Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They are likely going to make some special Ferrari agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TurboDrizzle posted:

It really outrages me that people actually think ferrari is that important to f1 in a way that lotus, march or cooper are not and deserve this treatment. Especially when they are taking in all that money to produce Force India-like results overall while Manor and Good Lotus go bust. (admittidly they have been on a 3 year upswing in form, but it wont last). Their precious 1950-2017 streak wont even be left when they gently caress off to WEC.

They are.

Lotus has gone through periods where they were extremely competitive, but also periods where they were at the tail end of the grid. The real Team Lotus died in 1994 (or 1995 but it's painful to think about, really).
March was a midfield to lower midfield team for it's entire existence. They faded into nothing at the end of 1992 and I doubt anybody other than diehards like us even remember them.
Cooper led the rear-engined revolution, yes. They are important. But, like March, faded and vanished shortly into the 3.0L era. Like March, they are merely a footnote now.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think it makes sense to race in places that have a motorsport culture. I think China and India are getting there but it will be some time yet before it truly takes off.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't get over listing March as being as important or prestigious as Ferrari, Lotus, or even Cooper. What the hell did they accomplish? Historically finishing in 6th place and scoring a podium twice a decade?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

Better :toxx: that, buddy.

Absolutely not.

• Locked thread