Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

td4guy posted:

Nando to Mercedes please.

God I hope not. I'm a Nando and McLaren guy, please don't make me care about Mercedes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I set up a cytu.be channel with a bunch of old races, season reviews and other f1 videos in a random order. I currently have 110+ hours queued up and will keep adding as I find more. I just watched Frog Dad have a pretty decent wreck at Interlagos 94. Come hang out and watch some racing. 99 Italian GP is next, followed by the 1990 Season Review.

https://cytu.be/r/formula1

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 4, 2016

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

So we all agree then, Lewis is poo poo regardless of what he looks like or where he is from. Glad we cleared that up.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Someone help me out here. I seem to remember around 2007-2010 McLaren having some internal drama involving someone's girlfriend/sister/wife. It's been awhile but I seem to remember this woman was dating one of the drivers and was related(?) to the other. I am not sure on this but my memory wants to say the drivers were Lewis and Jenson. It keeps popping back in my head that she gave a several interviews saying she could stop the fighting between the two. In typical bad movie fashion one of them was like "sure ill do it if he does" while the other was having none of it what so ever. Am i just getting old and making things up or was this a real thing?

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Jenson's girlfriend was taking part in a TV talent show at about that time if my memory serves and I think Lewis started going out with Nicole what's-her-name at some point during that timeframe as well

Thanks m8, but I only remember one woman being involved in this. Im having slight flashbacks of her watching on the tv in the garage almost having a panic attack while Lewis and Jenson (still not sure if its these two) are battling it out on track.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Theophany posted:

There's no way it is possible given the criteria you've said. Jenson was dating Jessica Michibata and Lewis was dating Nicole Scherzinger, there are no familial connections between the two drivers' then partners.

Also, and maybe this is just me, Lewis and Jenson's partnership was never really that tense. It was more Lewis being a moron on social media and Jenson driving him into a pit wall that one time.

It's very possible she was dating one and was just friends with the other. It's been a long time and I haven't thought about this since it was happening. I did some looking and found a video from Turkey 2010. The woman at 1:25 is who I was talking about. They don't show all of it, but she was in full on panic mode, yelling at the screen and everything throughout the race. I know this wasn't the only incident either and I'm 90% certain the interviews did happen with her saying she could fix the problems. Sorry in advance for the moonspeak and russian social media site. Its the best I could find.

https://vk.com/video28113723_159399295

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

hamiltonfan.png

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

HJB posted:

There was that one a few years ago, I forget what he did, but he did it.

All I can remember is he got a podium once, and might have won another race if Williams let him pass old man Massa instead of lolly gagging around before saying he was allowed to. A real driver would have passed Massa anyway, orders or not.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I think it says somewhere in the rules that Honda has to supply more than one team, problem is nobody wants it or cares.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

POOIS SHAMILTON

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Not sure but his name sounds a lot like an F1 driver whose initials are P. S. and whose name I was probated for posting before

Are you talking about Poois Shamilton? Because it really looks like Poois Shamilton to me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Motorsport dot com trying to create rookie vs veteran Fernando story already. Sorry but I don't think Waffles is #blessed with the gift of petulance like that other guy whose name I won't say. Besides, what would they argue over, 5th place in the WDC standings? Yea thats right, Im putting McHonda ahead of the Scud in 2017.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Counterpoint to the Carey praise: Fox Sports is really bad and the NFL is unwatchable due to ads and unnecessary replays.

I'll take FOX over CBS every single time. Everything about CBS coverage is bad. The in-studio hosts, the commentary teams, the music, the graphics... all of it.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd like to see them go back to detroit, but I'd assume that knowing detroit half the circuit is just constantly on fire now or the street has been torn up by people looking for copper.

I live in Detroit. The areas where the course ran are in better shape than they were in the 80's. Downtown as a whole has improved a ton.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Petulant race car driver or petulant Korean dictator? You decide...

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

1500quidporsche posted:

Personally I think they should focus a little less on loving about with the paint and name changes, and perhaps channel that energy towards making the loving car competitive.

Yes because the guys in marketing and branding are also the same guys wrenching on the car in the garage.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

On every car there are two decals, one of them is a capital E inside of a circle and the other is instead a capital N. The E is usually found on the side pod just behind the driver's head, while the N is located on the nose just forward of the cockpit. Any idea what they designate? I can remember them being on the cars for the past several years at least.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Bottas hasn't even driven the car yet and the Hamilton family petulance machine is already running at full speed with DRS open. Love it.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Double post

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/831539885630689286

It still has that fart can sound, which I kind of liked, but doesn't give me good vibes when it comes to winning or being fast.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Mercedes is trying really hard to make me like them. Sharkfin? Nah gently caress that. Dick/clit nose? Please, we are above that garbage here at MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS MOTORSPORT. Then I remember grandmaster PH is on the team. I'd take 5 years straight of Force India plywood sharkfin on every car if it meant I got to see Hamilton never win another championship. Sorry Mercedes.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I can't help but think of McLaren as Rick Vaughn in Major League 2. New look, same dead arm.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Last night I was thinking to myself, I wonder if Red Bull will surprise us this year and make the car with the same color scheme as one of their cans. That didn't exactly happen, but it was close. What the gently caress Toro Rosso?

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

The McLaren looks even worse on the track than in the photos. I thought the Force India sharkfin was the lowest it could get when I first seen it, but nah man. This McLaren could possibly be the ugliest Formula 1 car of the modern era. Yes, even worse than mid 90's poo poo teams like the MTV Europe sponsored Pacific or the :krad: Footwork Arrows.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 28, 2017

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

JFairfax posted:

hahah I had not seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6P-_OiflbI

marvelous

Look at Mansel with his flat brim bent upwards 30 years before it would become cool. What a hipster.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I miss Bernie not because he was good for the sport, because he isnt and hasnt been for years. I miss Bernie because hes a little poo poo bag troll, and that was entertaining. Liberty media is not entertaining. There is nothing funny about Ross Brawn.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Tony Montana posted:

Lewis, please just stop trolling me

Who is this Lewis guy? His name sounds suspiciously similar to this whiny F1 driver I know.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

You Am I posted:

I guess it was like justin.tv

No. It was just one dude streaming high quality HD race coverage. He had a network of mirrors funded by donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Did this guy call v8 supercars poo poo? Im American and I love it. It's fast, its aggressive, the tracks are interesting and the cars sound great. Its what I wish NASCAR was. Im a bit disappointed with next years new regulations. They are trying to change it into regular old touring cars. Dont get me wrong I love touring, but there are already good series for that.

• Locked thread