Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

The twisted, hateful face of State Senator Tony Blair looks down with a horrible grin from a huge billboard bearing the slogan, "Things can only get better".

State senators are relatively small-fry politicians sitting in individual states' senates, it'd be like saying 'London County Councilman Tony Blair' :colbert:

Edit: 2. The number of grains of rice we'll be able to afford with our Great British Pound by this time next year.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Secret Santas struggling for inspiration, the Daily Politics has you covered:

https://twitter.com/daily_politics/status/804308815118290944

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

State senators are relatively small-fry politicians sitting in individual states' senates, it'd be like saying 'London County Councilman Tony Blair' :colbert:
After Trump's impeachment, the Pence presidency, the Brexit statehood accession, and the subsequent shift in powers, with his proclivities it's obvious that the most powerful position in the State of England and Wales will be that of Archbishop Tony Blair.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Miftan posted:

The way o understand it is it's mostly to do with cutting sandwiches diagonally and beef flavoured monster munch. Also aren't you Norwegian?

Yeah.

I don't understand Norwegian cuisine.

What's thumb like

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah.

What's thumb like

I've got the horror of lutefisk to look forward to again this christmas :froggonk:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah.

What's thumb like
Im in Norway at the moment, and what's with the caramel flavoured cheese? It's kinda like one of those bad drunk foods ideas you get, except apparently the entire country ran with it and now you have like 10 different varieties in your supermarkets.

feedmegin posted:

Huh, ok. I've tried pretty hard not to learn about American politics so please replace with whatever position is appropriate. Governor?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Zero Gravitas posted:

I've got the horror of lutefisk to look forward to again this christmas :froggonk:
I never did figure out why someone would a) try to make soap out of fish and b) having failed, try to eat it.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Im in Norway at the moment, and what's with the caramel flavoured cheese? It's kinda like one of those bad drunk foods ideas you get, except apparently the entire country ran with it and now you have like 10 different varieties in your supermarkets.

Huh, ok. I've tried pretty hard not to learn about American politics so please replace with whatever position is appropriate. Governor?

The Senators you're thinking of are just called Senators. Each state gets two. Representatives (equivalent of MPs, there are 535 in the USA) are allocated to states proportionate to population.

Fun fact: There are seven states that have more Senators than Representatives.

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

You shut your goddamned whore mouth, brunost is the best. Try it with jam on bread.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Zero Gravitas posted:

You shut your goddamned whore mouth, brunost is the best. Try it with jam on bread.

I would but I abandoned mine in disgust in a DNT hytte. I met a young Norwegian couple headed that way, and they're welcome to do whatever they like with that weird brown putty.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

It's okay, it isn't even cheese!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I remember when the Democratic Republic of England and Wales used to have curry as its national cuisine, before we rounded up all the brown people

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I would but I abandoned mine in disgust in a DNT hytte. I met a young Norwegian couple headed that way, and they're welcome to do whatever they like with that weird brown putty.

I hope they're ok :ohdear:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21141244

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

I remember when the Democratic Republic of England and Wales used to have curry as its national cuisine, before we rounded up all the brown people
But we have the recipe now?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I made myself a curry for tea last night, it was lovely.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Can we destroy the recipe for that monstrosity with raisins in it

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It's all kicking off in Essex. First off, a 15 year old boy's been charged with manslaughter over the death of that Polish fella in Harlow a few months back. Meanwhile, bad news for Clacton Kippers - councillor Jack Parsons has defected to Labour - "I don't regret standing as a Ukip councillor. I still believe in the majority of their policies, but most are very, very similar to Labour" - while Lis Bennison has been accused of slapping a father at the Air Show. Why that latter one has only come out a few months later I don't know but hey, it's all fun and games.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HJB posted:

"I don't regret standing as a Ukip councillor. I still believe in the majority of their policies, but most are very, very similar to Labour"
:stare:

Labour - A non-racist libertarian party?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Rush Limbo posted:

Can we destroy the recipe for that monstrosity with raisins in it

This is why we can't leave white people alone with curry

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

HJB posted:

It's all kicking off in Essex. First off, a 15 year old boy's been charged with manslaughter over the death of that Polish fella in Harlow a few months back. Meanwhile, bad news for Clacton Kippers - councillor Jack Parsons has defected to Labour - "I don't regret standing as a Ukip councillor. I still believe in the majority of their policies, but most are very, very similar to Labour" - while Lis Bennison has been accused of slapping a father at the Air Show. Why that latter one has only come out a few months later I don't know but hey, it's all fun and games.

Ugh ugh ugh why the gently caress Labour would accept his membership I have no idea.

