Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Snak posted:

Like, I don't mind spending money on vials every time I go back to base. It just sucks when you hit a wall and run out. Like, I'm a pretty big defender of blood vials mechanically, but running completely out kills momentum and sucks.

dont run out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Invisible inc and a bunch of crap.

VVVVVV is good actually

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Ciaphas posted:

I feel rather guilty that without prompting I can never tell whether this sort of thing is sexist or just stupid

it can be both

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lurdiak posted:

If it's not like classic Resident Evil, and it's not like Resident Evil 4, in what way is it Resident Evil.

literally could say this about resident evil 4 itself

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

All the mainline games and both Revelations are all worth playing to a greater or lesser extent.

5 is fine but 6 is an absolute pile and not worth anyones time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lurdiak posted:

Trying to "change up the formula" is how you ruin a game series. Mega Man didn't change its formula and it took them a long time to gently caress up and make a really bad one. Not every franchise needs to be Mario.

resi 4 is a lot of peoples favourite resi and was absolutely a massive change up to the formula

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah and it broke the franchise since no one was able to recapture what was good about it in the sequels, and no one would accept a return to the old fixed-camera gameplay either because they love RE4 so much. Which is why Resident Evil keeps trying to reinvent itself every year now.

but 5 and 6 were just re4 done worse and the revelations games were really really good

i think ur theory is bunk bud and there are just good and bad games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

I platinumed 6 this year and enjoyed it.

i couldnt even get more than 50% of the way through a single story line before i got rid of it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
incredible anyone disagrees with mem when its widely known i have the correct opinions

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

bloodychill posted:

You once claimed that Super Mario Galaxy was bad, which is a very wrong opinion.

its no crash bandicoot thats fore sure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

boy are my arms tired posted:

kirby is a good game series

its no SMT thats for sure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Stux, many of your opinions are very bad. Just thought you should know that.

its no overwatch thats for sure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
also bloodborne changed up the souls formula and is the best game in the series

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

haveblue posted:

Also Gears of War and pretty much the entire modern over-the-shoulder action genre.

actually that was operation winback

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

haveblue posted:

CliffyB specifically cites RE4 as his inspiration for Gears

which ripped off operation winback yes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
re5s existence is entirely validated by the final boss fight and everything that happens there

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Klaus Kinski posted:

its very funny to me that people in tyool 2016 still argue that the first few re games are good games.

no, they are one step above visual novel puzzlers, they barely have gameplay.

a) vn puzzlers own b) what ar eu talking about lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Ciaphas posted:

There was a cool German word for when you get really embarrassed/shamed/guilt-ridden for the actions of someone else even (especially) if they have nothing to do with you. Can't remember what it was but I feel that reaallllllyyy keenly so I won't be watching any game award nonsense

fremdschämen

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
always find it weirid when people who play games have difficulty in pressing buttons that appear on screen

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

StrixNebulosa posted:

dude I'm sitting back watching the show, not leaning forward ready to push buttons I mean come on

its not a show, its a video game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

StrixNebulosa posted:

And video games contain shows within them c'mon it's not hard

if you arent ready to game at all times then you pay the price

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Jay Rust posted:

Press the apostrophe button on your keyboard sometimes Stux

you forgot to end your sentence with a period

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

CJacobs posted:

Stux, unable to comprehend something extremely simple? Unheard of.

you think you have to rotate your whole wrist to hit f and v

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

CJacobs posted:

You do. I didn't say you had to corkscrew your whole hand 90 degrees.

im really genuinely sorry if u dont have a thumb but if you do i suggest making use of it in the future

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
very important when the prompt for f + v appears to keep your thumb one button away on the space bar and instead rotate your hand around awkwardly to hit them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
you dont though, just use your thumb. its an important digit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what you get for playing a console game with a keyboard.

no, that wouldnt work, they would have to hit the buttons with their thumb, its inconceivable

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

I never played Bulletstorm when it first came out but I've heard good things so I'm looking forward to the remaster.

its extremely dull

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Mumbling posted:

I don't think you get what I'm saying.

Out of curiosity, why do you think voice actors are treated like garbage? Is it based on your own research or are you taking what the union says at face value?

The details regarding negotiations between the union and game companies were released. If you think their offer was unfair that's fine, but the idea that game companies refused to negotiate, pay actors more and take vocal stress into consideration is false. But that's the narrative that benefits SAG AFTRA.

i, too, enjoy defending large rich companies for no reason.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Mumbling posted:

What do you oppose about the deal the game companies offered?

it still isnt a fair offer compared to other industries which is also their issue iirc

also i think peopele should always at all times milk large companies as much as possible forever

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
also its always rly weird, to me, to see regular people somehow against other people getting paid more. very weird. unless you are the CEO of EA or something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Mumbling posted:

All I see online on both sides are people saying "companies are greedy" or "actors are greedy." That's not productive.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
very important for me to defend these big companies, online, against the evil voice actors

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
that number has been easily and readily available for a while lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Quest For Glory II posted:

corporations get to where they are through unethical business decisions and exploitation. milk them for everything they're worth

im just asking questions, but maybe theyre really good actually instead and the people asking for fair compensation are bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

is that matt halpern lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Chomp8645 posted:

I loved MSGV even though it was the only Metal Gear game I've ever played. The whole time though I was thinking "man great game, if it only it just stuck to the cool tactical action and dumped the Anime Factor it would be even better!"

I dressed up as Venom Snake for Halloween and made someone genuinely upset when I reported that fact and espoused that opinion.

play metal gear rising

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Understandable but I would just say that there are a lot of systems at work in TF2 and you are going to die a lot while trying to figure them out compared to something like Overwatch, especially since matchmaking is non-existent. It took me significantly more than two hours to feel like I knew what was going on, probably more like 5-6.

Playing the campaign helps immensely since they introduce things to you slowly, but obviously the trial doesn't have that as an option.

lol is this a joke, tf2 is babytime easy on systems and mechanics, its just extremely dull and boring.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
lol if u havnt been wanting a tlou sequel since the second you finished the first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
cant believe all these posters are living in some weird dimension where the game of the generation bloodborne never got released

• Locked thread