Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Syrian Grand Prix for 2017! Make it happen Bernie, the other circuits are dropping like flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Norns posted:

I finished up 1985. Good loving season even if I knew the results ahead of time.

Anyone plan on watching older a stuff while we wait for the glorious return of 2017 WDC Fernando Alonso?

Probably. I'm pretty sure nearly all of 1982 is on YouTube. Pretty fitting given the mood of the thread recently.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
1990 is really good IMO. There's a few races from the 70's on YouTube, those are fun.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Hockenheim is the one "classic" circuit that I wouldn't really be disappointed about if it shut down. It's just so bad. As far as I'm concerned, that circuit died when they got rid of the forest section.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
This is the worst thread, I assure you we all have excess calories.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
It'll never happen, but it would be cool if the old public road circuits came back. Montjuïch, Claremont Ferrand, or Rouen. That used to be a big, big part of the sport, and it's virtually gone except for Singapore and Monaco, which are tight and slow.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Melbourne and Montreal are technically racetracks that are also public roads, not the other way around. Forgot about Baku and Sochi, but can you blame me?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

minstrels posted:

Those of you watching old seasons during the winter, where are you finding them?

YouTube actually has a lot of races. Dailymotion also has a bunch.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

El Hefe posted:

Perez seems like a oval office, Gutierrez seems like a nice guy though.

You definitely have this backwards. Everything we jokingly say about Lewis is actually true for Esteban, except he's extremely bad at driving.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Is it like good yogurt or the kind that's intended to make you poop?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Is that some kind of bong?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

It is very, very good. It's a toss up between that and Le Mans for best racing film.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Massa confirmed back at Williams, Bottas to Mercedes a mere formality.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I've really enjoyed the old F1 and newer BTCC races I've watched at Donington. It's got a great layout and some nice elevation changes. From what I understand, they were not interested in hosting F1 due to the changes that would have been needed.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Alain Post posted:

F1 is dead.

I'll give it 5 years.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I think I read somewhere that F1 mechanics aren't actually paid that much.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
If McLaren goes back to orange liveries and pre 1982 car names, I'll be an unquestionable fan.

George Zimmer fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 3, 2017

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
All I want from McLaren is orange. Just give me the orange.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Holy hell why is MotoGP's streaming so loving expensive?

FWIW, it's very, very good. I'm gonna try to shell out for it this year if I can.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I definitely would not call Nazareth close to Watkins Glen. It's atleast 3 hours away.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
There's a bunch of old IMSA races on YT that are great. The GTP/Group C era was the best.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Those bargeboards are huge. That bump at the start of the nose reminds me of those dolphins with big heads.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I don't mind the fins personally. I find the ugliest aspect of these cars is the sharp downward slope the noses take. The Force India is especially bad.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

You are taking the piss right? The Force India looks like somebody glued a sheet of drywall onto the back.

It's the least aesthetically pleasing of the three we've seen so far, but on the whole it's perfectly fine IMO. Sauber's looks downright cool.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
You've clearly not been reading the F1 Technical forums.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Hey, no offense, but you have bad opinions.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Best looking car so far.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

wicka posted:

McLaren are still running with a floor that has no details whatsoever. What the gently caress are they hiding?

I'd say "design failure" but they seem to be showcasing that pretty well.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Bold prediction: At some point this season eric boullier is going to very publicly melt down.

Surely his experience at Team "Quantum money is coming any day now" Lotus has hardened him.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Uh it's spelled "Buttass" you guys.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Lance Droll.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I thought his dad spent a bajillion dollars buying an ex Williams car for F1 seat time? Tsk tsk.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
From what I understand, HPD operates largely independently from Honda corporate.

So no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

TurboDrizzle posted:

Id love to see Indy 500 back as a points paying round, or at least a non-points race. Slightly modify the cars (like they do for monaco or monza anyway) and run against the indy cars head to head.

This is way more complex than you make it out to be.

• Locked thread