Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weird how Bottas now looks evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Seems like a pretty normal picture with a slightly eccentric outfit idgi

Her dress is cool and she seems happy! Best of luck!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Donington was just sold recently, right? Is it assumed the new owners will put the money in to get F1 back there?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Imagine all the cool watches you could keep in those pockets

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They should have made the giant statue go off whenever someone wrecked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfnZV9KPJ4g

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
No need for Pascal when you have Super Seb

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Making F1 rules seems fairly straightforward and sane in comparison is quite a feat NASCAR just pulled off.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I really liked the throwback Gulf livery from this last year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
KMag sucks poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Being more bad is also an exciting change

It would actually be pretty funny if McLaren put together a car capable of winning races the first year after Ron

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sauber will win the WCC and the hearts of racefans everywhere in the first year of the relaxed rulebook by making sure their engine is really loud.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
McLaren Honda has always sounded completely sick to me. As in 'man that engine sounds like it is about to explode' instead of the wicked cool sick.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hopefully in 10 years we will be talking about how petulant the blue car is for trying to start a rap career during its downtime

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
In Max's defense just shoving a bell pepper in your mouth is kind of weird

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Paint the whole car yellow like last year and it looks way better imo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I could see him re upping if the car continues to makes progress and McLaren is like 4th or something in the WCC. Especially if they throw money at him because of how much Honda loves him. I'd be surprised if he goes to another team at this stage of his career unless it is for like a guaranteed somewhat legit chance at another WDC (Mercedes, Ferrari? RBR??) which isn't happening baring something strange. He would probably just retire if the car is a shitbox again.

I have special insight into Fernando because I follow him and his girlfriend on instagram.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Honda was very clearly the issue with recent cars so it is hard to say how competitive the rest of the car is. I mean, it obviously probably isn't but it is hard to see the other warts when the engine was so bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
That is a good helmet and Stoffel is a good looking guy so congrats all around McLaren

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

enri posted:

To continue that theme:

from the BBC live feed page thingy

Man would it be cool to have an actual competition for WCC and I am dreading the point when Mercedes turns their engine up and scoots around a full second faster

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tsaedje posted:

Hamilton on softs has gone a full second quicker than Massa's time

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Don't blame the oil for trying to flee that livery tbh

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

If ever you feel like your job is meaningless, just check out this listing.

Any job is meaningless if your boss is Hack Clown

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I am becoming fairly optimistic that the Scuderia are going to win some races this year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had a dream last night that a mechanic accidentally replaced the oil in my car with hot vegetable soup I think because I read that McLaren article. Thanks a lot Honda!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some say that Retarded Matt Damon's title was a lucky fluke but imo it takes real skill to not crack under pressure of that magnitude.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to Bernie getting in front of a camera somehow and saying incredibly dumb poo poo to get some attention. I wager he will be recorded at some race track saying the holocaust was actually good or something like that.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gilles Simon was a big advocate of having oil in your engine iirc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sure we get oil from whales but I don't see what that has to do with seals. Now if you'll excuse me, I am late for the bi-daily livery development taskforce workshop seminar

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Starship Troopers 2 = MCLRN+

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How does the actual engine manufacturing work in this part of the season? Do they just crank a few dozen of the fuckers out in case they need them or do they just make a bunch of parts to be assembled pretty much as needed?

I really don't know how time intensive building an F1 engine from scratch is after it has been designed.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

I hate Lance Stroll

He sucks

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4167 days

That must have been one heck of a Rivals.com pun

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll be damned if I am just going to sit here and let you morons badmouth Bruno like this

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lance poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Alain Post posted:

Lewis's inauthenticity is why he's authentic to me. He comes across as this deeply insecure guy with a persecution complex that's also ridiculously good at racing. He's fascinating in the same way infamously bad-temper drivers like Reutimann and Mansell were.

Yes, I'm not a Lewis Fan or a Sky Presenter or anything but I do like that he is more interesting than many of the other drivers, who were seeming bred in a lab to give happy corporate PR statements.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

jammyozzy posted:

Today I learnt I share a birthday with Formula One Grand Prix winner Pastor Maldonado.

Happy birthday :)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Number of engines blowing up are a bad metric as well if certain teams are turning theirs down to actually get track time and maybe to avoid bad press. My guess is that is what McLaren are doing now given Alonso's bitching to the press.

Cranking up an engine all the way and seeing when it explodes is probably a fairly smart thing for some teams to be doing right now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
drat I am hard as a steel girder after reading that post

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
McLaren should be given a 30 grid spot penalty just for sucking so much poo poo in testing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Fastest car on the grid for over two seconds as that is the average engine lifespan

• Locked thread