sergio has more podiums since Sergio left McLaren than McLaren has podiums since Sergio left McLaren

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No that had to do with German engineering superiority and the biological right of all Germans to stand at the top of all podiums

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

This reads like they removed the free speach part of his programming, that or someone was stood behind him with a gun. http://m.crash.net/f1/news/241786/1/alonso-retains-hopes-amid-mclarenhonda-crisis.html
Alonso El Hoperetainer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Sky Sports F1 need to hire this guy and tell their useless hacks to gently caress off.
Back in the day, some news outlets were smart enough to hire a person like this (Sir Jackie) who would tell off all the modern frauds he saw (Senna) but today journalism is all pandering to Bernie and Putin so instead we have Ted and Crofty

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pablo Bluth posted:

Jackie is hating on Lewis so he'd fit right in here.
Jackie actually used to be a big Lewis fan, I remember him rating The Fastest Snapchatter quite highly many times just a few years back.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Does that mean Newey settled for P3-4? Surely the Mercedeses will qualify P1-2 and drive away

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
These indycar visor cam videos are fantastic. F1 should never do that because then F1 might not suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQr-aGob6Y0

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also the last time when Honda was good
A Honda engine just won the Indycars today starting from last place

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

That really doesn't look like Stroll's fault TBH.
I come from amateur bike racing and I have such a hard time understanding how responsibility is assigned in incidents like that with cars. The guy in front can see in his mirrors so he's supposed to leave some room? But the guy behind is also not supposed to run into the guy in front of him because he can see the situation and control it better obviously? In bikes, there are no mirrors so the guy in front is basically never at fault unless he's doing some absurd maneuver.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

Both Mclarens will now carry a motocompo with them to carry the driver back to the pits.
Legit one of the coolest things Honda ever made

poty posted:

If it's anything like F1, the driver closest to being British gets the blame
And rightly so

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

Did you know that Mazda put the rotary in a loving minibus? I seriously wonder what driving that was like.
Having driven a couple old RX7s, I would assume it's all about revving it to redline and slipping the clutch all day long.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I saw one of the Phoenix races on Youtube, it looked like driving through a Tetris block. No spectators that I could see, no turns other than 90 degree ones. Made Tilkes all look inspired.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is it typical for circuits to pay the sport to bring the sport to the circuit? I thought that was unusual

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
We can only long to see "Well done Brands Hatch" or "Watkins Glen welcomed us"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

so many bad German drivers who cheat without punishment.
That's unfair, what about the Dutch? How many Dutchites have been at top level in F1? Like, one? And he's a dangerous cheating fraud who evades punishment and also ugly. That's like a 100% failure rate for Netherpeoples in F1. That's staggering.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah honestly that's gotta be one of the biggest things wrong with F1

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

I honestly do not care that Americans don't have much of a history in F1, tbh, I care much more about getting them back in top level motorcycle racing.

gently caress Spain
King Kenny! Remember when he won in Spain and gave them the trophy back because gently caress Spain? Suck it, Europe! I miss the 80 sand 90s 500gp racing with America winning everything.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
NASCAR on road courses is actually entertaining. F1 on an oval would be homicidal levels of boredom and predictability.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
MCWDC already? (Moral Canadian World Drivers Champion)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128542/stroll-i-dont-care-about-critics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAPpG9uFEU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Massa deserves it more but it would be more entertaining if Kimi won it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
At least he's not dead and driving a Honda!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

It's going to be fun watching the rookies all suffer this season as F1 cars go back to being F1 cars in terms of gs pulled and speed and not just a slightly faster version of the F3/GP3 cars they all were poodling around in hence how quickly rookies acclimatized during the past horrid formula.
It's going to be hard for Our Nando this year, having driven a GP2 car for two years

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
With all this discussion of unfair profit distribution and the NFL I thought this detailed economic analysis of NFL and MLB was relevant. Ferrari are the Yankees, obviously. An irredeemable yet unstoppable evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb9JMno7g7Y

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2017: The return of Ross the Boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It's gonna suck. Lewis is gonna win.

• Locked thread