Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamesPlumbtree
Aug 3, 2003
Was tired posting this, don't mind the grammer and the messed up title..... Argh..

Was bored tonight figure you guys might enjoy this. I wrote windows batch script that will assign a random 02:*:*:*:*:* MAC address by modifying the registry then disable and renable the wifi card. It will then open the browser you set it to to the xfinitywifi sign page, just pick 1 hour free trial then enter a bogus zip code and email address. Once your free hour is up just rerun the script and get another free hour. You can keep doing this over and over again. Normally I just use kali linux to do this, but I wanted something that works on windows. You will need to download devcon utility from microsoft to make the script work. Other then that just define what browser you use and the device id of your wireless network card.

Maybe someone will get some use out of it, I currently am. Enjoy

@echo off
rem nick.brian.collins@gmail.com

rem This script will randomly spoof your MAC address on windows, then disable and enable the network card of your choosing
rem Once that is done it will open up your defined browser to the xfinity public hotspot page at that point
rem you can enter bogus information for the zipcode and email address and click start session..
rem The script uses the devcon utility from Microsoft, it is use to disable and enable the Wifi device this script will not
rem work with oute it..

rem Set the browser you would like to use, I'm currently using firefox..
set BROWSER=firefox

rem Set the name of the wifi device ID, use the command: devcon hwids "*" , to find it
set WIFI_DEVICE_ID=*VID_13B1*

cls
call :intToHex hex0 "(%random%<<15)+%random%"
call :intToHex hex1 "(%random%<<15)+%random%"
set "MAC=02:%hex1:~-4,2%:%hex1:~-2,2%:%hex0:~-6,2%:%hex0:~-4,2%:%hex0:~-2,2%"
echo Random MAC=%MAC%
for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4,5,6 delims=:" %%a in ("%MAC%") do set CLEANMAC=%%a%%b%%c%%d%%e%%f
echo Registry MAC=%CLEANMAC%
echo Updating MAC Address in registry

rem Set registry location where NetworkAddress needs to go..This will most likely vary from PC to PC
set REG_LOCATION=HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0013 /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d %CLEANMAC% /f

reg add %REG_LOCATION%
echo Disabling WIFI
devcon disable %WIFI_DEVICE_ID%
echo Enabling WIFI
devcon enable %WIFI_DEVICE_ID%
echo Opening %BROWSER% to Comcast Page
start %BROWSER% https://xfinity.nnu.com/xfinitywifi/?client-mac=%MAC%

goto :eof

:intToHex
:: %~1 variable to store the hex value
:: %~2 int32 string value
setlocal enableDelayedExpansion