Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dad doesn't have cancer. What he does have is an idiot primary physician who can't perform common tests that a first year med student can do.

At least that's what the oncologist said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

Dad doesn't have cancer. What he does have is an idiot primary physician who can't perform common tests that a first year med student can do.

gently caress, that's great news, man.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

:hf:

I've got an awesome '50s Magnavox console radio that I've been using as a bluetooth speaker (damned thing has phono plugs, made it easy as hell). Unfortunately, I forgot about it and left it on and after a couple days it started a 60hz buzz. What's repair procedure? First just replace all caps and see if that takes care of it?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

CommieGIR posted:

Hang them from the beams. No problem.

My beams are at like 7'2" down to 6'6"

I can just fit a landrover in if I let the tyres down.

I can only hang lights below the beams above my workbench or right at the edge next to the wall where I can't hit my head or a truck on it (I'm 6'3").

Otherwise I have to hide them within the joists.

Those awesome lights are 600mm^2 which I would have to recess within the joists at the sides and would end up having to buy about 8 of the buggers to avoid weird shadows :(

I shall measure up and find a photo of what I'm trying to work around.

InitialDave posted:

I am, I think Cakesmith Handyman is too, so we can probably sort you out if required.

Cheers. I'm not sure where my nearest Costco is? I only know of Oldham (which isn't particularly close!)

fridge corn posted:

Im also a Costco member in the uk but I'm not gonna help you sorry
Is this because I never agree with your book of the month? :colbert:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

Cheers. I'm not sure where my nearest Costco is? I only know of Oldham (which isn't particularly close!)
Derby, maybe?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Seminal Flu posted:

:hf:

I've got an awesome '50s Magnavox console radio that I've been using as a bluetooth speaker (damned thing has phono plugs, made it easy as hell). Unfortunately, I forgot about it and left it on and after a couple days it started a 60hz buzz. What's repair procedure? First just replace all caps and see if that takes care of it?

Yeah probably. I had a pair of (modern) powered speakers that would do nothing but emit 60Hz, and it was the main power supply capacitors at fault.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Tomarse posted:

Derby. There's also brum.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Magnus Praeda posted:

You're doing Costco wrong. :colbert:

My wife has a similar opinion. I just know it's not something that can be changed and plan to enjoy it. Costco on a weekend day is an hour, minimum. If you want in-and-out-wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, you want to go on a weekday evening. I've done a full cartload trip in under 20 minutes on a Thursday at 7-ish.

Yeah if you want a surgical black-ops Costco strike you're gonna have to go real early or real late during a weekday.

My ex used to hate shopping at the Trader Joe's near her house, because it was woefully tiny and surrounded by miles of yuppie families and pretty much a brutal spectacle at any hour of the day or night. I told her to look at it from a period earlier in our evolution, where everyone had to gather at the one watering hole and fight tooth and nail for sustenance/survival. Strangely she took well to that advice and was soon ramming people with her cart like everyone else and grew to enjoy it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Damnit 2016, stop taking people.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Didn't the guy that played Gilligan die too? Rough year.

Not sure if U.K. Costco is the same but if your given a gift card to Costco you can go and buy whatever and spend more than just the gift card amount.

But I have a membership because it owns bones. Produce and meat price and quality more than make up for it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You mean Bob Denver?

Yeah, he died... 11 years ago. :v:

Just checked, out of the original cast, only 2 are still alive. But the only one who died relatively recently was Russell Johnson (The Professor - died in 2014).

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

You mean Bob Denver?

Yeah, he died... 11 years ago. :v:

Just checked, out of the original cast, only 2 are still alive. But the only one who died relatively recently was Russell Johnson (The Professor - died in 2014).

Yeah that's the one. Friend on Facebook seems to be linking random celebrity deaths ffs. Just looked at the date of the article and yeah...umm. Me stupid.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Hanging out with some Australians at a bar in Montana right now. We are coming up with good ideas and using the word "oval office."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Am I seriously the only person who loving loves Garfunkel and oates?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

iwentdoodie posted:

Naw, they're funny.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bridge Over Troubled Water is a good song, yeah.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

iwentdoodie posted:

They're loving hilarious and I loved their TV show.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I liked how in that movie the one was full frontal nude.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

Now that I google who the gently caress they are, yeah. They're kinda funny.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

I think this deserves more of a 'gently caress yeah!'

Though I would like to know more about that nudity thing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I have less :smith: about people dying once they're in their mid-80s than people who are significantly younger than my parents.

iwentdoodie posted:

No, theyre great. Kate Micucci is cute as hell, too.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

iwentdoodie posted:

They're hit or miss.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

fuckin a right Ken

https://medium.com/@justjudyanne/2016-is-not-killing-people-984b583a0ecc#.6pliaezbb

So, please stop abusing hard drugs and alcohol and whining about one year or month or another sucking. Everything in moderation, except cars, buy those until your yard is full and you still can't drive any of them to work.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
im in Costco anybody need anything

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

im in Costco anybody need anything
Whisky.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A 1000 pack of bagel bites. And whisky.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

From Costco or in general?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

freelop posted:

From Costco or in general?
Really, from Costco is where I normally get my whisky, it's hard to beat their prices.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jamal posted:

Hanging out with some Australians at a bar in Montana right now. We are coming up with good ideas and using the word "oval office."

Life advice: never use the word oval office with an american or canadian accent. It just doesn't work.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It helps that it's pronounced "kent" or "kint" in Australia so it doesn't sound as gross

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Welp, around the time I fixed and modded my snowblower the governor on it quit. I thought I'd bent/disconnected part of the throttle but it was just the universe loving with me because the linkages were fine and I was left utterly confused.

Picking it up from a shop tomorrow because lol we're getting more snow and I didn't have time to take apart an engine in my driveway while working.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, Bristol Palin is fuckin hot.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, Bristol Palin is fuckin hot.

Stupid too.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, etc.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

Life advice: never use the word oval office with an american or canadian accent. It just doesn't work.
You also can't pronounce "twat" properly for some reason. It's clearly an "A", not an "O", FFS.

And what's with calling solder "sodder"?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

InitialDave posted:

Really, from Costco is where I normally get my whisky, it's hard to beat their prices.

My girlfriend's dad gets real weird whenever I show up with Kirkland branded alcohol to make mixed drinks with. For the price and volume you get, there's few higher quality options

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Well, I've never had their whisky, though I've heard the vodka is good. But I don't mix my whisky with anything anyway, and I don't feel the need to go cheaper than Bells.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

Stupid too.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, etc.

A drat shame because she is fine as hell.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

You also can't pronounce "twat" properly for some reason. It's clearly an "A", not an "O", FFS.

And what's with calling solder "sodder"?

That's how you pronounce it.
Let's talk about how to pronounce "aluminum". Notice the lack of a second "i" in that word. Fricking limeys, adding syllables where they ain't...
Don't even get me started on "lieutenant". What the gently caress is a "leftenant"? Do you have rightenants, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

A drat shame because she is fine as hell.

Crazy is often contained in attractive packaging.

• Locked thread