Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

WTF they only ranked Ricky Dicky boy 9th last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Giovinazzi to Mercedes please.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nico knew that he lucked his way into a fluke championship, and that Lewis would come back next season motivated to absolutely crush him. Better to retire now than to leave no doubt about his fraudulent ways.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MZ posted:

I don't think it will be Wehrlein, as that won't help them secure another WCC, they are going to want an experienced driver.

Alonso would be the best choice, but putting him with Lewis again? I don't know.....

Vettel might quit Ferrari too....

Also, Ron Dennis to Ferrari?

Fast Heikki to Mercedes confirmed?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

I really hope it's Verstappen because Ocon or Werlhein or whoever else would get absolutely destroyed by Lewis.

What if one of them destroys Lewis, permanently cementing both Lewis and Nico as the biggest frauds in history?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop."

LMAO

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Retiring right after beating somebody for the first time in 18 years of racing together is the ultimate bitch move IMO.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Khablam posted:

Remember when you were 10 years old, and your best friend / older brother beat you 18 times in a row at tekken?
Remember winning once, then throwing down the controller and lauding the victory, and not playing the brother / friend again?

Nico Rosberg everybody!

I mean, if an actual factual statement made without any embellishment, adjectives or editorial-speak is "belittling" then who really is at fault?
The best burns are always where you speak truth people want to ignore in their own story.

The best post. Just a terrific post. The classiest, most luxurious post. I can tell you that.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Rosberg gets to go out on top and spend more time with his hot wife

Win-win

His wife looks like a cartoon caricature of a German.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nico's only goal in life was to beat Lewis. Once he managed to do that he retired.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

If both drivers are Brits, how will Mercedes know which car to sabotage???

whynotboth.gif

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you will find that there are two good Rosbergs.

Who's the other good Rosberg besides Keke? :confused:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hand Knit posted:

Let's let this one go, and get back to talking about fast cars and their drivers.

But I thought this was the F1 thread? :confused:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Smithwick posted:

I wouldn't rule out Hulkenberg yet. He would be a solid #2 driver and I think it would be relatively cheap to buy out his contract with Renault.

And they can reuse all the nico merchandise they already have at the warehouse.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Was nice of them not to take a dig at Our Rossie by saying they wanted someone who could hit the apex of corners reliably while under threat of being overtaken

"Ideally, you will have a proven track record in skills including steering, braking and in particular, accelerating."

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This will always be the best video of the Lewis and Jenson years :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSY8RUIvf8

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Theophany posted:

Since we're on the subject of cool and good F1 team mate videos:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CratSock posted:

OK, I did a quick wikipedia search, and it looks like Mick Schumacher is 17 now, so he wouldn't break Max's youngest driver record even if he did start next season. Michael must be rolling over in his grave, having been beaten by Jos at something.

He's just joining the long line of people who've been beaten by Jos.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I still like Riso.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Who wouldn't want to work for the lovely Claire?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They could always do something like promote Gary Paffett from the test drivers role. He's got plenty of experience working as McLaren's test driver and then Williams' test driver.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Give Jack Nicholls a TV commentating gig. He did a good job with Formula E and then the BBC radio F1 coverage.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The hybrid era cars are easy to drive in that drivers are lifting and coasting through corners and driving at 60% to optimize fuel consumption and tire wear.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis and Lewis.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Are Graham/Damon had the best helmet design of all time.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

poty posted:

Please don't spread fake news in this thread: Damon Hill did NOT die

You are the best poster.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis going sledding with Roscoe and Coco is the best thing ever.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tsaedje posted:

Depends on the wording, it might be that having DiResta as a reserve driver fulfils the requirement

"Well technically we did fulfill our contractual obligations" is sure to be well received when it comes time to renew the sponsorship contract.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

can someone explain this to me

Yeah they used to allow tobacco advertising. Can you imagine that? Monsters.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

At the end of the 2015 season I said Nico Rosberg 2016 WDC, I predicted it.

I mean you had a 50/50 chance.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Last time Fernando was clean cut, he got beat by his rookie teammate at McLaren.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

The Italian version of Motorsport.com has an article stating that Are Ron and some Chinese lenders are making a bid to buy Manor

Supposedly the Chicken Expert from Indonesia is a part of that investment group.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Halo14 posted:

Only the best for Are Jense

Jessica is the best.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

GramCracker posted:

Please see my above post and reconsider your opinion. TIA.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

iospace posted:

Question, does anyone here actually hate Max for reasons other than "he's ugly" or "he's not Fernando/Nico/Dan/<INSERT THREAD DARLING HERE>"?

He's the spawn of Jos Verstappen.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Merry Christmas everyone! #neverfade

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I've read his autobiography and it was fairly entertaining. I'd watch the movie if possible.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Carth Dookie posted:

List is garbage, it has Nico ahead of Keke.

LOL Nico's behind Notre Jacques :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Welp the hennostream dude got doxxed and shut himself down. Gonna need to find a new place for illicit HD Sky streams next season...

• Locked thread