Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

It's alright. The controls are very slippery, it's a love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing.

Yeah, I unfortunately hate it which is too bad because I love Shovel Knight. The weird bomb based gameplay just wasn't fun for me.

Still extremely excited for Specter Knight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey Chat thread. What are you trying to finish before January 1st?

I don't really see the new year as a deadline. However I'd like to finish Persona 4 before Christmas

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gimbal lock posted:

I was curious about something, so I've made this bucket of statistics just waiting to happen.
These are the avatars of the 20 most prolific posters (by post count) of each major publisher's thread, in no particular order. I skipped those with no avatar.

I object to the use of the Switch thread to make this infographic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Word, this game is good and makes me want to play the older and newer Persona games.

It made me want to play Persona 4, and then I did and it is also great

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TMS was this year in the US.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

devtesla posted:

the best game on the 3DS came out this year, yes I'm talking about Picross 3D: Round 2

This is true

I figured I was done with it but I've been casually slowly replaying it to get all rainbow gems. I can't get enough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

Oh hey, Gravity Rush 2 comes out way sooner than I thought. Well, I'm sold on it from the demo. Anyone know if I need to play the first one for the story or not?

You should play the first one because it's a great game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So uh, the last phase of the sniper fight in Furi is just loving turbo-bullshit.

The sniper almost made me quit that game I hated her so much, but I'm glad I stuck with it for what comes after. It's bullshit but it's doable.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, what ever happened to that SMT/FE crossover game? Did it ever take off or was was it a big dud? I remember reading they were struggling to meet budget and time constraints and had to drop basically all the localization work, which only added more issues on to Nintendo's weird graphic and cosmetic changes they demanded happen.

I hope it did well enough for them to not give up on the idea of SMT crossovers in the future. :ohdear:

It was game of the year 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

It is my estimation that 100% of people who love Souls games started off by hating their first one so I think he'll be ok.

I was intimidated by Dark Souls before I played it but once I started it I loved it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I liked Ys because it reminded me of Dark Souls more than other more recent games that have tried to directly emulate them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe just chill and play the video game, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What is next month's thread title gonna be?

Gaming in the Trump Years

• Locked thread