Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

corn in the bible posted:

my copy of MYTHOS TALES (a lovecraft-themed game based on sherlock holmes consulting detective) arrived

Crap, i forgot about this. I need to grab it.

I hope more people rush in to make these, they are a really cool thing that mystery video games still have a real hard time handling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CJacobs posted:

Bob and George and That's My Sonic inspired me to start doing sprite comics that I never bothered posting anywhere, and I am unashamed to admit this fact to the internet. I will shout it from the balconies: I am a huge fuckin nerd that made sprite comics that I never showed anyone in MS Paint and I had fun doing it!

I had a webcomic when I was 15.
I tried to do single panel stuff. One of them was a spooky picture of slenderman but as you scroll down you see that he isn't wearing any pants and has hearts underwear.

Your comic can't be more embarrassing than that so

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The thing about that comic, is that its really good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Aviary Attorney is pretty ok.

I like this bird. I like this game.

I am on a mystery game kick so I got a bunch of old mystery games: The Colonel's Bequest, Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, and JB Harold Murder Club. I heard good things about Discworld Noir so I might grab that and I am for sure going to grab The Last Express because it seems pretty cool.

What is everyone's favorite mystery games?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Huh, apparently there is an english fan translation of Mizzurna Falls that someone has been working on that will be out before the end of the year: http://projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 9, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

getting a used copy of SHCD is probably cheapest if you do it through the bgg used market https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2511/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective

theyre pretty trustworthy

I've been meaning to grab SHCD forever, but I haven't thought of checking BGG's used market so that should make things easier. Thanks!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't care if it "makes sense with this new take on the character" or whatever. The take itself is lame. It's like if they rebooted Duke Nukem into a noodly-armed guy who's constantly screaming in terror at the aliens attacking him.

This would be great, especially if the noodly arms were like actual noodly arms and you have to control them like Octodad.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
D3 sings its siren song to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only true pizza topping is basil

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sakurazuka posted:

Just the base and basil doesn't sound very appealing

Pizza Tree's Secret Margherita is "Pizza sauce, pecorino romano, fresh house-stretched mozzarella, sea salt, olive oil, and finished w/fresh torn basil" and its to die for

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Plague Knight is very tricky but his gimmick seems super fun.
Also so far this is way more cute than vanilla Shovel Knight.

Too bad I won't be able to play Specter Knight's campaign when they release it, he is way too spooky.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Space ww2 is Gundam and Gundam is very good.

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJ5j-hSUmQ

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 13, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

I hope they call DOOM 5 "DOOMS"

e: DOOM5

D66M6

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I agree with the people who posted in the chat threads previously that said they enjoy how Plague Knight controls more than the base game. The movement options get insane, especially when you get the vat and the armor that lets you bounce after hitting the wall. You can pull off some really crazy stunts with that armor.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
After beating it yesterday, I am proud to announce Jenks from Contradiction is my character of the year.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

My brother says that instead of "Metroidvania" we should start using the term "gear-gated" or something like that.

Tell your brother that term sounds like the fetish of a robot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Real hurthling! posted:

put him to work on fixing rpg next

I can't wait for Noclip's documentary on Jay Rust's brother fixing different game terminology

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So I got Last Express during the Steam sale, and I am kinda floored by it. I think its incredible, I have never played a game that capture the feeling of bumbling your way through a situation that is way over your head as well as this. I guess Deja Vu kinda comes close, but it just feels typically adventure game puzzlely. The game just feels and looks so good, and rotoscoping is something I am always really into when it comes up in video games. I just love moving through the train, and eavesdropping on the random conversations people are having.

I mean sometimes its gets a bit frustrating when you are rushing through the cars, its very easy to accidentally get turn around, and sometimes it does feel like you are just waiting around for the pseudo real time clock to go down, but those are the only two things I can really find fault with it right now. I definitely feel like this is going to be one my favorite games when I complete it.

e: also i love the lesbian couple they are really cute

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Last Express is incredible, really. It was a huge commercial failure at the time, though, which is why they never did a follow-up

I mean I am not surprised, historical fiction game that isn't a war or knights is going to be a hard sell, but that is such a shame. Especially since so many blockbuster games aim for cinematic, and this manages to capture that more than any of those games without using setpieces or crazy cutscenes.

This game just ticks so many boxes for me. Intrigue and plots, murder mysteries, and things set on a train. I don't really like trains, but I always love it when something is set on a train for some reason.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sakurazuka posted:

Well no one ever told me that did they

You can actually rewind whenever, its pretty neat, though if you rewind way back and make a different choice you can't fast forward back of course, so you are force to wait in real time for the part you were at.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chumbler posted:

I think telling people they're not good enough to play your game is worse than any "compromising" on the game the developers would have to do.

what if its the greatest game in the world, but no human can beat it and its only playable by AIs and you have to watch different AIs do silent lets plays of it.

...someone do this it would be kinda neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its not the same, it has to be like an original game with a story and stuff with different throughout that different AIs could stumble upon, so you have to watch different LPs to see the whole game.

• Locked thread