They've kicked out people for far less than ACTUALLY REPRESENTING ANOTHER PARTY UNTIL loving YESTERDAY.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
entryism?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

He's at least publicly renounced his affiliation with UKIP instead of trying to sneak through hoping nobody notices that he's secretly still a Green like some people

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's brunost ie, "brown cheese", called as such despite not actually being real cheese:

Wikipedia posted:

Mysost are a family of cheese-related foods made with whey and milk and/or cream. Because the main ingredient, whey, is a by-product of the cheese making process, brunost is not technically cheese, and it does not taste like cheese. However, it is produced by cheese makers, and is sold, handled and consumed in the same way as cheese. Therefore it is generally regarded as a cheese. The texture is firm, but slightly softer than e.g. Gouda cheese, and lends itself well to cutting and shaping. It does not crumble like hard cheeses. The taste is sweet, and best described as caramel-like,[5] but with a tang that is more noticeable in the variants that contain goat's milk.

Guavanaut posted:

I never did figure out why someone would a) try to make soap out of fish and b) having failed, try to eat it.

The key thing to remember about traditional Norwegian cuisine is that it was made with the sole purpose of killing all microbial lifeforms that get within a decimeter of it, while still technically being edible.

Gotta survive winter/exciting sea adventures somehow.

Also, this is pro-click

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 1, 2016

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The Senators you're thinking of are just called Senators. Each state gets two. Representatives (equivalent of MPs, there are 535 in the USA) are allocated to states proportionate to population.

Fun fact: There are seven states that have more Senators than Representatives.

435 representatives
100 senators

538 electors in the electoral college (the sum of the two above + 3 for Wash DC, though electors are not the same people as the representatives and senators)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's brunost ie, "brown cheese", called as such despite not actually being real cheese:

The key thing to remember about traditional Norwegian cuisine is that it was made with the sole purpose of killing all microbial lifeforms that get within a decimeter of it, while still technically being edible.

Gotta survive winter/exciting sea adventures somehow.

Also, this is pro-click

The Mont Blanc tunnel fire was caused by a lorry trucking around butter & margarine, authorities reckoned it burned hotter than a petrol tanker would have done. The French did a test afterwards where they set a lorry full of wooden furniture on fire, it burned so hot they couldn't measure the temperature on anything they had brought.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MikeCrotch posted:

The French did a test afterwards where they set a lorry full of wooden furniture on fire, it burned so hot they couldn't measure the temperature on anything they had brought.
Les fauteuils can melt steel beams?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
All things aside petrol is a pretty lovely fuel for traditional fuel purposes, eg. Cooking and creating heat.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Rush Limbo posted:

All things aside petrol is a pretty lovely fuel for traditional fuel purposes, eg. Cooking and creating heat.

That's what the cheese's for.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brunost is loving amazing and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

staberind posted:

Did you live through thatcher?

Me mam did (I was born in '85) and she says she's more scared now than when she would wake up from nightmares of nuclear armageddon.

So there's that! :v:

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

https://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2016/the-ipb-request-filter-needs-mps-attention-during-report-stage

This is from July but it's about the IP bill that just passed. Did this feature make it through unedited? I couldn't find confirmation or not. That seems slightly concerning.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

TheRat posted:

Brunost is loving amazing and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

Yeah brunost is great, at least with jam.

Put it on your waffle sometime

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

LordVorbis posted:

https://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2016/the-ipb-request-filter-needs-mps-attention-during-report-stage

This is from July but it's about the IP bill that just passed. Did this feature make it through unedited? I couldn't find confirmation or not. That seems slightly concerning.

I think at this point of 2016 the moment Theresa's May's police stormtroopers burst through the door and throw us into the back of their van to be disappeared due to a post we made criticizing the PM-for-life is going to come as a welcome relief

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh, hey, Boris has been caught saying nice things about freedom of movement to EU ambassadors. :unsmigghh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Let's play Finish the Headline:

I'm going with "grand plan to enslave humanity."

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Let's play Finish the Headline:

I'm not playing any game with someone who's shown an interest in Tony Blair, thank you very much

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Orange Devil posted:

435 representatives
100 senators

538 electors in the electoral college (the sum of the two above + 3 for Wash DC, though electors are not the same people as the representatives and senators)

Ah yes of course, I must've gotten confused as there are 535 in Congress (i.e. reps + senators).

Anyway this is why their retarded democracy hands so much power to buttfuck nowhere republican states.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Oh, look the Labour right have decided that parroting UKIP talking points is too tame and are just going to start taking their cues from the Republican Party's playbook now. Sweet.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

remember when everyone thought Teresa may had put a bunch of morons in charge of foreign affairs to sabotage brexit but then it turned out she was still going to do brexit its just she is also a loving moron

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Baron Corbyn posted:

Oh, look the Labour right have decided that parroting UKIP talking points is too tame and are just going to start taking their cues from the Republican Party's playbook now. Sweet.

*points to news article about man arrested for harassing women in gender neutral (and fembale only) spaces*
what are we going to do about men harassing women in gender neutral spaces hrrm

the labour right is so devoid of talent and principles their false dichotomy of competent "moderates" vs incompetent communists would be funny of it weren't so sad

• Locked thread