Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Always spawn with at least 10 blood vials, expanded starting weapon selection for NG+, warp to anywhere from any lamppost are the changes needed to achieve actual perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also uhh framerate poo poo I guess.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I haven't tried NG+ in Bloodborne, but in the Dark Souls series this isn't true. Having high stats and fully upgraded weapons absolutely destroys bosses in the first ~2/3 of the game, regardless of the slight extra health and damage it gives them.

Its still the case in BB if not more so.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

bloodychill posted:

You once claimed that Super Mario Galaxy was bad, which is a very wrong opinion.

Were you like drunk at the time or...?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Same

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
If you got some numbers I'd probably read them. Last I heard the offer was a 9% wage hike with like a $1000 capped bonus per game based on performance. That was in October though I don't know any more recent details if there are any.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh okay well now that the numbers are out there: that's a bad deal and they were right to not take it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I can't watch that, my hand just naturally cringes towards the x button

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I find it hard to retain information unless a grotesque youtuber shouts it at me.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
"Not possible" lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean I'm assuming like half of the people who own bulletstorm on steam got it on sale for like $5

it's kind of weird to expect the remake to be free

Many remakes of games that were already available on steam offer at least a discount for owner's of the previous version. Also, high profile remakes like bioshock and skyrim that just came out were given for free to those who already had the old versions.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Pepper jelly goes good with cheese and crackers

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm borrowing a friend's ps4 so I can play ff15 starting this weekend. This is the same friends who lent me his ps4 to play bloodborne on. I keep offering my wii u in return but he doesn't think anything is worth playing on it :negative:

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sakurazuka posted:

Review my rear end

It stinks!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
She moves like Nathan Drake because the whole point of the Tomb Raider reboot was to make an Uncharted game with the historcial name recognition of the Tomb Raider brand.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
If you mean that it punishes you for not using stealth then that's not really the case. The scoring system is weighted so heavily on time that you can earn an S rank doing basically anything, as long as you do it fast.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It is a bit counter intuitive, but its overall a decent design for a game with so many options. My favorite is the mission where the easiest way to earn an S rank is to just shoot everything with the helicopter minigun, then leave.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
SNES version all the way

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm like 10 hours into FF15 now and I'm pretty dang impressed. Except for the parts where they obviously expect you to watch kingsglaive or whatever lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its like arkham asylum combat, but after so many games that use it everyone hates that style now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's nothing like Arkham combat, Batman is always precise, Geralt just pirouettes all over the place.

This was not my experience, but I used the lock-on targeting a lot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I didn't play till after blood and wine came out, and all the associated patches, but some stuff like dodge canceling out of attack animations are definitely a thing you can do in the current version.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
X3 is a ton better

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
There aren't really that many mobas tbh. There's the good one, the bad one, the third person one, the blizzard one and the new one. Its just that a poo poo load of people play the good one and the bad one, and a bunch more spread out among the rest.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

I don't understand why the genre with the most complicated unnecessary bullshit mechanics ever coupled with the worst gaming community in history has produced the most popular and successful games in decades

Its some hosed up rule that if a game is complicated it drives people away, but if its really complicated then people wanna figure it out or something.

Harrow posted:

I really don't get mobas at all, either. Really the only aspect of the genre that appeals to me is that you get to level up and equip a character over the course of a match instead of over the course of weeks. If someone made a game that was basically Diablo, but with like 30-45 minute long, self-contained dungeon runs where you start at level 1 each time, level up quickly and have limited equipment slots, all of that "moba" stuff except it's a Diablo clone instead with co-op PvE instead of being competitive PvP? I think I'd play it.

Its like an easier to play version of the notably dead RTS genre except there are always a bunch of noobs loving up my game.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I said come in! posted:

I still don't understand what it is that is making MOBA's successful in the first place. What do people love about them? I don't understand League of Legends and its appeal. How is something so complex and with such a steep learning curve so popular?

Good mix of skill based and knowledge based checks in the gameplay. I play dota which also happens to have extremely slick art and general presentation which helps too.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

chumbler posted:

Mobas contain too much waiting and boredom, and what I get out of them I could just as well get out of Diablo or a musou game with far less waiting and frustration and microtransactions.

Those games don't offer what you'd get out of a moba at all?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Would like to see a dynasty warriors moba tho

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Don't pro gamers have to retire at like 27 because their reaction times get dulled just a hair and they can't keep up with the new generation? I think one of the oldest players is 30. What do you do once you retire from pro gaming? It seems like a profession where you get picked up by a sponser in your teens and I don't think getting a degree is something your coach cares about. So you start pushing 30 and you're off the team, hopefully with a nest egg. What then? Coach? Commentate? Commercials? There's got to be scores of washed up gamers working at local grocery stores by now, forever reliving the gank that lost them the championship and sent him back to Ashtabula.

This is pretty much the same as real sports except instead of being left with a broken and battered body by the end of your career you're just socially stunted and maybe have carpal tunnel.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ostentatious posted:

I think like

that fear guy from dOta 2 was old af and still one of the best players in that game

He is like 29 lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

What game are you most looking forward to in 2017? It's Persona 5 for me. True, it's technically already out, but I can't read Japanese so it's a 2017 game for me.

If Doom 6 doesn't have a "666" joke in its title I will be severely disappointed.

Nier Automata and/or the final dark souls 3 dlc

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

Nier Automata is really high up there for me, too. Isn't there a demo coming soon?

I heard that rumor but I didn't see if it was confirmed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm sad I missed the nioh demos. I heard they refined the game a lot from the first demo to the next which sounds promising, like they are really taking player feedback into account.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Was really enjoying this game, but then they wanted money for it! Yeah, no.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'd like to play a monster hunter style game but there don't seem to be very many. There is an anime one on steam but thats all I know of.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They do not top Sapienza but I think Hokkaido is really good. Colorado is just okay

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Idk what they were expecting from a new nintendo system. They don't even know what the good type of ram looks like over there

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

haveblue posted:

Not gonna read that thread, what exactly is wrong with the switch

It is not as powerful as hoped

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
How Nintendo Stole Switchmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Also sunshine is going to be on the Switch VC, which I don't think has analog triggers.

• Locked thread