Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

gently caress DENNYS.

I literally the last 11 hours working more or less non-stop on a single undercounter freezer there. How might that be you ask? Well, 15+ years of hackjobs stacking up, that's how.
That thing has 2 evaps, 2 temp controls, 3 solenoids, and all of the above were working independently of each other. On top of that it all tubing was twisted up into a rats news of oversized elbows, exposed wires, and other garbage. Oh, and on top of all this they had a cord wired in to the J-box as well. Where this cord go? Well, it went across the freezer, out the side, across the kitchen, into another cooler, through that cooler, out the other side, and into another cooler, where it powered the fans and controls. :psypop:

So we just ripped everything out and started from square one. All the pipes, all the wires, boxes, controls, everything was out. We get everything out, repiped, rewired, and about to run when find the next problem. Get on the roof, and the defrost clock isn't powering up. Trace out the wires, it's got several rub outs. gently caress. Trace it out further, two of the terminals get run though a relay, that very clearly caught on fire a while ago, and go down into the abyss.

At this point we just kinda said gently caress it.
Seriously, how the gently caress did this ever run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Having a HVAC job and being on Facebook really sucks right now.
So many people willing to lap up Trump's bullshit because he save a handful of jobs with a publicity stunt.

I'm sure they'll be paying just as much attention in 2 years when the plant closes anyways and Carrier moves to Mexico.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

The Door Frame posted:

gently caress, I should have been smarter about this in so many different ways

Yeah, you just have lie to the dispatch, tow truck doest care what they're hauling, they get paid either way.

When I bought my van it had no tsg, so I just gave them the info off my Explorer, tow truck shower up, and towed the van with no issue.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I've been at this same loving Dennys for a combined 20 hours almost now. Just trying to unfuck one loving freezer.
We came so close today, all the wiring is done, all the valves open, even the lovely extension cord jumper that runs the other freezer now works. But no, the Denny's Gods had to take one last poo poo on us, and reveal the the loving compressor is trashed too. Godfuckingdammit.

Back at it for round 3 tomorrow morning! :shrek::hf::suicide:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I keep trying to mess with the customization settings in BeamNG and I keep making cars that are completely undrivable. :saddowns:

This one snaps the driveshaft off as soon as you hit the gas, and even if you do get up to speed it destroys the front end after a couple hundred feet.
JOB WELL DONE.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well, it's less of a game, and more of a sandbox car smasher, but yes it's fun.

They've recently added some new features, like some basic missions and such, but the most fun I've gotten out of it is in freeroam.

Just spawn a few cars and smash 'em together over and over again. It's a fantastic stress reliever.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Liquid Communism posted:

You have chosen loving poorly.

I bought that piece of poo poo like two years ago, and it has made effectively backwards progress since then, as they've broken poo poo that used to work and not fixed it while introducing new bugs.

Seriously, it's the only Steam game I've ever actually removed from my list entirely, as because they've been in Early Access for three goddamn years you can't get refunds despite it absolutely not working as advertised.

Edit : Seriously, it's taken them 3 years, using a spin off of ArmaIII's engine, to get vehicles kinda working.

And by 'kinda' I mean 'removed them for the most recent stable build because driving over anything causes the game to crash'.

I assume you're talking about DayZ? Because BeamNG has made fantastic progress since they first came out. So many new cars, and parts and things to smash into.
I mean for an aimless sandbox game it's really amazing how fun it is.

Plus, they have some nice little touches:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Update: I finally made my car semi-drivable. I mean, sideways is driving? Right?

Although with the big tires it does make a pretty good offroader.

Now they just need to combine this with the mud physics from Spintires and we'll be having a lot of fun.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Applebees Appetizer posted:

After a couple of lovely refrigerators for us as well, (GE, Kenmore) we are seriously considering going all out and buying a Sub Zero. Yeah they are expensive as hell, but consider that they will most likely outlive you and these new garbage disposable units you would have bought in that span would end up costing more anyway.

Honestly that's the best route. Short of buying a commercial grade cooler (True, Delfield, Victory, etc..) Sub-zero or Viking is about the closest you can get to something that's actually servicable, while still keeping the comforts of a home fridge.

When I eventually build my house i'm totally getting one of those high end appliances

I.E. shelving.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Is this your tree

The lack of Nazi wrapping paper shows a real lack of commitment to the theme. :colbert:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Just save Clear Sky for last. Or just don't play it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Darchangel posted:

Sucks, or just not as good?

It sucks. It's a buggy mess of a game full of enemies with pinpoint accuracy player tracking grenades and game-breaking bug.

• Locked thread