Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I always thought it was funny how Bernie insisted on running Baku against Le Mans and other poo poo like that against WEC because he is such an egotistical prick about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Changing GP2 to F2 makes me wish F1 has a relegation system so that we could send McLaren down

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Typical ignorant American investors making GBS threads on the European Grand Prix. Sad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get rid of Baku, Sochi, and Bahrain imo. Put the Euro GP in Imola and add two street circuits somewhere.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bring back Korea if Sepang is really dropping out

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nascar fist fights are the dumbest poo poo on earth

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
F1 simply needs to purchase Taylor Swift and have her perform at every race problem solved

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You're the man now Brawn

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know a cool boss I'd like to come by if you catch my drift ;)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Remember this time last year Bernie pushed through that awful qualifier change haha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Settle down wicka

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Doing #1 will ideally produce a long term revenue growth since it will draw more interest into the sport since you aren't chasing dictator money running races in places that no one gives a poo poo about. This will result in an increase in TV/Stream revenue and poo poo like that. I think this is the right approach. Getting Brawn to make the on track product less lovely is another approach with the same goal.

The question which you are seem to be raising is if Liberty will have the patience to eat short term losses to produce a long-term gain. They have seemed pretty competent so far so I think they will. But it certainly is a possibility that 5 years from now they will face some internal pressure to add a bunch of oil country races in order to raise share value or something if they aren't getting the growth they are anticipating.

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 16, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think they could actually have way more viewers in the US than they do now and part of that is not running races in Baku. My guess is that this is the primary reason why Liberty bought the thing in the first place, in that it was something that could have mass appeal with flaws that they could fix.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd wager the success of EPL in the US in the past decade or so was probably at least some factor in Liberty thinking F1 can do much better than it has here

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't watch much Nascar but the snooty claim that they are all talentless hacks is loving garbage

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Was that a loving essay about posting style lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is my first year watching NBCSN through PS Vue. Do they show all the practices and everything and does anyone know if it is all on demand or if I have to set it up to (fake) record it?

• Locked thread