Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I suspect that's Keke's influence.

Nico has just had a kid, an quite possibly wants to be around.

Do you notice his timing is similar to his Dad's, in terms of the age of his child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

Lowe really is Newey's equal if not better at this point. Newey has always felt like a spent force to me, particularly towards the end of the Vettelreich

Do you not remember the RB9 walking away from other cars even when they had their DRS open?

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Norns posted:

I hope Sebastian finds his mind again. He loving lost it this year. I miss happy dance Vettle.

Ferrari destroys drivers. The sole exception to this was Michael Schumacher, and the unique circumstances he enjoyed when he was there.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

In Autosport Plus there's a good interview with Ross Brawn. One quote from it landed like an anvil though, at least to me, regarding Schumacher:

"In that part of his career..."

As careful as Brawn is with his words, I wondered if this was a commentary on Michael's return to Mercedes. I remember being really surprised in 2010 that he seemed ill-prepared at one or two races, particularly Malaysia with regard to tyre choice. Schumacher of all people - the model of teutonic preparation.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Khablam posted:

It always felt like testing and development restrictions neutered Michael's USP more than just age related fade alone.

Definitely some of that. I didn't think it was age at the time, but I did wonder if he thought he would come back and light everyone up, plus he appeared to have hobbies like his bike racing, which was definitely a new thing.

That being said there were a few races where it was very much the old Schumacher.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Yeah, but Ross Brawn!!!

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

They're getting trolled by Mercedes.
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/835089636980555776

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

The rear wings look a bit poo poo to me. A cross between the '83 sails and A1GP with the rearward vertical sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

• Locked thread