Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

iospace posted:

Bold Prediction A mysterious racer in a mask takes Nico's seat, going only by Rico Nosberg

If Alonso doesn't get it, this is the only other outcome I'll be happy with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Can't believe it's 2016 and there's still no cure for being a McClaren guy.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Pablo Bluth posted:

Alas he wouldn't qualify for a superlicence under the new system.

He can win one in Formula E while Ocon keeps the seat warm for a year

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, I'm surprised no one watches Channel 4. Also, I have a feeling Liberty is going to take a good look at Dorna and how they do the amazing MotoGP online streaming service and copy that.

Is there actually much incentive to copy that when they have a load of TV revenue that a move like that could sabotage though?

I'm not sure what the revenue is like in other countries, but I remember when Sky secured exclusive rights last year the figures mentioned were insane, way bigger than what they were getting in the BBC days.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
Does he have anything to resign from? I thought he just had a blog

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

wicka posted:

Give me one god drat reason I should feel hopeful about anything right now. Even the loving French are probably going to elect a fascist.

"Even"?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers
The American ads that tell you to "ask your doctor about medication x today" are really weird to me.

"I, someone with no medical knowledge whatsoever, think you should prescribe me this drug because the television told me so"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

uh, we may be the losers

djssniper posted:

Using NowTV for F1 is crazy, might as well get the SkySports discounted subscription

Using Now TV means you can get access to the Sky exclusive races for ~£80, and to all the race weekends for ~£120.

Last I checked, a Sky Sports contract required significantly more than that.

• Locked thread