Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

On tonight's panel we have conservative feminist blogger and dog fighting afficionado Hydrangea Pumps, chiseled mediterranean sex god Mannis Testiculares, embarassing liberal Katniss Weasely, podcast listener Basement Failson and poo poo-posting superstar and daily forums irritant Pissflaps. I'm Sadly Not Dead Yet and this is New Year's Eve 2016.

Release the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah times not a human construct.

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong, and agreeing with Pissflaps is a good indicator of that. Time is illusory and was invented entirely by humans.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Who's not busy and can make the January thread?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Seems legit.

Clearly we'll have another lib dem government *shudders* soon.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Private Speech posted:

Seems legit.

Clearly we'll have another lib dem government *shudders* soon.

They don't have enough MPs to form a football team, let alone a government.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
We can almost fill out two five-a-side teams. :colbert:

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
I'm probably missing something, but why are they measuring leadership contests in .5 increments - surely they should be whole units?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Maybe the Lib Dems actually had five leadership contests and nobody noticed, I know I wouldn't have

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Perhaps even more pressingly: there's a beanie baby thread?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

TomViolence posted:

Perhaps even more pressingly: there's a beanie baby thread?

I believe it's in the same subforum as the Aardman slash fiction repository

e: I wish it did exist, though, ideally along with a twenty-paragraph OP detailing forums drama in previous beanie baby megathread iterations

Angepain fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 31, 2016

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Angepain posted:

I believe it's in the same subforum as the Aardman slash fiction repository

e: I wish it did exist, though, ideally along with a twenty-paragraph OP detailing forums drama in previous beanie baby megathread iterations

Considering this very thread managed to derail recently in order to briefly discuss spaghetti recipes, maybe this is some backseat effort to steer the debate. Before long we'll all be talking about our fave claymation pairings, interior design and beanie babies and UK-centric politics will fall by the wayside.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

TomViolence posted:

Considering this very thread managed to derail recently in order to briefly discuss spaghetti recipes, maybe this is some backseat effort to steer the debate. Before long we'll all be talking about our fave claymation pairings, interior design and beanie babies and UK-centric politics will fall by the wayside.

i'm okay with this

I for one can no longer get hard unless my partner is wearing a glove for a hat and i'm in a pair of mechanical trousers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Total Meatlove posted:

And here I thought 2017 was meant to be getting off to a good start

Lol savage

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

No point in a power struggle when you have no power

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:stonk:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's a tory?

I mean, gives thanks to a western hating noncing cult would seem an apt descriptor.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

The problem with apostrophes is they sometimes get used as quotation marks too.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's even scarier at that size.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does she just have massive eyelashes or are her eyes actually dark grey.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It's easy to interpret it as: I'll fight the remainers and their case in Europe too, no quotation arks needed.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Just a reminder: Ian Tomlinson was killed in the street by a policeman in full view of a camera and people still covered for them. At the very least the officer lost their job, I believe, but they never saw a day of hard time for attacking a man completely unprovoked in the street with a weapon, causing his death.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Ah, the riots really brought out the best in the chattering classes didn't it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TomViolence posted:

Ah, the riots really brought out the best in the chattering classes didn't it?

That is loving hilarious. God, liberals are the worst. "10 degrees to the right if it affects them personally", Phil Ochs was right on the money. Well, this reads more like 90 degrees to the right but hey ho.

Anyway, have a happy new year UKMT. I'm going to bed, it's been a long day thanks to all the MMA. So I'll leave you all with a new nomination for thread anthem.

Skitsystem - No Hope, No Future, No Second Chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywNVTBVWpTM

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Just out of curiosity, what's generally considered the best way to deal with a riot? Not long-term systemic (that's a little more obvious), just in the immediate here and now when there's a bunch of angry folks on the streets and a whole load of poo poo is on fire. Let it burn itself out? Step up the police presence and encourage it to burn itself out? Go a little more direct than that?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's generally considered the best way to deal with a riot? Not long-term systemic (that's a little more obvious), just in the immediate here and now when there's a bunch of angry folks on the streets and a whole load of poo poo is on fire. Let it burn itself out? Step up the police presence and encourage it to burn itself out? Go a little more direct than that?

Pray for rain.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

New thread title should be "New Year's Grave"

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tesseraction posted:

New thread title should be "New Year's Grave"

We should be so lucky

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Happy New Year. Let's party like it's 1917 :getin:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I'm alive, and I genuinely feel a little surprise at this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pesmerga posted:

Happy New Year. Let's party like it's 1917 :getin:

If there's not a bunch of new but affordable histories of the dual revolutions out this year for the centenary then they can all gently caress off.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

forkboy84 posted:

If there's not a bunch of new but affordable histories of the dual revolutions out this year for the centenary then they can all gently caress off.

I'm not sodding waiting until 2117 to read about May and Trump being overthrown :colbert:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Mister Adequate posted:

I'm alive, and I genuinely feel a little surprise at this.

I spent a little over an hour this year(oh its 2017 already, letz get this improvemnt goin) genuinely worried that someone was going to murder me (as in they were threatening to kill me, had the ability to and I had little defence if they wanted to). This only ended because the police arrived. ACAB but goddamn if sometimes institutional force isn't a good thing.

Live, be happy for your life even if you can't be happy with your life and always fight for a better life for everyone.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
That seems a good sentiment to have. Glad you are alright.

Happy New Year everyone.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Sorry, that was a dumb post that didn't really add anything other than me still freaking out over my brush with mortality which others might well have experienced worse in the year.

Humanity is cool and we should all be able to live together when we all accept that and have the conditions which allow that.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Happy 2017 thread, all ur New Years Resolutions should be to be a better comrade

Be nice to all bartenders, waiters and retail people tomorrow

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Happy year zero.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This was posted by the Jeremy Corbyn for PM Facebook page

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

They thought 2016 would hold something unheard of, a new world unbrokered by hierarchy, unfettered by corporate power.

But this was a fantasy.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Join in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

did you really have nothing better to do on new year?

• Locked thread