Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

An old internet friend of mine did a subcomic on bob and george that he hand-drew most of the sprites for it himself. It was nearly 15 years ago, but I remember it being pretty decent, and I can't remember the guy's name but he had a ferret for an avatar. Don't remember what it was called, but it told a story following the games in order. I remember it being way better than anything else on that site.

yo if you still talk to disgruntledferret tell him I thought his webcomic was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how is that going for them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

It's not very complicated. What about it confused you?

Harrison Ford is a blade runner, a guy who hunts down rogue androids called replicants who violate their programmed directives. He's pulled in for a job to hunt four very dangerous replicants that are miners and military droids (iirc). As he does so he begins to fall in love with a woman, who turns out to be a replicant herself. He eventually kills them all except Rutger Hauer, their leader, who plays a violent game of cat-and-mouse with him in a derelict apartment building. Given the opportunity to kill Ford, Hauer saves his life in a demonstration of his mercy and humanity, then dies of natural causes (bc the replicants all have programmed obsolescence dates). Ford experiences a profound change of heart and goes on the run with the replicant he fell for, whose date is unknown, and who may die at any moment. Thematically, it's about transhumanist principles and mortality.

there's way more to the movie than just the dry plot beats

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

It wasn't nearly as irritating as I remembered, yeah.

Are there any good ROM hacks for Link to the Past at all?

I didn't look to see if anyone answered this but there's two, but only one I've played. they're both the kind of thing where you need to be really familiar with ALttP's systems

Parallel Worlds I've played and thought was cool. I haven't gotten to give Goddess of Wisdom I try yet

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

in case you ever forget, you have to turn the console AND your TV on to play the game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I bought and played Demon's Souls way back before the Souls craze started. but I hardly got further than like ... the third or fourth level, and that was mostly just co-oping with an Internet friend and not really getting it

it took all the way until Bloodborne for me to get sucked into it and play it until I got it and I've gone back and played the rerelease of Dark Souls 2 and DS3 and it's got to be my favorite series now. sometimes you've got to just beat your head on something until it makes sense and if it doesn't, don't call it a bad game when it's a whole phenomenon.

e: also lol at needing someone to say "weapons don't work unless you equip them!"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my dad bought a sous vide for Christmas and explained what it was to every person he could

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

i don't understand what he bought because, like, you can sous vide in a loving pot or, indeed, just go to a store and buy lovely pre-cooked food in a bag

it's a doohickie that attaches to a pot and heats the water to the specific temp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

2017 will be the year of Kyle Hyde

that is a nice name

• Locked thread