Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Mechnical grip? Don't make me laugh. It's all about the loving aero again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Triple A posted:

Mechanical grip is still vital for getting the most out of your car in slow corners and in less than ideal weather.

Either way Williams is hosed.

In other news the complaining about Lewis tactics gets on my nerves.
It was the last race of the season and Merc already had the WCC sewn up. It's not a big deal.

I hope that won't be the topic for the next few months.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

iospace posted:

Speaking of which, halo is going in next year, right?

No.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I thought Bernie sold the track years ago.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
^^Senna was about to join and Prost rightfully said gently caress no.

quote:

Mercedes F1 boss Toto Wolff admits himself and the rest of the team's top brass were caught off guard by Nico Rosberg's decision to retire – and says the outfit has not yet gone to work on finding a replacement.

:getin:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Ocon already has a FI seat. Wehrlein is the only homegrown option left and Toto has a hard-on for him.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Suzie Wolff is married to Toto Wolff.....

She's pregnant.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Wehrlein and Diresta are two highly overrated DTM drivers that shouldn't have been in F1.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
As someone pointed out, Merc are already at the engine limit and actually had to turn power down because reliability suffered.

They can only play the aero game now.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Realistic driver options:

Bottas
Wehrlein
Nasr
Ocon
Perez

RBR will fight tooth and nail to keep :frog:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

learnincurve posted:

Ours was a Prost house :colbert:

Better Prost than Proust.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

quote:

After picking up his F1 drivers’ championship trophy at the FIA Gala Awards in Vienna on Friday night, Rosberg said that if he had lost out to Lewis Hamilton in the finale in Abu Dhabi he would have continued in to 2017.

“I never give up,” he said. “So if I had come second I would have gone on for another year next year definitely.”

Rosberg, who only informed his Mercedes bosses on Wednesday of his plan to quit F1, said that the pressure he experienced in the closing stages of the campaign was something he had never experienced before.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosberg-i-wouldn-t-have-quit-unless-i-was-champion-856439/

quote:

Niki Lauda says that "practically half" of the Formula 1 grid has been in touch with Mercedes to offer themselves as a replacement for retiring world champion Nico Rosberg.

Asked when he knew about the news, Lauda said: “A few hours before the public announcement. He told us by phone. I took it badly, I didn’t expect it, nobody in Mercedes imagined that he had had enough.

“At first I didn’t believe it. ‘Nico, what you told us, are you kidding by any chance? It’s a joke?’ But he said it was all true. Quite incredible.

"When I won the first title I immediately thought about how I would win a second. Not the case with Nico.

“Rosberg’s decision has left us disorientated and unprepared, and all those who contributed to Nico winning the world title took it very badly."

Lauda says the fact most top drivers are under contract elsewhere makes the task of replacing Rosberg especially difficult, and that taking a young driver - such as Pascal Wehrlein - would be a "risk".

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lauda-half-of-the-grid-has-offered-to-replace-rosberg-856479/

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

gret posted:

Who's the other good Rosberg besides Keke? :confused:

His wife.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Toto said he doesn't want to hire one of the big boys because of contract issues. At the same time you have Niki on record as saying it's their job to find loopholes in all the contracts.

Also Toto doesn't want Wehrlein because it would create a situation like 2007 with Alonso when the upstart Lewis didn't respect Alonsos achievements and bla bla.

Basically Pascal sucks.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Falken posted:

Well, say what you will but I am not ready to accept that Alexander Wurz is a fraud.

He is such a fraud he never won an F1 race.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

1500quidporsche posted:

When did this happen???

He said big, not successful.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

keevo posted:

I really wish Hulkenbgerg hadn't signed with Renault so early. I'd love to see him in that seat.

So would he!

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

MattD1zzl3 posted:

How many Robert Kubicas does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Does he have to use the long or the short arm?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

thegasman2000 posted:

It could be happening guys! Alonso to Mercedes isn't a firm no from the wolf.

Mercedes: Fernando Alonso could partner Lewis Hamilton - Toto Wolff
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38219533

:lol:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
That's not a hover hand, he's just holding her gently you loving autists.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
We got to page 22 this time. Good job lads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
As a finnish acquaintance noted:

Alonso to Mercedes? They're going to have a poo poo car then.

• Locked thread